Wiki Posts
Search

Q4 Triple/Quadruple Points Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2007, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC; PC Platinum
Q4 Triple/Quadruple Points Promotion

This looks like a great way of generating some serious points from 17th September onwards...

So I have read the T&C's and notice the 3x/4x points start on your second stay...

I am on my annual trip to the Fairs in HK and China from second week of October until end of October.. the first portion of my trip involves 7 nights in HK... which will count as my first stay ... so no 3x/4x points. However I am guessing that if after the 17th September I stay 1 night in a cheap HIE, it will count as my first stay, and every stay after that (HK and China in October) will be at the 3x/4x promotion..

Have I got his right??

I have already requalified for Plat next year ... but the massive amount of extra points will pay for a nice wedding anniversary stay in IC Le Grande in Novemeber
cheers
Old Aug 13, 2007, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Yes - you definitely need a one-night cheap mattress run between 17 Sept and your China trip!
Old Aug 13, 2007, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC; PC Platinum
Thanks m8 ... good to get a second opinion... cheers

Last year I gained nearly 60K just in October ... so at 3 or 4 times the points (and I am staying longer this year)... I will have a very nice anniversary in Paris for free
Old Aug 14, 2007, 4:13 am

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Originally Posted by trevwmuk
This looks like a great way of generating some serious points from 17th September onwards...

So I have read the T&C's and notice the 3x/4x points start on your second stay...

I am on my annual trip to the Fairs in HK and China from second week of October until end of October.. the first portion of my trip involves 7 nights in HK... which will count as my first stay ... so no 3x/4x points. However I am guessing that if after the 17th September I stay 1 night in a cheap HIE, it will count as my first stay, and every stay after that (HK and China in October) will be at the 3x/4x promotion..

Have I got his right??

I have already requalified for Plat next year ... but the massive amount of extra points will pay for a nice wedding anniversary stay in IC Le Grande in Novemeber
cheers
Yup, the pre-emptive mattress run would be a good idea. Or, if this is not possible, check into one hotel in HK/China for the first night (say, the Grand Stamford) and then second night move to another hotel.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 4:54 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by vsevolod4
Yup, the pre-emptive mattress run would be a good idea. Or, if this is not possible, check into one hotel in HK/China for the first night (say, the Grand Stamford) and then second night move to another hotel.
Alternating nights at the IC HK and IC Grand Stamford - while possibly inconvenient, would be a good way of maximising points from the 7 night stay in HK. How far apart are these hotels as a matter of interest?

I have read elsewhere that treatment of A and RA is consistently better at the IC HK. Is this also your experience?

Last edited by Club_IC; Aug 14, 2007 at 5:04 am
Old Aug 14, 2007, 5:11 am

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by Club_IC
Alternating nights at the IC HK and IC Grand Stamford - while possibly inconvenient, would be a good way of maximising points from the 7 night stay in HK. How far apart are these hotels as a matter of interest?

I have read elsewhere that treatment of A and RA is consistently better at the IC HK. Is this also your experience?
IIRC, the hotels are about 5 to 6 city blocks apart. Both overlook Victoria Harbour, with IC Hong Kong being on the harbour and the Grand Stanford is located on Mody Road.

I personally have only stayed at the IC Hong Kong and cannot compare experiences.

mxm135
Old Aug 14, 2007, 10:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by MXM135
IIRC, the hotels are about 5 to 6 city blocks apart. Both overlook Victoria Harbour, with IC Hong Kong being on the harbour and the Grand Stanford is located on Mody Road.

I personally have only stayed at the IC Hong Kong and cannot compare experiences.

mxm135
I've stayed at the Grand Stanford but not the IC Hong Kong and can say the GS is also a great hotel
Old Aug 14, 2007, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
I wonder if you stay at the IC LA which is offering triple points for stays, will you get triple points again.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Camino1
I wonder if you stay at the IC LA which is offering triple points for stays, will you get triple points again.
These local bonuses are provided by the property, so in theory you should get both bonuses, since most other bonus points promos have been concurrent. So this would be a nice haul:

Base 2000
Plat 1000
RA 1000
Triple 4000
Quad 6000
Total 14000
Old Aug 14, 2007, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA, UA, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
where can i find details on this promo??
Old Aug 14, 2007, 7:10 pm

Programs: Hilton GLD , IC RA, Marriott PLT, Avis FIRST
Originally Posted by ashcroftj1
where can i find details on this promo??

Look in the Master Promo Sticky. I remember seeing a link there.
Old Aug 15, 2007, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
www.priorityclub.com/triple
Old Aug 15, 2007, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Originally Posted by Club_IC

You can easily walk between the two; they're about 4 city blocks apart.

And I think treatment of RAs at IC HK is far, far superior to the treatment at the IC Stamford.
Old Aug 15, 2007, 1:57 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by Shareholder
These local bonuses are provided by the property, so in theory you should get both bonuses, since most other bonus points promos have been concurrent. So this would be a nice haul:

Base 2000
Plat 1000
RA 1000
Triple 4000
Quad 6000
Total 14000
Don't forget to pay with a Visa card so you get an extra 2000 points!

Total = 16000
Old Aug 16, 2007, 8:59 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Rats... I'm starting a four night stay worth around $600 on September 17th -- and there is only one property in town ;-(

HTB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.