Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv Beach (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2004, 3:41 am
Original Poster

Location: KLM GD, DL PM, AA LT Plt, Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Interconti Amb/PC Spire, etc.
Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv Beach (Master Thread)

Just completed a great stay at the TLV CP, my 3rd stay there in as many months. It's a 5* on the promenade, 1 minute from the beach and a few short minutes from the yacht club. There were a few families too many in the lobby at times, but the executive lounge (which also serves light dinners - not merely breakfasts), the fully renovated suites and the price more than made up for it.

If you're looking for a good hotel on the water - this one is a great choice ! We have a deeply discounted corporate rate for the suites and get a good break on Club rooms as well, glad to extend those to FT's who'll be traveling to TLV.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 8:49 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
I love staying there! Great view of sunset as well as downtown.

I love the way the beach is shaped to control the waves.
The folk dancing on the board walk ws something out of history.

Great place!
Old Oct 11, 2004, 10:01 am

Programs: Too Many.....
Originally Posted by MoreMiles!
Just completed a great stay at the TLV CP, my 3rd stay there in as many months. It's a 5* on the promenade, 1 minute from the beach and a few short minutes from the yacht club. There were a few families too many in the lobby at times, but the executive lounge (which also serves light dinners - not merely breakfasts), the fully renovated suites and the price more than made up for it.

If you're looking for a good hotel on the water - this one is a great choice ! We have a deeply discounted corporate rate for the suites and get a good break on Club rooms as well, glad to extend those to FT's who'll be traveling to TLV.
I have stayed in both CP and IC David in TEL and would have to say IMHO the IC david was fantastic. I have gotten instant upgrade to suite even when using PCR points.The staff seemed to bend over backwards to please me. IMHO ^
Old Oct 11, 2004, 10:45 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
Originally Posted by SANBO93
I have stayed in both CP and IC David in TEL and would have to say IMHO the IC david was fantastic. I have gotten instant upgrade to suite even when using PCR points.The staff seemed to bend over backwards to please me. IMHO ^
I actually prefer the CP to the IC. Both are very satisfactory.

Yes the latter is more "elegant", but the location of the CP is better.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Location: KLM GD, DL PM, AA LT Plt, Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Interconti Amb/PC Spire, etc.
I prefer the CP myself, even though the IC is more biz-oriented. Location is better, have had no problem bringing guests to the lounge - and the rates are much cheaper !
Old Jan 31, 2006, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Good rates in Crowne Plaza Tel-Aviv

If any FT is planning to be in Tel-Aviv in 2006, the reservations manager @ the CP in Tel-Aviv is extending reduced rates across the board - standard & executive rooms and most types of suites. PM for details...

Standard rates (single or double) @ $130/night, executive/single @ $150/night. Greatly reduced rates offered for suites as well per the hotel's availability.

Last edited by MoreMiles!; Feb 3, 2006 at 4:40 pm Reason: Edited for additional info...
Old Sep 11, 2006, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv - Special rates for FTs

The business reservations mgr at the CP TLV just agreed to extend my corporate rate to the FT community. We use this hotel very regularly and enjoy the service there. It's a nice 5*, right on the beach and next to the all other business hotels. Very good for biz & leisure stays, although I may recommend the nearby Hilton or the Intercontinental (which is 2 miles down the promenade) if you are strictly a suit & tie person; unlike those 2 hotels, which cater strictly to the business community, you may see quite a few families at the CP.

The FT (flexible) rate will be $150 for a deluxe room or $190 for a superior room with access to the business lounge, where they serve breakfast, a light dinner and lunch snacks daily. Double occupancy - $30 extra. Internet, breakfast and spa access are included at this rate - but are extra for rooms booked on the CP site. The rate will not be increased for the upcoming Jewish holidays (!)

Those interested in booking are welcome to call the reservations agent directly. PM me for contact info, don't want to post it so as not to turn this into advertisement for the hotel
Old Sep 11, 2006, 5:37 am

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
That is great MoreMiles! ! ^

Much appreciated, and I for one will certainly be taking advantage of it (not that I will be in the country again for a good few months though).

Just to clarify though, does your deluxe room rate come with lounge/club access, or just the superior room rate ?

Any chance you can do the same in Jerusalem... and maybe get them to vastly improve every aspect of the hotel too ?!?

