Community
Wiki Posts
Search

List of IHG Rate Codes

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2010, 7:56 am

Programs: IC Amb, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, EY E+, UA*G, BA Gold
Are there any particularly useful rate codes out there at the moment? Since the demise of Promotional Leisure all quotes from IHG in the London area are extortionate -- and still pretty expensive with F&F.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by Errata
Are there any particularly useful rate codes out there at the moment? Since the demise of Promotional Leisure all quotes from IHG in the London area are extortionate -- and still pretty expensive with F&F.
Try codes (for Europe):

IDEX1 2 for 1
IDEX2 3 for 2

Direct links can be found on page 1 of this thread.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 8:22 am

Programs: ihg plat, hh gold, hertz 5*
if you are staying 2 nights, then the 2 for 1 rate may work.
The only other one I know of is ikex3, but this is usually more expensive than f&f.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by Errata
and Promotional Leisure included VAT, other rates don't...

I have tried to find something for 1 night at HI Heathrow, but no luck so far
Old Nov 7, 2010, 7:56 pm

has anyone gotten pc credit for this rate? I inquired maybe two weeks ago whether they would be true to their word and credit me the points but haven't heard back so far.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 4:04 pm

alright - got a reply now:

Please be advised that under the Priority Club Rewards' Terms and Conditions (Section 12: Limits on Points for Stays) it states that: "Points are not issued for stays at the following reduced room rates (“Non-Qualifying Room Rates”; “Non-Qualifying Stay”): net wholesale individual and group rate, package rate, employee discount rate, crew rate, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, Priority Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, most rates booked through most third party web sites, complimentary hotel stays or any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate."
which totally contradicts ihgagent.com:

Experience IHG Personally

Take full advantage of privileged discount rates. Designed with you in mind, these benefits apply to your personal travel only - not for clients:

- Receive Priority Club Reward (PCR) points for your stay.
I wouldn't mind not receiving PCR if they wouldn't have promoted it - but this way I feel deceived.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 6:55 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Has anyone heard of the Oxi Balancing rate ?
Old Nov 16, 2010, 12:41 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Flying Blue Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Nvoi: If it is the travel agent rate you are asking about I can only day that I always have gotten points/stay credits/qualifying nights when I have used it.

Xxx.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 2:10 am

Can anyone point me at the corp discount number for the UK Government, please? I have it saved in my profile, but I'm damned if I can find the number I used, and a colleague who also pays for the Government wants to take advantage.

Many thanks.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Trying to use some corp rates for a HI. When I load them into the HI.com website it loads up the rate properly. But when I click on "select hotel" to see the options of the rates, no corporate rate is shown (usually on the top).

I know I'm searching during a special festival in the city of this hotel (so thus no reward nights are available) but can they block corporate bookings too?
Old Nov 24, 2010, 8:29 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Trying to use some corp rates for a HI. When I load them into the HI.com website it loads up the rate properly. But when I click on "select hotel" to see the options of the rates, no corporate rate is shown (usually on the top).

I know I'm searching during a special festival in the city of this hotel (so thus no reward nights are available) but can they block corporate bookings too?
Under "special circumstances", I'm afraid, yes. (Afaik found in the T&Cs of the "Corporate Gold" programme, which appear not to be online)
Old Nov 24, 2010, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
Under "special circumstances", I'm afraid, yes. (Afaik found in the T&Cs of the "Corporate Gold" programme, which appear not to be online)
Bummer, seems to be on par with the "no blackout dates" except clause. But seems like all hotels do this too...
Old Nov 25, 2010, 1:59 pm

Programs: PC
Originally Posted by mnredfox
We actually have the ability to block bookings from everywhere if we need to. Of course we need to have a darn good reason to block everyone out since the idea of a hotel is to sell rooms. There are a couple of times a year that I block everything and if you want a room you have to call the hotel directly. So i'd say, if there's no rooms available through your usual channels, call the hotel directly.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 2:07 pm

Programs: PC
Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
Has anyone heard of the Oxi Balancing rate ?
Nope and a quick look through the system brought up nothing. It doesn't really make sense in the context either. Oxi is used to balance inventory between the PMS and Holidex.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 5:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
Welcome HIX-Fawlty!

Great to have the wisdom & input of a HIX Manager on board!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.