Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador/Platinum benefits w/Entertainment Rates

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2006, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: United, Southwest, HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Airtran, Starwood Plat, Marriott Gold, Loews Gold
Ambassador/Platinum benefits w/Entertainment Rates

Do you still get perks and points using the Entertainment rates or does it vary by property?
Old Mar 30, 2006, 12:21 pm

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
A few people had reported getting stay credits on entertainment rates, but I think they are in the minority. Searching for "Entertainment" might be a good idea.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
I haven't done it in a long time, but there was a strategy for this that worked for me.

After booking the discount rate, I would call the hotel "just to confirm they had my platinum number". Then my reservation would get flagged as a Plat.

This worked more consistently for amenities than for points, but it got me a better room.

Good Luck, and as with all IC properties, YMMV.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United, Southwest, HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Airtran, Starwood Plat, Marriott Gold, Loews Gold
I like that idea. I have an upcoming stay for 44.50!! All of the regular prices are around 100.00. With a rate that cheap it doesn't really matter if I get points, but it would still be nice.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 9:02 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
I use this E rate often and get points more than half the time. I'll admit though that whenever possible, I return to the hotels on the E rate that credited me points in the past and avoid the ones that didn't, so that's probably why my ratio is so high.

As for amenities, as a Platinum I've rarely gotten any, other than the extra points, so I don't even notice them.
Old Mar 31, 2006, 8:25 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
The Entertainment card rates work in Australia - recently had a stay in the HI on Flinders (Melbourne) for AUD$149.40 - yes, I got points posted as it is eligible for points accrual.

Did get given a business room but as I hadn't stayed there before, didn't realise until I got to my room. Went straight back down and asked Reception why I hadn't been upgraded to Suite, as I was aware there were Suites available for sale still on the PC website.

The Manager had been listening in on our conversation and as soon as he heard that, he slid across and introduced himself, apologised and check the availability.

Indeed, 2 minutes later I had a Suite and he was then explaining Plat benefits to the (presumably new) clerk. Not too shaby for E card rates ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.