Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Carlton Cannes Master Thread [merged] - rebranded as Regent

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2011, 2:41 am

Programs: Priority Club Royal Ambassador, BAEC Silver Member
Stayed last week. Hotel was max occupancy due to some google/microsoft/yahoo/IT event taking over the whole of Cannes.

Booked 4 nights on points.

Honoured upgrade [but only partial sea view as hotel was fully booked - and I do believe that, the place was rammed!]

All RA privileges honoured, including minibar, although had to fight for everything. They also removed the wine and champagne from the minibar every day, so every day I called up and asked for the minibar to be stocked with it and they complied.

All in all a top top stay. Hotel itself could do with a refurb, but it really is THE place to stay in Cannes...

p.s. yes it is 26 euros EACH to use the beach, and make sure you book at least a day in advance, as otherwise you won't get on there. Def worth it tho, so lovely...
Old Jul 6, 2011, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by stiglives
Stayed last week. Hotel was max occupancy due to some google/microsoft/yahoo/IT event taking over the whole of Cannes.

Booked 4 nights on points.

Honoured upgrade [but only partial sea view as hotel was fully booked - and I do believe that, the place was rammed!]

All RA privileges honoured, including minibar, although had to fight for everything. They also removed the wine and champagne from the minibar every day, so every day I called up and asked for the minibar to be stocked with it and they complied.

All in all a top top stay. Hotel itself could do with a refurb, but it really is THE place to stay in Cannes...

p.s. yes it is 26 euros EACH to use the beach, and make sure you book at least a day in advance, as otherwise you won't get on there. Def worth it tho, so lovely...
How did you get them to honor the Mini Bar? I have a 4 night stay coming up with 3 nights paid and the 4th night on points. In my communication with the hotel they have advised me that the free mini bar is excluded from the points stay. What do you mean by "had to fight"
Old Jul 7, 2011, 6:23 am

Programs: Priority Club Royal Ambassador, BAEC Silver Member
Originally Posted by lallyr
How did you get them to honor the Mini Bar? I have a 4 night stay coming up with 3 nights paid and the 4th night on points. In my communication with the hotel they have advised me that the free mini bar is excluded from the points stay. What do you mean by "had to fight"

I mean that they did originally say no, but I insisted on speaking to the manager and managed to talk him around, with charm and past history If you're on 3 nights paid and 1 night points, I'm sure you can manage to persuade them to let you have the 4th night. If not, just clear out the mini bar on the 3rd night - shouldn't be too much of an issue...
Old Jul 7, 2011, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stiglives
If not, just clear out the mini bar on the 3rd night - shouldn't be too much of an issue...
I like the way you think...
Old Aug 10, 2011, 7:55 am

Hello

I'll stay at the Carton this week end for 3 nights and booked a classic room via PTS.

I always book a classic room (facing inside) and always got upgraded to an executive superior city view room . They called that a "double upgrade" as the room is a little larger than a regular city room and with a (very) partial sea view. I never got upgraded to a sea view room

Do you believe that if I buy Ambassador status for USD 200 (I believe), I'll be allowed to a "triple upgrade" to reach a sea view room ?

They do have sea view room available

Thank you all for your help

Kindest regards
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:16 pm

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
Originally Posted by cedricgerald
Hello

I'll stay at the Carton this week end for 3 nights and booked a classic room via PTS.

I always book a classic room (facing inside) and always got upgraded to an executive superior city view room . They called that a "double upgrade" as the room is a little larger than a regular city room and with a (very) partial sea view. I never got upgraded to a sea view room

Do you believe that if I buy Ambassador status for USD 200 (I believe), I'll be allowed to a "triple upgrade" to reach a sea view room ?

They do have sea view room available

Thank you all for your help

Kindest regards
Technically you should not receive any upgrade without status. As a Royal Ambassador I booked the cheapest room and they gave me a "double (BS) upgrade to the exec city, but told me by email that if a sea view suite was open at check in they will give it to me. Which kind of six as coming from a long journey I hate to have to negotiate at check in...
Old Aug 11, 2011, 1:39 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by david-alexis
Technically you should not receive any upgrade without status. As a Royal Ambassador I booked the cheapest room and they gave me a "double (BS) upgrade to the exec city, but told me by email that if a sea view suite was open at check in they will give it to me. Which kind of six as coming from a long journey I hate to have to negotiate at check in...
Thank you David-Alexis for the info & help. The hotel advised that the FHR upgrade is if available while the RA/A upgrade is confirmed at booking.
Yes I full agrees that negotiate at check in after a long trip is not easy.
Thank you again
Old Aug 11, 2011, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

while the RA/A upgrade is confirmed at booking.
Not really. My reservation still shows the base category room.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 6:59 am

