Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Regent Phu Quoc [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2023, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by Akkku
Does anyone have any experience of the Beach Pool Suite? Not so many pictures on their website and hard to find reviews from TripAdvisor, YouTube or blogs.
We're thinking between that and the Terrace Pool Suite for our week long trip in mid-Jan next year.
I would choose terrace pool villa. It's much bigger and really nice.
Akkku likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 2:17 am

Programs: LH Sen
Originally Posted by pleikupho
I am planning to spend 4 nights at the Regent PQ and 5 nights at the JW Marriott PQ. WiIl be traveling with spouse and 2 young children. Which resort would you guys recommend to stay first?
You will need to book more than one room for children at the Regent. I think they will allow one kid 4 and under to stay in the room but above that you would need a two room suite combination, I think. Definitely check with the hotel prior to booking/arriving.
I stayed there and specifically asked the front desk manager about this.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 12:42 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Just to confirm, would a Diamond with club access pass get access to a lounge here? Any reports or pics of that lounge? Anyone able to compare it to the nearby IC? Thanks!
Old Sep 12, 2023, 1:04 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by jpdx
Just to confirm, would a Diamond with club access pass get access to a lounge here? Any reports or pics of that lounge? Anyone able to compare it to the nearby IC? Thanks!
As per the IHG T&Cs, having an Annual Lounge Membership would automatically let you into a club lounge at any IHG-branded property. A caveat is if you're booking a Regent or InterContinental that comes with perks for booking club-level rooms [e.g., free transport from the airport, free pressing], you need to book a club-level room to enjoy those perks as your ALM will only get you the benefits of the physical lounge [e.g., breakfast, happy hour].

Also curious to read about the lounge at this gorgeous property - very high on my want-to-travel list.

khabah
jpdx likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 5:23 pm

Lounge is surprisingly small for a resort this size. It's comfortable though. Sadly i don't have pictures .I didn't feel that the lounge would have been great value if you don't spend your stay there and drink alcohol till you drop.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 9:37 am

However, I believe I came across a reference to a pool within the lounge area offering a breathtaking view. Can you please verify if this is accurate?
Old Sep 20, 2023, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by markmk
However, I believe I came across a reference to a pool within the lounge area offering a breathtaking view. Can you please verify if this is accurate?
Yes there is but the pool is part of a common area so it's not exclusively for the lounge. Actually there are two different wings in the main building. Both of the wings have really big and nice pool with a great view. One pool is close to the gym and other is close with the bar and lounge.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 12:15 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Originally Posted by ukiechris
You will need to book more than one room for children at the Regent. I think they will allow one kid 4 and under to stay in the room but above that you would need a two room suite combination, I think. Definitely check with the hotel prior to booking/arriving.
I stayed there and specifically asked the front desk manager about this.
I emailed the hotel about this as well. Their email back to me that children under 12 can stay in one of the entry level rooms using existing bedding at a lower price, or a nominal fee for a rollaway. Since we have 3 rooms, we are planning on "assigning" our 2 nephews to two separate rooms and will deal with how that works later. We are hoping for some type of an upgrade, or pay to upgrade offer, for one of the rooms to be a larger suite.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 12:35 pm

Great news! I was wondering if I need to pay for the lounge access to use that pool. I'm planning on a November trip there, and I'll share more pictures later.
patchan8984 and joorinainen like this.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 12:14 pm

Programs: IHG, Marriot, Emirates
If you have the annual lounge membership, you'll gain access to the club lounge. It's one of the best I've encountered, even outshining most Ritz Carlton club lounges. They offer all-day dining and drinks, along with afternoon tea and evening canapés, and everything is wonderfully cooked to order.
jpdx, nicolas75 and Cthunder86 like this.
Old Nov 23, 2023, 12:29 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
I checked in here today.

initially no mention of an upgrade and also amenity was automatic as points. Slightly odd.

I did ask about an upgrade and enquired why non were given or offered. They made the excuse that they were not aware of my status which I don’t buy as I made the booking on the IHG app. They then tell me that they do have rooms for upgrade but they only have one and a guest is arriving the next day so I would need to check out at 1000.

what a load of palava. I really dislike the dishonesty. Ultimately if they want to be apart of the IHG group they should abide by the T&Cs. Bottom line the upgrade was available yet they decline to offer it. It makes a mockery of the whole programme.

I will say that the resort is stunning and super smart. Its certainly catering to a certain crowd.

bottom line for me is it leave a a sour taste when they don’t abide by the so called offerings.

oh well. Another hotel off my list
Old Nov 23, 2023, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by dewby
I checked in here today.

initially no mention of an upgrade and also amenity was automatic as points. Slightly odd.

I did ask about an upgrade and enquired why non were given or offered. They made the excuse that they were not aware of my status which I don’t buy as I made the booking on the IHG app. They then tell me that they do have rooms for upgrade but they only have one and a guest is arriving the next day so I would need to check out at 1000.

what a load of palava. I really dislike the dishonesty. Ultimately if they want to be apart of the IHG group they should abide by the T&Cs. Bottom line the upgrade was available yet they decline to offer it. It makes a mockery of the whole programme.

I will say that the resort is stunning and super smart. Its certainly catering to a certain crowd.

bottom line for me is it leave a a sour taste when they don’t abide by the so called offerings.

oh well. Another hotel off my list
the resort never appear to be full when i was there.
seems like they rather leave the rooms empty than to upgrade guests.
same for my experience, did not mention anything about upgrade when i checked in and was given what i booked
Old Nov 23, 2023, 1:18 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
Same here. There are rooms online above the base level.

I really do not like the dishonesty and excuses. That’s what bothers me. It really leaves a sour taste and makes me want to leave. when I enquired about an upgrade there was this panic, omg, he asked. What shall we do.

The resort is new and snazzy but it’s a long walk to the pool.

The sea is a nasty brown colour so not exactly inviting.

I will contact the IHG diamond line and tell them my displeasure. It’s a matter of principle. If the room is not available no problem. If it is then they should a give it.
Old Nov 23, 2023, 1:45 am

I have an upcoming stay and even though the hotel looks nice, what put a sour taste and bad first impression is that they are trying to charge a fee of 575k vnd/day for my 4yo daughter (their “children policy”). That is for her to sleep on existing bedding, no rollaway. We have not experienced this sort of policy and have travelled extensively the past two years. And none of the other hotels we are staying at in Vietnam (the IC next door, Park Hyatt Saigon, IC Saigon, Sheraton Can Tho) have this policy/fee. Have we just not stayed at resorts with kids club? Is that what the fee is for and is this a common fee?
336 likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2023, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by dewby
I did ask about an upgrade and enquired why non were given or offered.
I can understand your disappointment at not receiving an upgrade.
But aren't the basic rooms 78m2 suites, which isn't exactly small (besides, the superior category is usually sold at almost double the price of the basic room).

I have no doubt, however, that you will enjoy your stay in this beautiful hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.