Wiki Posts
Search

Typing this from my Solarium at the IC SFO

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2005, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt
Typing this from my Solarium at the IC SFO

Not exactly much of a trip report - but more of an information post. I am currently staying at the IC Mark Hopkins for 4 nights and had requested that I get a 2 bed room. Being a RA I was upgraded to a suite of course - and as it so happens I was given the only 2 bed (doubles) suite in the hotel.

The room is interesting - for lack of a better word. The main door opens into the bedroom - so to say and then from there you can walk through a door to the "bathroom area" - which comprises of the outer sink area, inner jacuzzi tub and separate shower - and further inner the toilet. I guess this is laid out so particularly because this is the "Accessible" Suite.

Through the bathroom you can walk out to the solarium which is a glass enclosed (3 sides only - not ceiling) room with a pretty decent view of SFO all around. Although on one side since you are on roof level you can see some of the split AC parts - it still is quite nice.

Its also quite nice to be able to just hop into the elevator and go up a couple of floors for some martinis and dancing - and then come right back to your room and open up a beer from the minibar to type this little report on FT using the free wireless provided to Ambassadors as an introductory promo!

All in all - half a day here on vacation and I like SFO and the Mark Hopkins.

PS - Concierge was VERY helpful before my arrival here and had arranged for transport (limo) from SFO airport to the hotel at prices MUCH better than other private companies that I had spoken to.

Last edited by pranu; Dec 29, 2005 at 10:49 pm Reason: Typos galore - too much drinking methinks!
Old Mar 25, 2006, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by pranu
PS - Concierge was VERY helpful before my arrival here and had arranged for transport (limo) from SFO airport to the hotel at prices MUCH better than other private companies that I had spoken to.
Do you mind sharing the rate? Thanks..
Old Mar 26, 2006, 12:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt
Hmmm... now I don't seem to remember exactly.. but I think it was $89.00 for a 6 person stretch limousine.

Check with Dan at SFOHA_Concierge @ interconti D O T com

Edited to add - this was the rate for having the driver meet us at the baggage belt. Apparently that costs more than a drive by pickup.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.