FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]
View Single Post
Old Jul 26, 2009, 12:01 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kpc
I'm planning to use my "free nights" from the current promo to stay at the Le Grand. I understand that the award rooms are the tiny "Classic" rooms. I'm PC plat which I gather means nothing....if I fork out some $ and buy an Ambassador membership, would I likely get the Ambassador benefits on a "free stay", and would I get a one room level upgrade? If so, would the latter room be reasonably sized? Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by jpdx
I would recommend including a weekend in your stay. Sign up for Ambassador, get a paid reservation for a Club room for 2 weekend nights, use the BOGO. Then, book your free nights and have them combine both reservations. You'll receive an upgrade to a jr. suite for the paid nights, and it's quite likely that they allow you to stay in the upgraded room for the free nights as well (and quite likely, you get to keep club access as well). No guarantee, but this strategy has worked every time for me, at a wide range of ICs.
Great strategy thanks, but unfortunately I will be arriving on a Sunday, and only staying 2 nights, so it won't work for me.

Originally Posted by stimpy
Yes, you should likely get that treatment. If you don't like the room you get, you can always go back to the front desk and ask for a better room. Unless you have the bad luck of staying while a large conference has booked up all the good rooms, you should be fine.
That's my understandng, thanks for clarifying!
Originally Posted by Raffles
You can see the room sizes on pc.com if you click on room description. Classic Rooms are so small you can basically stretch out your arms and touch both walls. Superiors are bigger but still small than I'd like for a stay of over 1 night, especially for a couple.
Yup, Classic is 22 sq metres, Superior is much larger at 27 sq metres

I currently have an award room booked at Hilton Arc De Triomphe which is 30 sq metres....but I understand the Le Grande is in a much better location than the Hilton (and I want to use my Free PC nights, and my HHonors points can be kept for a later date...)....but I'm Gold at Hilton so should at least get free breakfast and the possibilty of executive floor upgrade!

Addendum: Crowne Plaza Paris Champs Elysees is alao available for the 2 nites I need. How does this compare with the Le Grande? I'm Plat so should get a 1 room level upgrade at CP.

decisons, decisons...

Last edited by kpc; Jul 26, 2009 at 12:26 am Reason: add info re CP