Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q4 Triple/Quadruple Points Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2007, 5:37 pm

Programs: Hilton GLD , IC RA, Marriott PLT, Avis FIRST
Originally Posted by bello
it is annoying that IC's only allow 2-4k (base points) no matter how many nights/rooms per stay

Bello-
To the point of a few others, it would be wise to do a search. If you work at it a little you can earn more than your standard 2000-4000 points.
Old Aug 31, 2007, 8:10 am

Hi,
Just went through reading this thread and I don't think I saw (might have missed it!) anyone mention you could get QUAD points on your FIRST stay if it is at a Candlewood or Staybridge property.

Was this not mentioned because you guys look down on these two types of properties? I have never stayed there, but to maximize my points, might as well start the promo with one of the two.

From the Promo webpage:

See where you can go when you earn triple points or triple miles on every qualifying stay, starting with your 2nd stay. At Candlewood Suites and Staybridge Suites, youll earn triple points or miles with your 1st qualifying stay. Your earnings get even better if you book online - earn 4x the points*! With over 3,700 hotels worldwide, where will you go?

Regards,
Angeleno228
Old Aug 31, 2007, 8:30 am

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
well since im an insomniac i will answer...the staybridge suites are not an 'inferior property' in my mind...they are not however a 5 star hotel. if i have the choice i will stay at staybridge when im travelling for some of the amenties..most have free laundry facilities..full size kitchen..tv/vcr/dvd player,,some weeknights you get some sort of light dinner and there is breakfast every day..however..and perhaps ft'ers who have been in the program longer can tell you why. you only get 1/2 points for your stay..in other words for 2 nites say $300 stay your points are based on $150..not $300. i suspect this is why they are kicking off the promo with first nites stay at staybridge instead of 2nd. i hope this makes sense!!
Old Aug 31, 2007, 8:31 am

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
oops i just realized it includes candlewood suites.. i cant answer that one but im sure others will!! sorry
Old Aug 31, 2007, 8:56 am

Thanks for your reply, retirementdreams. I think forgot about the 5 points per dollar spent at Candlewood and Staybridge! So a $120/ night stay would earn 2400 points (600 x 4) on the First Qualifying Stay plus any Platinum bonues (I assume), versus 1200 points at HI or CP (plus bonuses). Still not too shabby.

Regards,
Angeleno228

Last edited by Angeleno228; Aug 31, 2007 at 9:07 am
Old Aug 31, 2007, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by retirementdreams
well since im an insomniac i will answer...the staybridge suites are not an 'inferior property' in my mind...they are not however a 5 star hotel. if i have the choice i will stay at staybridge when im travelling for some of the amenties..most have free laundry facilities..full size kitchen..tv/vcr/dvd player,,some weeknights you get some sort of light dinner and there is breakfast every day..however..and perhaps ft'ers who have been in the program longer can tell you why. you only get 1/2 points for your stay..in other words for 2 nites say $300 stay your points are based on $150..not $300. i suspect this is why they are kicking off the promo with first nites stay at staybridge instead of 2nd. i hope this makes sense!!
I would prefer Staybridge or Candlewood to most Holiday Inns in the USA, and maybe CP's too.
Old Aug 31, 2007, 8:15 pm

Programs: ICH plat RA,HH Dia
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Only a newbie would raise this red herring once more. Like gravity, it is a reality of the PC world so no point lamenting and/or wasting any more web space over the matter.
shareholder - I usually don't miss your wisdom filled posts - I must be slipping - missed this one
Old Aug 31, 2007, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by Angeleno228
Hi,
Just went through reading this thread and I don't think I saw (might have missed it!) anyone mention you could get QUAD points on your FIRST stay if it is at a Candlewood or Staybridge property.

Was this not mentioned because you guys look down on these two types of properties? I have never stayed there, but to maximize my points, might as well start the promo with one of the two.

From the Promo webpage:

See where you can go when you earn triple points or triple miles on every qualifying stay, starting with your 2nd stay. At Candlewood Suites and Staybridge Suites, youll earn triple points or miles with your 1st qualifying stay. Your earnings get even better if you book online - earn 4x the points*! With over 3,700 hotels worldwide, where will you go?

Regards,
Angeleno228
forgive me for what may seem like a "newbie" ques:
(I also avoid Staybridge and Candlewood suites being a point "junkie")

Given that the promo kicks in on the first stay at these brands (Staybridge and Candlewood), I assume that this first stay at one of these properties also doubles as the first stay "qualifier" to kick in the promo for all other properties?
Old Aug 31, 2007, 9:12 pm

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
I think it was mentioned someplace on page 2. But, if one has the option of 4 one night stays, would you suggest 4 nights in Hyatts for FFN, or the Tripromo for HI? All stays will be on Saturday nights in Chicago, going out of O'Hare on Sunday morning around 7am. Thoughts?
Old Aug 31, 2007, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by SomeGuy
I think it was mentioned someplace on page 2. But, if one has the option of 4 one night stays, would you suggest 4 nights in Hyatts for FFN, or the Tripromo for HI? All stays will be on Saturday nights in Chicago, going out of O'Hare on Sunday morning around 7am. Thoughts?
As long as you can use the FFN's before they expire the Hyatt is the way to go.
Old Sep 1, 2007, 12:36 am

Programs: TG Gold, BA Gold
I too would be interested to know about this:

"Given that the promo kicks in on the first stay at these brands (Staybridge and Candlewood), I assume that this first stay at one of these properties also doubles as the first stay "qualifier" to kick in the promo for all other properties?"
Old Sep 1, 2007, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by SomeGuy
Agree with holtju2 above. If you have a use for the free FFN nights at Hyatt, it's a no-brainer to make your stays at Hyatt. Especially since the stays are already only 1-night stays and you aren't gonna have to go out of your way to hotel hop around at Hyatts.

Plus, if you use the promo codes "NEW" and "G2" at the Hyatt ORD, you can get an extra 7k Hyatt pts per night (which is equivalent to roughly 14k PC pts). Tack on the extra half a night your earned for the FFN (which we will call the equivalent of 12k more PC pts...........and arguably more if you redeem the FFNs at the proper locations) and you are getting the equivalent of 26k BONUS PC pts per night by staying at the Hyatt ORD instead at a PC property. Sorry, but there's no way in hell you'll get that kind of return at the PC property......................................unle ss your rate is $650 per night at the Holiday Inn of course.........................
Old Sep 1, 2007, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by molasis
I too would be interested to know about this:

"Given that the promo kicks in on the first stay at these brands (Staybridge and Candlewood), I assume that this first stay at one of these properties also doubles as the first stay "qualifier" to kick in the promo for all other properties?"

**does anyone know the answer to this "for sure"??
Old Sep 1, 2007, 8:54 am

I called priority club...they say a stay at candlewood or staybridge does qualify you for the bonus points at other properties.
Old Sep 1, 2007, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by bello
forgive me for what may seem like a "newbie" ques:
(I also avoid Staybridge and Candlewood suites being a point "junkie")

Given that the promo kicks in on the first stay at these brands (Staybridge and Candlewood), I assume that this first stay at one of these properties also doubles as the first stay "qualifier" to kick in the promo for all other properties?
Originally Posted by retirementdreams
I called priority club...they say a stay at candlewood or staybridge does qualify you for the bonus points at other properties.
thanks- should have done that

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.