Search

Promo master thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2005, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by gpan
Do I stand a chance of getting anything meaningful on a 2 night stay at same location, or 3 nights (2 + 1 at different hotel)?
Sign up for everything in this thread and see what happens! We don't know how most of these bonuses work ourselves ....
Old Mar 16, 2005, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by gpan
Do I stand a chance of getting anything meaningful on a 2 night stay at same location, or 3 nights (2 + 1 at different hotel)?

Not unless the hotal has a deal!

BTW Is it time to start a NEW MASTER PROMO THREAD??
Old Mar 16, 2005, 7:46 pm

Programs: Platinum Royal Ambassador,GC Elite,HH Gold,DC Gold,*A Gold
heres my thoughts, what do you think?

We can keep this thread and use it to talk about the promos and other codes and so on. And then also add another sticky post that is locked so no one can reply to the topic and in there we have the latest promo codes, only Ralf or Myself can edit it, so its just one post, nothing but the most up to date promo codes.

Or I can just edit the first post in this thread with the latest ones, but I think people will then think they are missing something and try and read all 100 replies

Thoughts please
Old Mar 16, 2005, 7:50 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
I like the idea of a quick and easy reference to what is current without having to page through insights and comments as valuable as they are. Go for it.

Last edited by jackplum; Mar 16, 2005 at 7:51 pm Reason: typo
Old Mar 16, 2005, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by Dino2020
heres my thoughts, what do you think?

We can keep this thread and use it to talk about the promos and other codes and so on.

And then also add another sticky post that is locked so no one can reply to the topic and in there we have the latest promo codes, only Ralf or Myself can edit it, so its just one post, nothing but the most up to date promo codes.
Thoughts please
Welcome new moderator ! Nice start!

Yes a locked sticky with just the latest promos would be very useful. An easy quick way to check on the latest promos. Especially when one is really short on time and wants to see if there is something one should sign up for or do prior to walking out the door to one's next stay. I know I would check it regularly.

And keeping another thread open to talk about the promos may be useful too though I wonder if it would be better to have separate threads for different promos or different problems with the promos as opposed to one long thread with discussion and info on many different promos and problems. Easier to spot topics and problems when one can see the headings listed as threads.
Old Mar 17, 2005, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
How about this?

Start a new promo thread with a first post similar to the one in this thread. Call it 'Current Promos - March 2005' or similar.

Make it a sticky. Do NOT lock it.

Next month, start a new promo thread ('Current Promos - April 2005'!) with the first post being a summary of all the new stuff and comments people have posted in the previous month. Un-sticky the old promo thread and let it drift away ....

I think we should try to keep the number of stickies to a minimum.

(On a different note, you may also want to do a new sticky to replace the current one on PC levels / Ambassador / RA, to consoidate all the new info we have got in the last few months on how to become a RA.)

Last edited by RJB; Mar 17, 2005 at 2:24 am
Old Mar 17, 2005, 3:15 am

When did you last check the RA details thread ? just run through the new additions for us though mate and see if what I put in adds up

And I am like your self worried about to many sticky posts especially for those running a low resolution on there monitor, I just cant see it working for a month at a time as all the promos overlap each other, but it could be the way to go, I do know like others have said in this thread 100+ posts is no good.

I wouldnt have time to make the second post in the new thread a summary, I think your on the right track though.

Dino

Originally Posted by RJB
How about this?

Start a new promo thread with a first post similar to the one in this thread. Call it 'Current Promos - March 2005' or similar.

Make it a sticky. Do NOT lock it.

Next month, start a new promo thread ('Current Promos - April 2005'!) with the first post being a summary of all the new stuff and comments people have posted in the previous month. Un-sticky the old promo thread and let it drift away ....

I think we should try to keep the number of stickies to a minimum.

(On a different note, you may also want to do a new sticky to replace the current one on PC levels / Ambassador / RA, to consoidate all the new info we have got in the last few months on how to become a RA.)
Old Mar 18, 2005, 1:42 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by Dino2020
Or I can just edit the first post in this thread with the latest ones, but I think people will then think they are missing something and try and read all 100 replies

Thoughts please
Dino2020, unless you and ralfkrippner intend to keep an eye daily on any new promos posted in this (and any other) thread and, if necessary, update daily the proposed separate locked sticky, I think many people will continue to read the latest postings in this promo thread (myself included).

Therefore, I would vote for just editing the first post in this thread. FTers would then have the option of just looking at the first (relatively updated) post, looking at the most recent promo postings by others as well if they wished, and even adding their own promo-related posts, all in the same thread. This would keep the number of stickies down as well.

I also think RJB has a point, too. This thread can quickly get unwieldy, so it might not be a bad idea to once in a while (depending on the length of the thread, or maybe when we start a new promo season) transfer the first post from this sticky thread to a new sticky thread, and let the old thread, as RJB so succinctly puts it, "drift away."

Just my "2 Yen."

Last edited by DoubleJ; Mar 18, 2005 at 1:45 am
Old Mar 18, 2005, 2:48 am

This thread worked well so I decided to just to go with what we know works think your right DoubleJ. It seems the best solution, I will unstick the new thread I have created and close like I am doing now with this one when the time is right. and make a new one again.

I will let this great thread drift away, thanks to all who contributed to it.

Dino

Last edited by Dino2020; Mar 18, 2005 at 2:51 am Reason: Closed for housekeeping reasons

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.