Wiki Posts
Search

* * * Ic Master Promo Thread 2008 * * *

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2008, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I got the 5k Plat bonus today - and I haven't done a stay in 2 months! It therefore seems to have been retrospective in my case, unless I accidentally registered for it ages ago without remembering. (Possibly the software checks for who has registered and who has done a stay, without checking if the former was before the latter.)
Old Jun 6, 2008, 2:19 pm

I've just checked in at the HI Kensington Forum London and they have an offer displayed on the counter of 1000 points if you spend more than 40ukp on food and drink during a stay. Not hard to do, I booked the breakfast for 2 days at 10.50 a day, with small son free, and a 2 course dinner at 14.95, with small son free (and very good it was too, with even his 2 cokes free).

Tomorrow we have lunch at my club after the Colonel's Review of Trooping the Colour, so with that and breakfast I can't see us needing another dinner, but we've made the target anyway at what seems good value in its own right.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Originally Posted by Raffles
I got the 5k Plat bonus today - and I haven't done a stay in 2 months! It therefore seems to have been retrospective in my case, unless I accidentally registered for it ages ago without remembering. (Possibly the software checks for who has registered and who has done a stay, without checking if the former was before the latter.)
Hi
I just checked and I have found a nice 5k Plat bonus as well. Cant remember when I signed up for that one, but what the heck, its another 5k in the pot for this year.

Now the fun begins as I have a few more stays this month with work then I am off on my holiday to use up all those lovely prepaid cards that PC sent me, even better when I earn points with them....
Old Jun 6, 2008, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by garethmorgan
I've just checked in at the HI Kensington Forum London and they have an offer displayed on the counter of 1000 points if you spend more than 40ukp on food and drink during a stay. Not hard to do, I booked the breakfast for 2 days at 10.50 a day, with small son free, and a 2 course dinner at 14.95, with small son free (and very good it was too, with even his 2 cokes free).

Tomorrow we have lunch at my club after the Colonel's Review of Trooping the Colour, so with that and breakfast I can't see us needing another dinner, but we've made the target anyway at what seems good value in its own right.
Hi garethmorgan
Thanks for the info, can you see if there is some sort of end date for this promotion. Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 3:48 pm

Got my 5k point Platinum bonus too. Thanks.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

:-: :-: :-: Master Thread Main Post Updated :-: :-: :-:

Friday 6th Jun @ 22.30 UK Time

Various updates

:-: :-: :-:
Old Jun 6, 2008, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Radioman
Hi garethmorgan
Thanks for the info, can you see if there is some sort of end date for this promotion. Thanks in advance.
For my 5K which does show up on the My Offer Status Page, it states reserve within 72hrs of signing up and use by the end of the month. I received the bonus on my first stay that posted this month.

Last edited by kanerf; Jun 6, 2008 at 9:00 pm
Old Jun 6, 2008, 6:56 pm

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
Me too ! ^

Logged on to find the following two items added to my account over last couple of days :-

* Royal Ambassador Renewal

* 5000 POINT PLATINUM BONUS
A sight for sore eyes ! ^
Old Jun 6, 2008, 7:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards, Star Alliance, PC Plat Amb, Delta
That makes sense

I've had an issue with my very recent ANA Kyoto anniversary stay which i have been working on with PC desk. As noted by HTB in another post, it has not yet been rebranded so only got a measly 900 pts + 900 from ANA for 2 day $170/night stay. Spoke to a very sympathetic supervisor who gave me 6K++ which I would have earned if it were a regular HI including the 2K 4 2 nts bonus after I "respectfully" balked at a 1K bonus offered by the CS agent. I see this 5K bonus so I thought it was ANA coming around to pacify me again.

Super suggested I zip an email to the GR desk & plan to write ANA Japan hotel survey signatories. Will report if any "unexpected" bonuses come my way.

KT finally made Plat last year after being a member for 3 years, however, after I discovered FT, I made Plat in one month !!! As always, Radioman, I say thank you. ^^
Old Jun 6, 2008, 7:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards, Star Alliance, PC Plat Amb, Delta
ME too

Also got a 5K posting in my account
Old Jun 7, 2008, 6:56 am

Programs: LH KL PC
I also got my 5000 points out of the blue, but I'm not complaining. ^
Old Jun 7, 2008, 7:07 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Smile My Plat bonus has posted as well

Mine posted on 6 June. Interesting considering I've only had one stay in the past 2 months (2 nights on 25/26 May), then I postulate that the bonus terms may have been somethign like:

1. The 5K bonus will post after your first stay from (xx) date.... (mid May??)

or

2. The 5K bonus automatically posts in early June as a thank you for your ongoing support as a Plat member...

Like everyone here, most greatful for the extra 5K and to Dan ^
Old Jun 7, 2008, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by Radioman
Hi garethmorgan
I enquired and was told "We don't know, it comes from head office and it goes on until they tell us to stop. As we're the flagship hotel they try things out here first and then roll them out to the other hotels."

So it may appear elsewhere in due course.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 3:35 pm

Correction needed for master post

THe 1k food & drink bonus is in the HI Kensington Forum not the HI Kensington which is a different hotel.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

:-: :-: :-: Master Thread Main Post Updated :-: :-: :-:

Saturday 7th Jun @ 23.00 UK Time

Various updates plus amendments

:-: :-: :-:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.