FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by allen074
any thoughts on this location?
Express By Holiday Inn LONDON CITY

seems to have good reviews and good rate

thanks
I've just looked up where this is - Old Street. The good news (or bad news, depending on view) is that Old Street is NOT in the City. Poetic licence by HIX! Old Street is on the fringes, where the City meets the arty / creative quarter of Shoreditch and Hoxton.

The good news (or bad news) is that literally on your doorstep are some serious drinking joints that will keep you going until 2-3am every night. If you're under 25 you'll love it. If you're not, you probably won't.

The hotel also overlooks a very busy road.

On the plus side, it is brand new - I only saw it for the first time when I was up in Hoxton a couple of Sundays ago.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 11:59 am

Programs: Priority Club, Royal Ambassador
You are coming a long way ... do you really want to be right out in the sticks to save a few $$, which you will probably end up spending on transport costs? , and lose a load of trime travelling to the bits you really want to see.

Oh, and thanks Jenbel for explaining what a Rachel Stevens is
Old Apr 9, 2005, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: POS, Delta Skymiles, IC Plat Amb., Hilton Gold, SPG gold
hi - the hi bloomsbury has the 2for 1 deal so i would get 3 nights (double exec room) for 267 pounds -- the hi kensington forum has the same deal for the king exec room for 282 pounds -- seems to be a good deal saving over 50 pounds over the best rate

which one should i go for knowing that after this stay i will need to go back to heathrow and will be coming from luton probably on the inward piece.

thank you

(edit - forget it - the reviews on trip advisor look pretty dismal for the bloomsbury even though it just got an ugprade -- looks like the kensington will be the place)...

Last edited by allen074; Apr 9, 2005 at 1:40 pm Reason: new
Old Apr 10, 2005, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA 2MM
The Kensington Forum is a big sort of faceless hotel, taken over by HI in the last couple of years. It's in a good location, convenient to just about everything.
I've stayed several times at HI Mayfair, what kind of price are they listing? I love this area, just a block from the Ritz on Picadilly, and a nice hotel with v. good air-conditioning.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
The Mayfair is the best location for the main tourist sites. But the Kensington location is great for living.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: POS, Delta Skymiles, IC Plat Amb., Hilton Gold, SPG gold
FYI I booked the kensington forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.