Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2009, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by kpc
.if I fork out some $ and buy an Ambassador membership, would I likely get the Ambassador benefits on a "free stay", and would I get a one room level upgrade? If so, would the latter room be reasonably sized? Thanks in advance
Yes, you should likely get that treatment. If you don't like the room you get, you can always go back to the front desk and ask for a better room. Unless you have the bad luck of staying while a large conference has booked up all the good rooms, you should be fine.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Sounds like a pretty good rate and good inclusions.
Shall try them next time.

Could anyone recommend me a Europe-based Virtuoso agent?
DavidO on FT (PM him) is US based - I've used him. ajinlondon is a UK-based Virtuoso agent.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kpc
If so, would the latter room be reasonably sized? Thanks in advance
You can see the room sizes on pc.com if you click on room description. Classic Rooms are so small you can basically stretch out your arms and touch both walls. Superiors are bigger but still small than I'd like for a stay of over 1 night, especially for a couple.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 4:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoveries, HH Gold, SPG Gold, A-Club Silver, IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz PC
Hi JPDX, I don't quite understand?? I am trying to use my "Free Nights" and new ambassador membership too. What is the best way?? I didn't really understand what you meant by "Sign up for Ambassador, get a paid reservation for a Club room for 2 weekend nights, use the BOGO. Then, book your free nights and have them combine both reservations".
Old Jul 26, 2009, 12:01 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kpc
I'm planning to use my "free nights" from the current promo to stay at the Le Grand. I understand that the award rooms are the tiny "Classic" rooms. I'm PC plat which I gather means nothing....if I fork out some $ and buy an Ambassador membership, would I likely get the Ambassador benefits on a "free stay", and would I get a one room level upgrade? If so, would the latter room be reasonably sized? Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by jpdx
I would recommend including a weekend in your stay. Sign up for Ambassador, get a paid reservation for a Club room for 2 weekend nights, use the BOGO. Then, book your free nights and have them combine both reservations. You'll receive an upgrade to a jr. suite for the paid nights, and it's quite likely that they allow you to stay in the upgraded room for the free nights as well (and quite likely, you get to keep club access as well). No guarantee, but this strategy has worked every time for me, at a wide range of ICs.
Great strategy thanks, but unfortunately I will be arriving on a Sunday, and only staying 2 nights, so it won't work for me.

Originally Posted by stimpy
Yes, you should likely get that treatment. If you don't like the room you get, you can always go back to the front desk and ask for a better room. Unless you have the bad luck of staying while a large conference has booked up all the good rooms, you should be fine.
That's my understandng, thanks for clarifying!
Originally Posted by Raffles
You can see the room sizes on pc.com if you click on room description. Classic Rooms are so small you can basically stretch out your arms and touch both walls. Superiors are bigger but still small than I'd like for a stay of over 1 night, especially for a couple.
Yup, Classic is 22 sq metres, Superior is much larger at 27 sq metres

I currently have an award room booked at Hilton Arc De Triomphe which is 30 sq metres....but I understand the Le Grande is in a much better location than the Hilton (and I want to use my Free PC nights, and my HHonors points can be kept for a later date...)....but I'm Gold at Hilton so should at least get free breakfast and the possibilty of executive floor upgrade!

Addendum: Crowne Plaza Paris Champs Elysees is alao available for the 2 nites I need. How does this compare with the Le Grande? I'm Plat so should get a 1 room level upgrade at CP.

decisons, decisons...

Last edited by kpc; Jul 26, 2009 at 12:26 am Reason: add info re CP
Old Jul 26, 2009, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

CP also has very small rooms, I believe, but never stayed.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am not sure Le Grand location is Much better than Hilton Arc de Triomph, in terms of what?

Though Le Grand would be a much more interesting, historical building than Hilton.

A twin-bed room at Le Grand is slightly bigger than the King-bed room from our experiences. Although it seems when the room size, or at least the sitting area is larger, the closet space is much smaller in the "larger" room.

Also, the first and second floor of Le Grand can feel the noise of the metro trains which are running directly under it.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 8:14 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
I am not sure Le Grand location is Much better than Hilton Arc de Triomph, in terms of what?
Touristy things in general, and restaurants and cafes

Last edited by kpc; Jul 26, 2009 at 8:29 pm
Old Jul 31, 2009, 3:25 pm
yeg

Reward nights and upgrades

I have booked two rooms at Le Grand for two nights on reward points. Thanks to all of you for getting me there!! What is a reasonable expectation for an RA in terms of upgrades or benefits for reward nights. At present I have been upgraded to two superior rooms which is great. The front desk staff said that the upgrade to a suite was on a space available basis. The rooms were all booked on points from my account. Both my husband and I are RA.

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 12:07 pm

Programs: IHG
IC Paris Le-Grand upgrade

Hi,
New to this forum. Just become Platinum Ambassador and have booked for 3 nights at Le-Grand. Booked a "club standard room", but have now apparently been "upgraded" to an "executive room". Is this actually a better room than the club room? I know from lurking here for a week that some fellow users stay at this hotel quite regularly. Could anyone enlighten me as to the difference in these rooms...?
Thanks!
Old Aug 5, 2009, 12:34 pm

I was just upgraded to Platinum PC. but am not yet a member of Ambassador. Having stayed in a classic room here many times, I've often been upgraded to an executive room. It's usually on a higher floor with a better view. Last year we had a room across from the Opera "crown". This was an Executive room, as the classic rooms are smaller than my closet!

I'll be watching this thread as well... Does anyone know if Platinum PC status has any effect on any Ambassador status?
Old Aug 5, 2009, 12:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TexasGal001
I'll be watching this thread as well... Does anyone know if Platinum PC status has any effect on any Ambassador status?
No effect I'm afraid. You need hard cash US$150 to become an Ambassador - or 24,000 points.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 12:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles
CP also has very small rooms, I believe, but never stayed.
It does, I did stay there (on a PB).
Old Aug 5, 2009, 12:46 pm

Oops, I should have asked that differently. If I pay the 150.oo, will I be at Ambassador, or Platinum Ambassador like my PC status.

Sorry to hijack the thread turner32.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 1:25 pm

Programs: IHG
I was PC platinum, and on Sunday paid the $150 to become Ambasssador. My status is now shown as Platinum Ambassador. As you can see, it's already paid off with an upgrade (i think!), and that's before i cash in the 5000 free points certificate and free night. Seems good so far!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.