Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Welcome Amenity on Reward Nights?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2022, 9:58 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Try the feedback form on the website, at least you get a reply (which may still be useless however) unlike chat where I have always been left hanging at some point.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
Try the feedback form on the website, at least you get a reply (which may still be useless however) unlike chat where I have always been left hanging at some point.
Thanks for the suggestion! Shall do that in future. Just checked and the Reward Night stay has finally been counted towards the Milestone Rewards nights after an entry on "Reward Night" with 0 pts just got added under "Account activity".

Thanks a lot everyone!
Old Aug 8, 2022, 5:42 pm

holiday Inn express in Johor bahru malaysia

I DO NOT received the Welcome Amenity of 500 points on reward nights for second times. Where should i report to?
Old Aug 8, 2022, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by Wuttisak Rothana
I DO NOT received the Welcome Amenity of 500 points on reward nights for second times. Where should i report to?
Think you can probably check with the hotel if there's a way to contact them, or use the IHG Customer Care function on the app or website? Hope it will be sorted out soon!
Old Aug 16, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
How long do award stays take to post as elite qualifying? Waiting a week but I’m led to believe that’s normal.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 10:17 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

I recently had a two night stay using two free night certificates. Of course, I needed to make two reservations to use the two certificates (didn't I?). Since it is two reservations, should that be two amenities? I assumed so, and submitted a missing points report at the web site, but have heard nothing.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 11:27 am

It all depends,
If you are diamond for example, hotel offers you the choice:
Either welcome points, or welcome drink, or complimentary breakfast.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 11:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 336
[...] hotel offers you the choice:[...]
Sorry I wasn't clear. I chose the points, but only received the points for one reservation. The question is whether consecutive reservations, which are required to use FNCs, each get an amenity.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 12:13 pm

Never got multiple points or drinks for consecutive reservations. Did get breakfast on all days.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by serpens
Sorry I wasn't clear. I chose the points, but only received the points for one reservation. The question is whether consecutive reservations, which are required to use FNCs, each get an amenity.
From the Terms and Conditions:
A “Stay” is defined as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of Check-In/Check-Out.

I couldn't find a statement that they limit the welcome amenity points to one per stay, but if so then it makes sense by this definition. Now if you had multiple rooms on the same night, that might have qualified for multiple amenity points. (In fact, I think I've had that happen.)
Old Nov 3, 2022, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
It varies.

August I had three consecutive nights booked separately at an HI and got one set of pointe (plus breakfast)

in October I’d booked 4 consecutive nights separately and got 4 lots of welcome points (plus the breakfast)

this was the same HI

don’t know whether that was a glitch or the guy on reception trying to do something nice as there were no upgrades available.

im going to take that as a bonus and not complain about the first stay being different from the second!
kevino likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 2:05 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
It seems at every IHG-hotel for every award room, i booked in my own name, i get welcome points .
Can't complain
Old Nov 3, 2022, 2:32 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Thanks, all.
Originally Posted by Rare
I couldn't find a statement that they limit the welcome amenity points to one per stay, but if so then it makes sense by this definition.
Yes, that makes sense, even if IHG forces customers to make consecutive reservations to use FNCs. I would expect one amenity per stay to be the standard, even if some people have received more.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Rare
Now if you had multiple rooms on the same night, that might have qualified for multiple amenity points. (In fact, I think I've had that happen.)
Just checked my account history; in fact I did have this happen last year. Reserved three rooms with points for the same night, received welcome amenity points three times.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 2:46 am

Programs: BAEC, Krisflyer
There appears to be no consistency. I’m platinum Ambassador A couple of weeks ago in Denver on reward booking was told I was not entitled to anything. I showed the info on website and later spoke to someone else. Again the answer was nothing.

This week stayed in HI in Australia and was given points, free breakfast and upgrade to Executive Room.

Stayed in Germany last week 2 consecutive nights on separate bookings and was given drinks voucher for one night and points for 2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.