Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2007, 1:56 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Angry IC total crap

This is just real sad and ridiculous.
I already complained earlier about the IC FRA.
Now just checking the reservation for the IC London coming up, I made it originally for 1 night 15th-16th. Checking now its showing 14th-16 AND they charged my credit card.
They say it was made for 1 night, but someone changed it for 2 nights. Now there is no way I will make it into LON on the 14th. They told me there is nothing they can do. WTH?

As a RA I find this VERY offensive to me on how they treat their highest customers. Lucky I got a referral, but theres no point even next year to go ahead and stay with any IC hotel.

Last edited by jason8612; Dec 12, 2007 at 2:07 pm
Old Dec 12, 2007, 2:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Originally Posted by jason8612
This is just real sad and ridiculous.
I already complained earlier about the IC FRA.
Now just checking the reservation for the IC London coming up, I made it originally for 1 night 15th-16th. Checking now its showing 14th-16 AND they charged my credit card.
They say it was made for 1 night, but someone changed it for 2 nights. Now there is no way I will make it into LON on the 14th. They told me there is nothing they can do. WTH?

As a RA I find this VERY offensive to me on how they treat their highest customers. Lucky I got a referral, but theres no point even next year to go ahead and stay with any IC hotel.
Hi Jason8612,

I take it that you must have booked the hotel on "Advance Purchase Rate" or do they have some sort of 48hr cancellation rule?

If they received a booking from the internet then they should be able to tell you when the booking was changed etc etc.

I would certainly dispute this and since you paid by credit card then you might have some protection from your credit card company.

Do you have the original confirmation email? Also can they provide you with a copy of the change sent out to the booking?

Let us know how you get on

regards
Old Dec 12, 2007, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Called up again and they told me the hotel changed this.
I got the confirmation email that says for 1 night. They also see that I made it for 1 night.
After on the hone the past 30minutes with RA (or A) desk, she called up the hotel and changed it to 1 night, but it doesn't show on my reservations that it was changed.
It was 180GBP/night "luxury weekend" package.

I should not have to go through this much hassle for a hotel room.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 3:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Called up again and they told me the hotel changed this.
I got the confirmation email that says for 1 night. They also see that I made it for 1 night.
After on the hone the past 30minutes with RA (or A) desk, she called up the hotel and changed it to 1 night, but it doesn't show on my reservations that it was changed.
It was 180GBP/night "luxury weekend" package.

I should not have to go through this much hassle for a hotel room.
Hi
I am glad that they have sorted it out for you.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Radioman
Hi
I am glad that they have sorted it out for you.
well she told me she did, but I dont see the changes online.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 4:21 pm

Programs: NW Diamond, LH SEN, PC Spire - RA, TG PlatHyatt Diamond
Did you ask for early (8AM) check-in? Sometimes the IC that I frequented pre-blocked the room for this benefit, so instead of your 1 night, the reservation shows 2 night (original date+ the day before).

Even if the online reservation looks like a regular reservation, I never have to pay for the extra reserved night.

Better check on it first, otherwise you might loose your early check-in.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by spunk_tokyo
Did you ask for early (8AM) check-in? Sometimes the IC that I frequented pre-blocked the room for this benefit, so instead of your 1 night, the reservation shows 2 night (original date+ the day before).

Even if the online reservation looks like a regular reservation, I never have to pay for the extra reserved night.

Better check on it first, otherwise you might loose your early check-in.
Nop never asked for early checkin. Wouldn't be in LHR until after 1pm anyway.
All I did was back in Oct I made the reservation online and thats it. Never email the hotel or anything. Logged back today and noticed the dates switched.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 3:06 am
Original Poster

[quote deleted as quoted post is deleted - the moderator]

I was fine as a gold member. Heck in Australia I got a room upgrade in SYD and a better view room in MEL Never had to call in and argure about a rate.
Oh and in KRK here, not only did the manager email me a personal email before the stay I got a gift in my room (wine, chocolates, fruits and nuts) and they checked 2x during the 1 night stay if everything was fine and no problems with late checkouts at any of the hotels. So far SPG gold is way higher in service than RA

Last edited by ralfkrippner; Dec 13, 2007 at 6:51 am Reason: edit out quoted post that was deleted
Old Dec 15, 2007, 9:34 am

[quote deleted as quoted post is deleted - the moderator]

I was fine as a gold member. Heck in Australia I got a room upgrade in SYD and a better view room in MEL Never had to call in and argure about a rate.
Oh and in KRK here, not only did the manager email me a personal email before the stay I got a gift in my room (wine, chocolates, fruits and nuts) and they checked 2x during the 1 night stay if everything was fine and no problems with late checkouts at any of the hotels. So far SPG gold is way higher in service than RA
Hi, I hear your frustrations. So far RA has been good to me @ BKK, Seoul, Shang Hai, but in Milwaukee wasn't so good (they charged me for minibar and I had to email them several times to get it off).

As SPG gold, I have had decent experience, but nothing of extra-ordinary. I had gotten a suite once in Warsaw @ the Le Royal Meridien, but that's it.

As HH Gold, I have also had decent experiences, but nothing like RA treatment. Now I am HH Diamond, but based on reviews of HH hotels that I am planning to stay in 2008, the perks will not be anywhere near RA perks.

So, my conclusion is that RA is one of the better of the three programs that I am enrolled in, IF I am staying @ IC hotels. I am going to status match into SPG plat by using my HH Diamond so that I will have a back-up elite status for areas where SPG is stronger or there is no IC hotel around.

I am sorry to hear that your experience with RA hasn't been good, but I hope you receive better service in the future. If you ever come to BKK and stay at IC, please pm me. I will make sure you get a very good treatment.

Old Dec 15, 2007, 1:36 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
I booked once a 241 for the IC Berchtesgaden and 2 days before the stay my reservation was cancelled. Asked the hotel and they told me, I had made a cancellation. Asked the RA service center and they told me, that the hotel as made the cancellation.

I donīt know what happens and nobody knows, why they cancelled my reservation. I donīt have a stay there and was also not charged.
Old Dec 16, 2007, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Well, after my stay I had in IC London yesterday, I would have to say basically..
The IC hotels when they see you as a RA and might be trying to use the discounts or anything might try to get out of it. But once you get there, its a totally different treatment. The support though as a RA for reservations and problems like this is horrible.

I really did enjoy the IC London.
Checked in, got a welcome drink. Got a upgrade from Classic to a 1 bed suite. (took some photos of it too. Will post later) Mini bar was stocked. Got a welcome tray of bottle of water, fruit (3 apples) some butter cookies and a comp passes to the royal academy of arts.
At checkout they did have the mini bar charges but as soon as I mentioned that I was RA, they took it off and the service charge for the breakfast so ended up paying nothing over my prepaid rate I made 3 months ago. I was happy with the quality of the room and what was offered and how I was treated when I got there, but when talking with the staff before over the phone was just bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.