Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kimpton Maa-Lai Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2022, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Cthunder86
Booked three nights starting Thursday on points. I can see I was upgraded from essential to the suite with lung view. Multiple category upgrade for a lowly plat
I will be there in October/November on paid stay as Diamond Inner Circle.
Presidential suite, anyone? 😜
Old Jul 21, 2022, 7:25 pm

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by nicolas75
I will be there in October/November on paid stay as Diamond Inner Circle.
Presidential suite, anyone? 😜
I was there in June 2022 and they only upgraded me one level up to the next tier room as Diamond Inner Circle. Now that the Diamond benefits have been formalised, I supposed that breakfast will be complimentary and I do not need to book the package with breakfast?

All the best and hope that you get a nice suite right for your stay.
nicolas75 likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 9:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I was there a couple weekends ago as a platinum for a three day stay on points. I was booked at the lowest level room but was given an upgrade to the Kimpton Suite (83sqm) with green lung view. The amenity choice was points (500 I think) or a 300 credit for the bar which I choose. 20% discount on food and non alcoholic beverage in all the restaurants on the property which basically meant removal of the 17% tax.

I arrived at 5am but wasnt able to check in until 1pm. I was able to shower and change at the pool area before I hit the local sites in the morning. Really perfect timing to get a full day of site seeing in Bangkok and then rest at the hotel during the afternoon. Check out was 2pm which was perfect for me.

Restaurants and bars on site and nearby were very, there was a social hour at the pool from 5-6 that I didnt get to check out. Gym was great as well as the pool.

Room size/configuration would of been perfect for a week stay. Could of used a bit more closet/hanger space for two people.

location was preferable to me as it was only a 10-12 walk from Chitlom BTS.

As someone who doesnt want to stay on the riverside or Asoke/Nana but wants to be close, Id wholly recommend this hotel.

I mostly made videos with only a couple photos unfortunately

Old Aug 6, 2022, 6:38 pm

It seems that all the hotels are trying to up-sell guests to a suite but not giving enough incentive.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 7:19 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards
Any stay here recently? Are dimaond ambassdor honor daily breakfast for point stay?
Old Aug 8, 2022, 10:23 am

Programs: EK Gold, SK*G, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by charliechan51
Any stay here recently? Are dimaond ambassdor honor daily breakfast for point stay?
Yes. Had 5 nights end of July on points and got / selected free breakfast.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Detailed review of my stay in October 2022 (1/2)

Detailed review of my stay in October 2022 (2/2)
kevino and IAMORGAN like this.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 3:10 pm

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Kimpton Bangkok looks very nice; I will be there for the first time in a weeks' time looking forward to it hope there as generous on the upgrade front for my 4 nights. Did the Hotel do the social hour as other Kimptons do?
Old Oct 30, 2022, 9:00 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards
Originally Posted by shoven
Kimpton Bangkok looks very nice; I will be there for the first time in a weeks' time looking forward to it hope there as generous on the upgrade front for my 4 nights. Did the Hotel do the social hour as other Kimptons do?
Yes it is at the evening near the pool
Old Dec 30, 2022, 9:26 am

Programs: Try to be elite again... :)
Anyone knows if the lounge is open? Thanks!
Old Dec 30, 2022, 4:31 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Tommys888
Anyone knows if the lounge is open? Thanks!
It will never open; they will make a different use for that space after all.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 10:29 am

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Stayed during the high season of Christmas. I am a Diamond Ambassador.

Stayed for 4 nights...2 on points and 2 in a 1 bed Apartment. Upgraded to the 1 bed Apartment for the 2 nights on points too.

Early check-in request at 8 am was honored. Paid half day charge for late checkout till 8pm.... expensive.

As a diamond 2 adult bf was inclusive. They comped 2 kids breakfast also.

Gave us 2 extra beds in the living room free of cost which made the stay very comfortable. Removed a table and chair due to which the room was still spacious.

Service with respect to house keeping and room service was hit and miss. IC Bangkok's service was much better.

But overall a good stay.

Last edited by sweets61250; Jan 4, 2023 at 10:32 am
Old Feb 22, 2023, 5:32 pm

is the breakfast ala carte?
Old Feb 23, 2023, 6:32 am

Breakfast is buffet with an extensive spread. I recently stayed here and thought it was one of the best buffets in Bangkok.
jiunsoh likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by bhyx
is the breakfast ala carte?
very good buffet with a lot of asian choices (like korean), great bread but lacking in the cheese/ham/... section

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.