Community
Wiki Posts
Search

* * * Ic Master Promo Thread 2008 * * *

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2008, 6:41 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Originally Posted by Dan_the_Man
The tripple points kick in on your first stay. As to the other questions about the multiple numbers. It is a way for PC to track which one of their distribution methods is more affective (and because they do not trust that you will put in the correct answer for "Where did you hear about this promo".....thus always put other")

For example they will have different codes for the same promo: one for PC Visa, one for Hotel Flyers, one for PC E-mails, etc. All of the codes will get you the same result. You can't register for all of them, becuase they are one in the same.
Of course, that all makes sense from a marketing perspective. Now we can rest easy that we can register using either code and not be concerned. Maybe they should just create codes for us Flyertalkers - that's viral marketing for you .

Did you recieve or register for the 5K Plat offer?
I've registered for it, thanks Dan - first stay coming up in 10 days, so with the Triple points, together with online bonuses Stay 2 Get 2 and finishing my Q2 Stay 4Get 10K, should easily re-qual Plat (only need 15K and it's a 2 night stay)
Old May 14, 2008, 7:17 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
Was this promotion targetted or is everyone eligible?
Old May 14, 2008, 11:08 am

Programs: KE Skypass, Asiana, Virgin, PC, HHonors, SPG, Marriott
Two Questions. Will be staying at IC Shanghai on Corp Rate in few weeks.

1. Do Corp Rates earn same points/miles and also will it work on promos as well?
2. Switched to Mileage earning to fill some mileage needing soon but enrolled in Complimentary Ambassador Promo with 3 nights at IC. Will I have any trouble?
Old May 14, 2008, 1:18 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC

Dan
Could you please provide the code and details of this promotion?
Old May 14, 2008, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by sansim97
1. Do Corp Rates earn same points/miles and also will it work on promos as well?
I normally stay on my corporate rate and get all of the points including promotional ones. Check the T&Cs though for any given promotion.
Old May 14, 2008, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Master Promo Updated 14th May 22.20

:-::-::-:

Various updates and clean out

:-::-::-:
Old May 14, 2008, 6:58 pm

5K Plat offer

PLATINUM BONUS 5000 POINT - promo code 6186

Also, I got the Nascar (3448, I think) bonus posted a week ago, then just a minute ago re-registered for that, and it took!

Worth a try. I'm such a point whore!
Old May 14, 2008, 7:08 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
New Member Bonus - 8390 - even though I'm not a new member. The link to this promo pops up every so often just after I book a stay.

I regsiter for it every so often, always takes, occasionally it pays out.
Old May 15, 2008, 12:17 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
I have a similiar thing occur. I sign up for some promotions successfully and receive a confirmation email. However they don't all show up on My Offers Status.

Maybe there are overlapping numbers from previous years codes that cause a bug.

Two specific ones were the triple point and the 5k platinum bonus. Both showed as sucessful. Neither show up on my offers.

Originally Posted by dgwright99
Absolutely correct. It isn't reliable, but it happens often enough to be more than a freak occuarnce. Of course until recently we didn't get to see our offer status, but it has happened this way twice since the new feature, which is about as often as the points used to post when I was registering "blind".
Old May 15, 2008, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
Two specific ones were the triple point and the 5k platinum bonus. Both showed as sucessful. Neither show up on my offers.
These didn't post to my stay that posted over the night so YMMV.
Old May 15, 2008, 3:56 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Dia
Originally Posted by holtju2
These didn't post to my stay that posted over the night so YMMV.
Same for me...
Old May 15, 2008, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by brandinius
PLATINUM BONUS 5000 POINT - promo code 6186

Also, I got the Nascar (3448, I think) bonus posted a week ago, then just a minute ago re-registered for that, and it took!

Worth a try. I'm such a point whore!

Tried to register and got "invalid promotion code" . Was this targeted?
Old May 15, 2008, 7:07 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
A reasonable person would assume that PC could have set up the My Offer Status page to list according to three categories:

1. Show current offers, once registered (giving validity dates) [they do this well] regardless of their future dating [they don't do this to my knowledge]
2. Show current offers, with updated progress to attainment [which they do]
3. Show current offers completed and points earned
4. Show recently expired offers, with level of attainment [which they do]

Sure, I want to know all three, but once I have attained a promo and it has expired by say 1 month, I don't need to see it any more (I can always print out a copy for my future recognition if I need for prosterity).

My page has 1 promo from each of the first two categories, 2 in the third category and 6 in the last category - 10 promo's in total. I wonder if there is a limit to the number of promo's being able to be displayed. Of course, if there is a limit, a simple answer is to delete the expired ones after a time period (my expired ones go back to 15 December 2007).

I have registered for ones that are current (example STAY 2 GET 2000 PTS 500 MLS - promo code 7112 which started May 12th), however it doesn't show. That's . I've also go the Plat 5K bonus (but don't know when the validity dates, so presuming it's not showing because it hasn't ticked over to the commencement dates yet, or it is constrained by the maximum limit of promo's showing).

Whilst it woud be nice to have some further explanation about how this page works from Priority Club, it's gives me something to ponder late at night...

I know of a number of further 2008 promo offers, but don't know their commencement/expiry dates, so it is crazy to post anything yet.
Old May 15, 2008, 7:09 pm

Have you tried both codes - either 3448 or 3029 could work.

Originally Posted by silver springer
Tried to register and got "invalid promotion code" . Was this targeted?
Old May 15, 2008, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
thanks but I was trying to register for the 5k Platinum

Originally Posted by QF WP
Have you tried both codes - either 3448 or 3029 could work.

thanks for the NASCAR codes. Do you have the 5k platinum code?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.