Thanks again !
Old Sep 11, 2006, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Pleasure

Per your question on CP TLV - only superior rooms provide guaranteed lounge access at the CP/TLV. Free internet, breakfast, spa access etc will be given to all people who book from our corp sales contact.

As for Jerusalem - we have relatively cheap corp rates there as well, which include lounge access, etc. It'll be through the corp sales lady for the CP Jerusalem, each hotel has a different sales department.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Interesting offer and thank you for setting this up. I had a very positive stay at the Tel Aviv CP last year, and without asking was upgraded to a club level room with lounge access as a Plat from a basic rate as a Plat. However, Jerusalem was another story and they refused to honour or even acknowledge Plat eligibility for upgrading to either club floor or lounge access. I would go back to the Tel Aviv property, but have reservations about Jerusalem.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 1:14 am
Original Poster

I got quite a few requests for the coordinates of the CP TLV salesperson, so for everyone's convenience - his name is Pini, direct number +972-50-765-3017. Tell him you're calling for the Carmon/JBCI rate to avoid getting rack rate. After a bit of schmoozing he also agreed to coordinate multi-room and extended stay bookings in CP Jerusalem, where rates are typically cheaper than TLV. For short stays, PM me for the coordinates of the lady who heads corp sales in CP Jerusalem.

Have a great time in TLV !
Old Jan 10, 2007, 12:37 pm

Programs: AC SE (+1MM)
Talking Pini was very helpful

I got quite a few requests for the coordinates of the CP TLV salesperson, so for everyone's convenience - his name is Pini, direct number +972-50-765-3017. Tell him you're calling for the Carmon/JBCI rate to avoid getting rack rate. After a bit of schmoozing he also agreed to coordinate multi-room and extended stay bookings in CP Jerusalem, where rates are typically cheaper than TLV. For short stays, PM me for the coordinates of the lady who heads corp sales in CP Jerusalem.

Have a great time in TLV !
I would like to thank the OP (MoreMiles) for the tip. I called Pini yesterday and he gave us the special rate for 2 Delux Rooms at the Tel Aviv CP (Jan 21-26). He quoted $160 for the Delux room which is $10 more than last fall but still a good deal.

Last edited by Jim007; Jan 10, 2007 at 12:38 pm Reason: Added details (Tel Aviv and Dates)
Old Apr 10, 2007, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Since I just got 2 more queries - the price has indeed been changed to $160 for the standard room, or back to $150 if a block of a few rooms is booked by the same individual. Having just stayed there myself, they renovated some more rooms on the higher floors - and those are VERY nice.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 5:20 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
The business reservations mgr at the CP TLV just agreed to extend my corporate rate to the FT community. We use this hotel very regularly and enjoy the service there. It's a nice 5*, right on the beach and next to the all other business hotels. Very good for biz & leisure stays, although I may recommend the nearby Hilton or the Intercontinental (which is 2 miles down the promenade) if you are strictly a suit & tie person; unlike those 2 hotels, which cater strictly to the business community, you may see quite a few families at the CP.

The FT (flexible) rate will be $150 for a deluxe room or $190 for a superior room with access to the business lounge, where they serve breakfast, a light dinner and lunch snacks daily. Double occupancy - $30 extra. Internet, breakfast and spa access are included at this rate - but are extra for rooms booked on the CP site. The rate will not be increased for the upcoming Jewish holidays (!)

Those interested in booking are welcome to call the reservations agent directly. PM me for contact info, don't want to post it so as not to turn this into advertisement for the hotel

Thanks very much for organising this. Do you have any idea what a Platinum member could expect in terms of an upgrade/other benefits at this hotel? I am trying to work out whether going for the superior room would be better, or whether the maximum upgrade a platinum member could expect would be to a superior room anyway. Thanks
Old Apr 10, 2007, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Club_IC
Thanks very much for organising this. Do you have any idea what a Platinum member could expect in terms of an upgrade/other benefits at this hotel? I am trying to work out whether going for the superior room would be better, or whether the maximum upgrade a platinum member could expect would be to a superior room anyway. Thanks
From my experience, this is one of the CPs in Israel that does upgrade Plats to its club level. Even from a basic low-rate room. That is not the case with the CP in Jerusalem. Of course, upgrades are contingent upon what's available at check-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.