Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Welcome Amenity on Reward Nights?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2022, 11:21 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
My last few stays in a Crowne Plaza with points I was offered points or drink , when I asked for breakfast was then told it was also allowed. Seems one often has to ask !
Old Nov 5, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: HH Silver IHG Platinum
I didn't get a welcome amenity on my last paid visit to a Holiday Inn. I was advised that they just do points. I still have yet to see the points.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 3:24 pm

Programs: You name it 😉
When I stayed at the Kimpton 9 zero in Boston, with diamond status to boot, I was told breakfast was only available as a welcome amenity. I didn’t feel like fighting it.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by dineaux
When I stayed at the Kimpton 9 zero in Boston, with diamond status to boot, I was told breakfast was only available as a welcome amenity. I didn’t feel like fighting it.
Not clear what the issue is.

Breakfast IS a welcome amenity for Diamond but you have to select it. It isn’t just given to you.
kevino likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 5:01 pm

Programs: You name it 😉
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Not clear what the issue is.

Breakfast IS a welcome amenity for Diamond but you have to select it. It isn’t just given to you.
My apologies. I was told that breakfast wasn’t available as a welcome amenity. Heading to Hotel Gray in a few weeks. Looking forward to see what happens.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 4:52 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Accor Plus Silver
Diamond benefits while staying on points ?

I recently completed a fast track, now Diamond until end of 2023. I wonder if Diamond benefits (breakfast, upgrades, etc) apply while staying on reward nights (points)?
Old Nov 23, 2022, 5:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by lautaro
I recently completed a fast track, now Diamond until end of 2023. I wonder if Diamond benefits (breakfast, upgrades, etc) apply while staying on reward nights (points)?
Yes, and it's been applied consistently for me so far on reward stays. I think if you read the T&Cs it's clear that it applies on reward nights too by the way the definitions of various terms are worded.
kevino and lautaro like this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 2:50 pm

Change of t&c? Not anymore on reward nights, only qualifying stays…?

Welcome Amenity: The Welcome Amenity for Platinum Elite and Diamond Elite Members varies by brand and region. In Greater China, Silver Elite and Gold Elite Members are also offered a choice of Welcome Amenity.
  • The choice of amenity is only offered on Qualified Stays and is non-transferrable
Old Jan 11, 2023, 3:40 pm

A reward night is a qualifying stay.
SanHor likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by SanHor
Change of t&c? Not anymore on reward nights, only qualifying stays…?

Welcome Amenity: The Welcome Amenity for Platinum Elite and Diamond Elite Members varies by brand and region. In Greater China, Silver Elite and Gold Elite Members are also offered a choice of Welcome Amenity.
  • The choice of amenity is only offered on Qualified Stays and is non-transferrable
there is a whole section that defines what counts as a qualifying stay. You need to read all of them and not parts in isolation,
ProjectSunburst and SanHor like this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
there is a whole section that defines what counts as a qualifying stay. You need to read all of them and not parts in isolation,
Thanks UKtravelbear and 336
Old Nov 25, 2023, 8:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, SPG PLT
Does the amenity extend to diamond occupant if the booking is booked from another non-diamond account?
Old Nov 25, 2023, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by flyinglan
Does the amenity extend to diamond occupant if the booking is booked from another non-diamond account?
No

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.