Search

List of IHG Rate Codes

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2009, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by rmccamman
There are definitely some new rate codes for Friends & Family discounts
is the F&F being extended past 12/31?
Old Oct 8, 2009, 1:18 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Flying Blue Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer
is the F&F being extended past 12/31?
I booked it yesterday. :-D

Another question... The travel agency rate. Has anybody booked it? Will it be ok with my a business-card with my name and the travel agency's logo, or do I have my boss to write a letter (I am working at a very small travel-agency and we don't have any IATA membership). Somebody said you don't get points, but do you get the Ambassador benefits?

xxx.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 11:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards | Priority Club
Do anyone know if you get qualifying night or points when using the travelers agent's code?
Old Oct 27, 2009, 6:46 am

for those guys wanting to book travel agency rate - i suggest not to do so unless you do have valid credentials with you.

the terms are specific upon booking and you might happen to have to pay BAR or rack which nearly happened to me once - i was lucky enough to get a retro-active refund when providing them with my credentials.

obviously, you also do not get points credited for your stay (except for any extras you might consume), however benefits of your tier apply (similar to award stays).
Old Oct 28, 2009, 1:15 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Flying Blue Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Nvoi, sorry to ask, but I didn't understand you... Did you book the travel-agency code without being a travel-agent and was then asked for ID? Luckily I do have that ID, so no problem for me. I have booked IC Park Lane in London, in March, at that code, so will report back after my stay.

xxx.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 11:54 pm

Corporate Rates

if I'm on a corporate company booking and the booking is under my name, will I be able to call the reservations number and obtain a reference to view the entire stay on my online profile? Will I get points for the stay?

Also, holding Platinum status and staying at the Crowne Plaza...will they honour my status and provide me an upgrade even though its a company/corporate booking?
Old Nov 10, 2009, 1:11 am

Programs: JAL JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum
I mostly book my stays through the corporate rate. I get all the normal benefits. As long as the booking is under your name and they've got your PC number you'll be fine.

Having said that, I do feel like the non-IC places will treat you like a 2nd class citizen cause of the corporate rate.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 1:33 am

Programs: IC RA, KrisFlyer, Evergreen
@SQ327: If the reservation is made under your name and PC number, it will show up on your profile regardless of the rate you book at. You'll get all points, stays and upgrades.

Now, sorry for the slight OT. I recently enquired for a corporate rate for the IC that I would like to regularly stay at (40-60 nights per year), but was offered a pretty pitiful discount. Just so I know how to negotiate with them, how much discount were you guys given? If it's not convenient to post here then you can PM me. Thanks.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 2:12 am

Programs: JAL JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum
You might want to have a look at this thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ate-codes.html
Old Nov 10, 2009, 1:48 pm

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SQ327
if I'm on a corporate company booking and the booking is under my name, will I be able to call the reservations number and obtain a reference to view the entire stay on my online profile? Will I get points for the stay?

Also, holding Platinum status and staying at the Crowne Plaza...will they honour my status and provide me an upgrade even though its a company/corporate booking?
Yes. I've had bookings made through my corporate TA site HRGworldwide (which doesn't allow you to enter a PC number), then called Ambassador Services to pull up the Priority Club confirmation number and add my PC number so that it shows up on priorityclub.com. I've always gotten status recognition and points on these bookings.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 6:21 pm

yea...for me, its the company that books the stay under their rate. The opportunity to insert my PC number at the time of booking isn't there. so would only be able to call their reservations line, retrieve the booking to then insert my PC number. but the booking is surely under my name.

i was under the impression that as a corporate rate, there won't be recognition of status for upgrades, or even earning points e.g. the 50% additional for being platinum, etc.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i was under the impression that as a corporate rate, there won't be recognition of status for upgrades, or even earning points e.g. the 50% additional for being platinum, etc.
Corporate rates are generally qualifying rates (booked through IHG/a GDS (travel agent system). If it's a locally negotiated rate (one clue: not booked through IHG, but directly through the hotel), then it is qualifying in Asia Pacific and qualifying in North, South and Central America and the Caribbean if discounted less than 30%.
http://www.priorityclub.com/terms
Old Nov 10, 2009, 7:52 pm

Programs: IC RA, KrisFlyer, Evergreen
yea...for me, its the company that books the stay under their rate. The opportunity to insert my PC number at the time of booking isn't there. so would only be able to call their reservations line, retrieve the booking to then insert my PC number. but the booking is surely under my name.
You can do it 2 ways:

1. Ask whoever's making the reservation for you to put your PC number into the booking as well.

2. Make sure the front desk puts your PC number into the booking at time of check-in.

Usually when I check-in I'll ask the front desk if they have my PC number just in case. It's a bit of a hassle but much easier than trying to have the points retroactively credited to your account.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 10:42 pm

thanks all.

I'm secured for earning the points then as the stay will be at the Crowne Plaza KUL (Asia Pacific)
Old Nov 12, 2009, 12:41 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
thanks all.

I'm secured for earning the points then as the stay will be at the Crowne Plaza KUL (Asia Pacific)
If the corp rate is discounted less then 30% from the Best Flexible rate.

But even then, at the same property CP KUL I'm using a pretty low corp rate that is usually 40-50% off the best flexible rate and still get my stay credit and points and all. I do book directly through the ICHG website though and just enter our corp code to get the discount.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.