Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv Beach (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2007, 3:37 am

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
CP Tel Aviv

Arriving at TLV in the morning as early as 3 AM. What are the chances to check in by that time? Should I purchase an extra night in order to be accomodated? This is a point break stay so what are my chances to be upgraded to club floor as i just booked a standard room for Platinum members. Your input is much appreciated.
Old May 5, 2007, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
No hotel I am aware of will consider a middle of the night check-in to be an early check-in for later that day, regardless of status. Remember, technically your are booking "nights" at hotels, not "days". And 3am is still part of the "night". Reservations always indicate check-in/check-out dates for this very reason.

Bite the bullet and book the day before, with a credit card guarantee and note on the res that you expect to check in at Xam the XXth, to clarify what could otherwise be a confusing matter based on no-show and next-day's date. (So if you're booked for the night of the 10th, note that you will be arriving at 3am on the 11th.)

I've often arrived into SIN around 1am and hit the hotel by 2am, and in such international cities hotels are quite accustomed to middle of the night arrivals/check-ins. But always require that you book a room based on the previous date, not the date on which you arrive in the wee hours.
Old May 5, 2007, 10:26 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
In people's experience, what is the earliest time a RA can check in (if before 8am) and not be expected to pay for the previous night, or does this vary from property to property?

Thanks for your feedback.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus 1K, DL Gold Medallion, SPG Platinum
Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv - internet access?

Does anyone know from a recent stay at the CP Tel Aviv if they have wireless throughout the hotel and/or in the guest rooms? If so, is it for a fee or free of charge? If not, does anyone know of anywhere near the hotel where there is access -- preferably free -- to a WiFi hotspot?

Thanks.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 1:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
It is free*. You call the front-desk for a wireless code which is valid for ~6 hours...then you call again etc.

It works in the room and lobby areas as well.

My stay was mid-July '07.

* or it was free within my corporate negotiated rate, not 100% sure which it is
Old Aug 21, 2007, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Location: KLM GD, DL PM, AA LT Plt, Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Interconti Amb/PC Spire, etc.
I also get free WiFi at the property, and have yet to stay in a room where I wasn't able to login - but some of the folks I met in the business lounge had to pay for their access codes.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
I was able to get a decent enough signal 3 weeks ago. I do not remember whether I paid.

I do recall that it stopped functioning for a day or so and because it was sabbath no one would fix it.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 3:25 am

If you have problems with access in the hotel, one block away on Dizengof St there are several cafes that offer free access (as long as you buy something to eat or drink).
Old Aug 22, 2007, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Location: KLM GD, DL PM, AA LT Plt, Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Interconti Amb/PC Spire, etc.
The coffee stores to look for are Arcafe, Cafe Joe and Aroma. There may be others, but those are the ones I recall.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
The operators are friendly enough people, too.
Old Aug 23, 2007, 6:33 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
I was there July 19 to 23 on the 5K a night points break offer.

They would not give me free internet, it was the usual high
tourist trap price of $20 a day.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 12:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Thanks for the update - well then it was a business-negotiated benefit for me.

It works well however! And I quite enjoyed the "Israeli breakfast" overlooking the beach. ^
Old Mar 23, 2008, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I hate to do this, but please do a search. There is already a thread discussing this property and others in Jerusalem. They may be a couple of years out of date, but then the objective here is to add to existing threads to keep them current so people don't have to start new threads every other week.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 5:48 am
Original Poster

I stayed there 3 weeks ago with a couple of colleagues. They usually don't provide access to the executive floor to Platinums (unless you pay a bit extra), but do provide larger renovated rooms with a good view and some nice perks. I helped a few FT's with our corporate rates and the hotel's reservations manager in the past, so feel free to PM me if you haven't already booked.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by jexelot
I believe IC has better benifit.
It has
upgrade to Junior suite + club access for RAs.
The club is very nice (large, great view, 2PCs, excellent food and service)
Nice outdoor pool

But I prefer the location of CP (directlly by the sea)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.