Not really. My reservation still shows the base category room.
Sorry to hear that, as a FYI, I e-mailed the hotel yesterday and got a reply saying that I'm confirmed for the upgrade to a large city view room similar to what I usually have (I hope she meant with partial sea view).
For EURO 350 / NT that's not too bad at this time of the year
Old Sep 8, 2011, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry to hear that, as a FYI, I e-mailed the hotel yesterday and got a reply saying that I'm confirmed for the upgrade to a large city view room similar to what I usually have (I hope she meant with partial sea view).
For EURO 350 / NT that's not too bad at this time of the year
Does anyone know what room KING BED EXECUTIVE SEA VIEW ROOM is? Is this the BS upgrade which is actually not really an upgrade?

Also has anyone managed to get them to upgrade your BOGO rate to a breakfast one?
Old Sep 10, 2011, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone know what room KING BED EXECUTIVE SEA VIEW ROOM is? Is this the BS upgrade which is actually not really an upgrade?

Also has anyone managed to get them to upgrade your BOGO rate to a breakfast one?
Anyone?
Old Sep 11, 2011, 5:48 am

Programs: IC Spire Amb, Hilton, Marriott, BA, VA.

No, to the breakfast question - but the breakfast is still worth it at full rate. (Think it's about €35 per person) But don't forget your champagne is included!

The Exec Sea-View room is what I was allocated, as an RA, on my last stay. It definitely seems to be a rate that has been made up to satisfy RA upgrades, which I'm not particularly happy about. But getting a sea-view room is very important at this hotel for the full Cannes experience, so at least it guarantees that aspect of your stay. But I personally think RA's should get a suite here to properly satisfy the requirements of the RA benefits, but that doesn't seem to be the case any longer.

So in my last stay I had an Exec sea-view; when I checked in I was given a room on a lower floor, which seemed to be a normal sea-view (quite small). So I complained and said I wasn't happy with the size of the room and they found me a larger sea-view on a higher floor.

This hotel seems to be the only hotel that I have to constantly fight for RA recognition. Actually, it has been so consistent in poorness over the last few years that I factor it into the check-in experience in my mind, beforehand. I love the Carlton, but I'm getting a bit fed up of that really. Probably won't be long before I give up on this property for good if they don't up their game a bit for RA's.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AMDB7
No, to the breakfast question - but the breakfast is still worth it at full rate. (Think it's about €35 per person) But don't forget your champagne is included!

The Exec Sea-View room is what I was allocated, as an RA, on my last stay. It definitely seems to be a rate that has been made up to satisfy RA upgrades, which I'm not particularly happy about. But getting a sea-view room is very important at this hotel for the full Cannes experience, so at least it guarantees that aspect of your stay. But I personally think RA's should get a suite here to properly satisfy the requirements of the RA benefits, but that doesn't seem to be the case any longer.

So in my last stay I had an Exec sea-view; when I checked in I was given a room on a lower floor, which seemed to be a normal sea-view (quite small). So I complained and said I wasn't happy with the size of the room and they found me a larger sea-view on a higher floor.

This hotel seems to be the only hotel that I have to constantly fight for RA recognition. Actually, it has been so consistent in poorness over the last few years that I factor it into the check-in experience in my mind, beforehand. I love the Carlton, but I'm getting a bit fed up of that really. Probably won't be long before I give up on this property for good if they don't up their game a bit for RA's.
Thanks. I am going in the low season so hopefully they will offer me a suite. Although seeing some pictures of the suites online doesn't tempt me too much. They really are in need of a refurb.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 7:00 am

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
I stayed there in August for a week and let me share my experience:
I booked a friend and family rate of around EUR250 for 6 nights and 1 night on points.
After numerous emails I could not get anything confirmed over an Exec city view...
Upon arrival at the hotel I got a great welcome, and when I got my keys I ask the check in agent what kind of room I got and he smiles and says "you got a nice upgrade" I got upgraded to a one bed sea view suite! The room was great and going for close to EUR2000. Our stay was great, the staff very helpful, I just hoped they had a better restaurant offering (ie. Majestic)
I also wanted to add that most on this forum discuss upgrades and status benefit at hotels like Sheraton aiport or IC ICN etc. The Carlton is on a different league and the value of such benefits are worth so much more at hotels like the Carlton (free minibar, upgrade) I loved having a 2000 EUR suite at the carlton but I can care less when my SPG plat gets me a studio suite at the Aloft dulles airport when I am traveling on business alone.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Note: I have been told by staff that the property will close for a complete renovation from August 2012 until May 2013. So hurry up if you want to enjoy a stay in 2011/2012

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.