Wiki Posts
Search

50% off Any hotel, Anywhere cards

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2007, 9:27 am
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Originally Posted by AJLondon
My AnyHotel Anywhere cards (4 cards of £200 each) arrived today as well. ^ Each in a separate envelope, but postmarked the same day. 3 of them were ordered on 14th Nov, and 1 on 15th Nov.
So that's about 2.5 weeks...not too bad. Anyone else have other experiences?
Old Dec 4, 2007, 9:56 am

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by AJLondon
They all have a valid from 11/07, valid till 11/08.
There is a signature tab at the back, but until that is signed, I would assume these are transferable.
Same exp dates here. But mine have "non-transferable" printed on the front.

Last edited by PantyWaster; Dec 4, 2007 at 12:07 pm
Old Dec 4, 2007, 10:13 am

I have a question. If you use one of these cards at an HIE, what will it say on the bill as form of payment. AMEX or AMEX gift card? Or something completely different. Thanks
Old Dec 4, 2007, 10:47 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by PantyWaster
Same exp dates here. But mine have "non-transferable" printed on the front.
You are absolutely right! I completely missed that small black print saying "non-transferable" at first glance.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 11:13 am
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Thumbs up Thanks to all here

I just wanted to say thanks again to this community and specifically to those who have helped so much on this thread. I picked up tons of great info a few pages back in this thread and as always my questions were answered quickly. ^

I just now cashed in 5 $250 Cards which will be of great help on my honeymoon to cover meals, activities, etc even though almost all of our nights are already on points. I know it's not the best use of points but when you're averaging 400k points / year and it helps lessen the cost burden of a sure to be expensive (14 nights in French Poylnesia) honeymoon it's worth it.

One final thought - I was able to cancel a reward night for 40k that I had and pick up a paid night for $225 - or 30k using a $250 card! ^ Even better, this reservation already shows my RA upgrades as opposed to my reward rez which the hotel didn't want to touch.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 3:44 pm

Should be Transferrable

Just returned from vacation. I can confirm that anyone signing the back can use these cards. They appear to be just AMEX branded gift cards with the limitation being for use with lodging providers. Used two cards at a Hilton without incident (the front desk seemed familiar with the card).
Old Dec 10, 2007, 7:48 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
I'm about to pull the trigger on about $750 worth of these cards, but wanted to clarify one point -

As I understand it, this card is a LODGING card, not a ICHG-branded card, correct? I.e, I can use this card to settle a bill at, say, a Hilton or a Hyatt? I can use it at non-ICHG establishments, as long as those establishments are lodging providers???

I'm not quite sure why ICHG would provide me a card that I can use at a competitor, but if it's a Lodging card, I guess they can't control what Lodging establishment I use it at...

Bostonbali
Old Dec 10, 2007, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by bostonbali
I'm about to pull the trigger on about $750 worth of these cards, but wanted to clarify one point -

As I understand it, this card is a LODGING card, not a ICHG-branded card, correct? I.e, I can use this card to settle a bill at, say, a Hilton or a Hyatt? I can use it at non-ICHG establishments, as long as those establishments are lodging providers???

Yep. I've used them at MR and Westins with no issues at all.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 11:50 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by bostonbali

I'm not quite sure why ICHG would provide me a card that I can use at a competitor, but if it's a Lodging card, I guess they can't control what Lodging establishment I use it at...

Bostonbali
Yup. I used it at a Sheraton without any issue this past weekend.

Infact, the efficient SPG have already posted my points and Platinum amenity etc already from that stay as well! ^
Old Dec 10, 2007, 12:11 pm

Programs: WN A-List, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Great Deal

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread and thereby informed me of this great deal. I had received the info via e-mail from priority club, but I didn't see the full value of the deal until I read this thread. Unfortunately, I only had enough points banked to buy 2 $250 cards today, but I'll take 'em.

If anyone from IC corporate is watching flyertalk, your promotions are working. If you had an earning deal anywhere close to the current 3x/4x points deal as well as this current redemption level of 29,500 points for a $250 prepaid lodging card, I would go out of my way to make sure every stay I had was at an IC family hotel.

-cwillyg2
Old Dec 10, 2007, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by cwillyg2
If anyone from IC corporate is watching flyertalk, your promotions are working. If you had an earning deal anywhere close to the current 3x/4x points deal as well as this current redemption level of 29,500 points for a $250 prepaid lodging card, I would go out of my way to make sure every stay I had was at an IC family hotel.
An they would be loosing money on your every stay.....
Old Dec 10, 2007, 1:45 pm

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
I just orders (4) $250 cards for 118,000 points, leaving me with 20K points in my account.

I just couldn't pass up the chance to get a firm $1,000 in value from these points, even though I could have done slightly better using them for hotel stays at some time in the future.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 4:26 pm
aku

Programs: UA 1MM, Marr/SPG LT Plat, HH Gold, IC Amb, Hyatt Gold, Hertz 5*, BW LT Diam
Do I need to have an AmEx account?

I know this is not an AmEx card, but it order to use it, do I have to have an AmEx account? Do I need to apply for one?

By my figuring, if I use the card at IHG, I'm spending a net of 92 PC points per dollar, or 1.1 cents per PC point, worst case.

And to think, I used to value PC points at 0.5 cents....

Last edited by aku; Dec 11, 2007 at 1:57 pm
Old Dec 10, 2007, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA Nobody, HH Silver, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by MKEbound
I just orders (4) $250 cards for 118,000 points, leaving me with 20K points in my account.

I just couldn't pass up the chance to get a firm $1,000 in value from these points, even though I could have done slightly better using them for hotel stays at some time in the future.
And, don't forget that you will be EARNING points if you use the cards for ICH stays!
Kate
Old Dec 10, 2007, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just got my cards in the mail today, awesome!^ Took about three weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.