Regent Phu Quoc [Master Thread]

Old Jan 12, 2023, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by joorinainen
I have stayed Regent Phu Quoc once before and im eagerly waiting for my next trip in March. By far the the best resort & hotel which i have ever stayed and i have stayed in a few.
I mentioned the same thing to the GM of the Holiday Inn's in Puerto Vallarta this morning. The best resort stay I have had in years. Actually all three on Phu Quoc are terrific. The Regent, the IC and Crown Plaza. Service at the Regent was superb- they knew what I needed before I even knew what I wanted. And a very nice bottle of French Champagne delivered to me poolside compliments of the GM was a first for me.
joorinainen and Atacama40 like this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by nawlins
I mentioned the same thing to the GM of the Holiday Inn's in Puerto Vallarta this morning. The best resort stay I have had in years. Actually all three on Phu Quoc are terrific. The Regent, the IC and Crown Plaza. Service at the Regent was superb- they knew what I needed before I even knew what I wanted. And a very nice bottle of French Champagne delivered to me poolside compliments of the GM was a first for me.
Sounds about right! Too bad their flagship restaurant Oku wasn't open when we visited. Did you try it?
Old Jan 19, 2023, 4:32 pm

Staying here for 5 nights with the family in May, it looks incredible!
joorinainen likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 2:57 am

Agreed with those commenting that the resort is exceptional. I had posted my experience: here
Originally Posted by patchan8984
Looks like we are planning for the winter break (4 nights) at the new Regent. We may book 2 rooms (all suites) on points and pay for a 3rd room that would allow an upgrade to either the sky pool villa or the terrace pool villa. I assume that the sky pool villa has a more panoramic view and the terrace pool villa is lower down to the lagoon side of things. Any feedback? Points redemption doesn't seem too bad.
The terrace pool villas are not directly near the lagoon, those are the lagoon pool villas. The terrace pool villas are those on the outside.
The sky pool villa will have a similar view to the normal rooms, they're all facing the same way. The benefit is that they're all in the main building (potentially different wing) so going between rooms will be faster. I'm not sure about the sky pool villa (which still seems pretty big), but the terrace pool villa is huge. Dining table with 6 chairs (3 on each side and you could easily add one at each end), lounge area for 5-6, 4 day beds near the pool... So, it can be a good place for the whole group to spend the day, including the pool.
Note that sky pool or terrace pool villa would be a two-level upgrade, so I assume you're RA. If you aren't I'd consider booking a 2-bedroom sky pool villa and only one room on points
joorinainen and Atacama40 like this.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 2:21 pm

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond
Any experience staying on Points with one or two kids? Do they charge for kids?
Old Mar 5, 2023, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Marco159
Any experience staying on Points with one or two kids? Do they charge for kids?
for our upcoming reservation theyve told me we have to pay $50 per extra rollaway bed per room per night. Its booked on points.
Marco159 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 4:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond

Ive noticed breakfast is free? Maybe a special promotion? Sounds like I can just ask for drink coupons since breakfast is included even if I booked on points
Old Mar 18, 2023, 11:53 am

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Has anyone considered this property for a family of 4. Are the two single beds...actually single, or double sized?
Old Mar 19, 2023, 12:24 am

Stayed here for three nights on points this month

Grab from the airport was about 20 minutes

Arrived at 9am, bellboy took my luggage while another led me to the main atrium to relax on some couches while having tea and a sweet. Check in and paper work took about 15-20 min.

Was acknowledged as a diamond member but was not given a upgrade from my base ocean suite room with a view nor any published welcome amenities . Breakfast was free for anyone staying so I was at least hoping to get a drink coupon. When I asked about it I was told they stopped doing it last year. I did receive the welcome amenity points after checkout though.
I was given a very early check in (10am), a room on the 6th floor (7 floors of room) with a amazing view, welcome gift of wine (40usd value), three mini sweets, and a bowl of fruit.

Room amenities were very good. One drawer of savory and sweet snacks, mini fridge with an assortment of beers, sodas, juice, water, and a drawer with tea and coffee. All of it is replenished once a day. About six bottles of water in the room for tea, drinking, etc.

Bathroom was spacious with a large tub that fit me (Im 193cm) that had salts and soaps, and a large rainfall shower with a detachable head in a separate area of the bathroom.

Blue tooth Bose with a large tv and a deep are outdoor patio area that could host four people comfortably. Honestly, the base room was fantastic and the a/c was strong enough to cool down a room with this large of a window.

Most customer service needs could be dealt with via whastapp or their app. A large list of items are available for free or can be borrowed by just ordering off the app. I requested sunscreen and within 15 minutes it was at my door. I also requested housekeeping and they were cleaning my room within 10 minutes. Level of English was perfectly acceptable and everyone I had encountered was eager to help/proactive in their approach.

Hotel grounds were very nice. Main family and a deeper pool were set beautifully with plenty of lounge chairs and cabanas. Unfortunately the two roof top pools were closed due to emergency maintenance. I would call a day or two ahead of time to make sure the pools are accessible. The ocean was clean with chairs set out on the beach. Towels at every single seat and free water was given at every chair. If you wanted more then you could scan a QR code and order from the app. Waiter would bring your drink in a timely manner.

The breakfast at the Rice Market was one of the best Ive had in Asia/post 2021. Three rooms to pick from, waiter would take your initial order of coffee or tea as well as 8 types of egg dishes that you wanted. Breakfast included plenty of Asian and western dishes, fresh juice, pastries, plenty of cheese and meats, etc all. Outside of breakfast you could order asian dishes here as well for lunch or dinner

Ocean club was mostly western with drinks but had a nice view with a pool facing the sea for relaxation

Did not get a chance to try Oku unfortunately.

IC is right next door so if you wanted different dinner options or something more affordable than you could go there. I also ended up concierge call for a bike drop off so I could explore the island.

My verdict? There are plenty of better islands in Asia to see other than phu quốc but if I wanted to relaxing resort stay then this would be it.
tinkerbell78 and 336 like this.

Last edited by Cthunder86; Mar 19, 2023 at 11:12 am
Old Mar 19, 2023, 12:28 am

Old Jul 18, 2023, 1:32 am

Do they charge extra if 2 adults 2 kids just use 2 double beds no need rollaway beds?

Originally Posted by britinva79
for our upcoming reservation theyve told me we have to pay $50 per extra rollaway bed per room per night. Its booked on points.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 7:17 am

I dont know if they have any rooms with 2 double beds. I only saw rooms with 2 single beds on the website. In the end we had to do a 2 bedroom suite since the rollaway in the living room area wouldnt work since there was a huge window in the kitchen that had no blind and sunlight would have come in at 5am.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 3:43 pm

I am planning to spend 4 nights at the Regent PQ and 5 nights at the JW Marriott PQ. WiIl be traveling with spouse and 2 young children. Which resort would you guys recommend to stay first?
Old Aug 8, 2023, 4:27 pm

Id personally want to end my trip with those nice sunsets at the Regent. Its also closer to the airport and I was given a 2pm checkout for my 4pm flight.
pure12345 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 7:06 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK *A Gold
Does anyone have any experience of the Beach Pool Suite? Not so many pictures on their website and hard to find reviews from TripAdvisor, YouTube or blogs.
We're thinking between that and the Terrace Pool Suite for our week long trip in mid-Jan next year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.