FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Q4 Triple/Quadruple Points Promotion
View Single Post
Old Aug 14, 2007, 4:13 am
vsevolod4

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Originally Posted by trevwmuk
This looks like a great way of generating some serious points from 17th September onwards...

So I have read the T&C's and notice the 3x/4x points start on your second stay...

I am on my annual trip to the Fairs in HK and China from second week of October until end of October.. the first portion of my trip involves 7 nights in HK... which will count as my first stay ... so no 3x/4x points. However I am guessing that if after the 17th September I stay 1 night in a cheap HIE, it will count as my first stay, and every stay after that (HK and China in October) will be at the 3x/4x promotion..

Have I got his right??

I have already requalified for Plat next year ... but the massive amount of extra points will pay for a nice wedding anniversary stay in IC Le Grande in Novemeber
cheers
Yup, the pre-emptive mattress run would be a good idea. Or, if this is not possible, check into one hotel in HK/China for the first night (say, the Grand Stamford) and then second night move to another hotel.