Wiki Posts
Search

50% off Any hotel, Anywhere cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2008, 7:56 am
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Originally Posted by mti
I've skim read this thread and not seen the answer, so here goes. Has this promo ever been run in the past?

Anyone here that's used the PC program for a long enough time to shed some light on both of them?
These cards are relatively new, within the past 2 years for sure. And I can say 95% certain that this is the first time they've run this promo. Can't say whether or not they will run again. Hard to say as I think they were trying to draw attention to these cards. But then again PC doesn't seemingly do anything "normal" so who knows.

As for the quad points: I can't comment on if that has happened before but same logic applies, IMHO
Old Mar 24, 2008, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Triple points / quad points - I would expect promos like this to return when occupancy rates start to drop as the recession kicks in

50% off cards - this promo has not been run before. Some of us thought that PC may have promised Amex a certain level of business through these cards that was not reached and the promo was an attempt to hit an internal target.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 9:34 am
mti

Is it wrong to wish for a harsh recession to gain more PC points...?

Kidding, of course!

Many thanks both of you for responding - I'll hold off using my points for as long as I can in the hopes of another Amex promo at the end of this year.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 6:20 am

Programs: PC Platinum Ambassador
CArds and AP Rates

Just a quick question as to whether anybody has been able to use the Any Hotel cards to pay for a stay usingan Advance Purchase rate, i.e. could I ask the hotel to secure against my credit card but request to settle the bill on departure using my Any Hotel cards (Still have stacks left from last years half price !)

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers

Mark
Old Jun 22, 2008, 10:02 am

Programs: UA Nobody, HH Silver, PC Platinum
Mark,
I've done it several times, without problem. Have fun!
Kate
Old Jun 22, 2008, 10:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Originally Posted by kykate
Mark,
I've done it several times, without problem. Have fun!
Kate
So kykate,

What did you actually do? Contact the hotel then make the booking? Please can you let us all into your little secret as I might be able to save a few more $$$ for my summer holidays.

regards
Old Jun 22, 2008, 1:00 pm

Programs: DL GM and so on
wrong thread, sorry
Old Jun 22, 2008, 2:27 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Radioman
So kykate,

What did you actually do? Contact the hotel then make the booking? Please can you let us all into your little secret as I might be able to save a few more $$$ for my summer holidays.

regards
I've done this twice with 250 point cards. Just put in the card number as if it was a normal Amex charge card. It went thru fine and the amount was deducted from the debit card.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 2:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Originally Posted by srodr
I've done this twice with 250 point cards. Just put in the card number as if it was a normal Amex charge card. It went thru fine and the amount was deducted from the debit card.
Hi srodr

Thanks for that information. Much appreciated. ^
Old Jun 23, 2008, 8:06 am

Programs: PC Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by srodr
Great tip, thank you !

And thanks to Kate as well.

Cheers

Mark
Old Oct 26, 2008, 9:03 pm

Any word on if this is going to happen again this year? What time did it start last year?
Old Oct 27, 2008, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Mid November

Gut feeling is that it will not happen again this year, given they have just hiked the price of the cards by 30% ...
Old Oct 27, 2008, 9:26 am

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by Raffles
Mid November

Gut feeling is that it will not happen again this year, given they have just hiked the price of the cards by 30% ...
Bad news. I hadn't seen that yet. Perhaps this is just a pre-sale markup?

I will have to find another use for all of my banked points since I will not use 75k for a $250 GC.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There was some speculation that ICHG had a bunch of expiring credit with American Express for these cards and provided a discount to get the inventory off the books before it expired.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 2:24 pm

For some reason, the old price is back for these cards. The 59,000 points for $250 rate. I may jump on it, I don't want to risk it going back up again. I would love to see the 50% rate come back though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.