IHG accelerate 2019?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: AS, IHG and post-loyal
Originally Posted by FlightorFight
New Accelerate for 2019 starts soon.

-Registration&booking starts Jan7.
-First night stay starts Jan15.

I'm also waiting for this promo. Asked mgr at Holiday Inn I'm staying at and this info was just internally released yesterday.
Rotten timing - have stays starting Jan 9 and Jan 13. How does it work again if you've got a stay that starts before promotion and through the period, e.g. Jan 13-18. Would that count? Or need to go break that into two stays?
Old Dec 29, 2018, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by leland
Rotten timing - have stays starting Jan 9 and Jan 13. How does it work again if you've got a stay that starts before promotion and through the period, e.g. Jan 13-18. Would that count? Or need to go break that into two stays?
In the past, it was the check-out date that counted.
But I guess we need to see the rules - even thought doesn't always work the same way the rules are written.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by leland
I would leave it as is, and hope to get credit for the entire stay under the promotion. It usually goes by check out date. If it did not work, customer service could probably fix it.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Responding to leland above, I equally have stays on the 10th and 11th January, although I certainly didn't book them predicting a promotion, I booked them because I needed them. But it's a bit disappointing all the same. You can't win them all in this points game, just swing with the flow.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 5:41 pm

Programs: United, Lufthansa
Has anyone heard anything? The current promotion is ending in a couple of days isn't it?
Old Dec 29, 2018, 7:57 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I got a couple of individual targets last time that didn't really work for me, and we ended up throwing our stays to Hilton instead because I had a couple good MR bonus point offers on my AmEx cards in addition to Hilton's double points promo.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 1:00 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Elite, Wyndham Rewards Gold
I am waiting to see what offers IHG will give me for Accelerate, maybe I may aim to reach Platinum again. 2018 I stayed less at IHG properties and focused more on Hilton since being Gold there at least gets me free breakfast or upgrades at Hilton properties. In 2019 I will be downgraded to IHG Gold from Platinum. The Accelerate promos may help me get to Platinum again...
Old Dec 30, 2018, 2:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by whaleship
I am waiting to see what offers IHG will give me for Accelerate, maybe I may aim to reach Platinum again. 2018 I stayed less at IHG properties and focused more on Hilton since being Gold there at least gets me free breakfast or upgrades at Hilton properties. In 2019 I will be downgraded to IHG Gold from Platinum. The Accelerate promos may help me get to Platinum again...
Just buy the Ambassador in March and you will be platinum for a year. No need to waste your money to do the mattress run.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Travelinaddy
Has anyone heard anything? The current promotion is ending in a couple of days isn't it?
1. I think if someone hears something they'll post it automatically, without waiting for someone to ask.

2. In the past there was often a gap between promos.

3. I don't think any previous promo was extended from Dec 15 to Dec 31 long after the promo had started. If that's changed, what else has changed about promo timing at IHG?
Old Dec 30, 2018, 3:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by chongcao
Just buy the Ambassador in March and you will be platinum for a year. No need to waste your money to do the mattress run.
Doesnt the Chase CC give you Plat as well, besides the bonus points, its free the 1st year and then $49, along with a free night cert for any IHG hotel
Old Dec 30, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Originally Posted by craz
Doesnt the Chase CC give you Plat as well, besides the bonus points, its free the 1st year and then $49, along with a free night cert for any IHG hotel
Not everyone lives in the US.
Temedar and craigthemif like this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 10:16 pm

Programs: AS, IHG and post-loyal
Originally Posted by Concerto
Responding to leland above, I equally have stays on the 10th and 11th January, although I certainly didn't book them predicting a promotion, I booked them because I needed them. But it's a bit disappointing all the same. You can't win them all in this points game, just swing with the flow.
Exactly. I have to be there and IHG closest to where I need to be... But I wouldn't mind a sweetener while I'm there anyway About the only thing I'd consider doing based on the rules is breaking up one of the stays, but glad to get the guidance here that it's usually gone by checkout date. That's nice.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sdsearch
1. I think if someone hears something they'll post it automatically, without waiting for someone to ask.

2. In the past there was often a gap between promos.

3. I don't think any previous promo was extended from Dec 15 to Dec 31 long after the promo had started. If that's changed, what else has changed about promo timing at IHG?
There is a chance that the next promo is not called Accelerate. Accelerate is the name of promo since 2016 or even earlier. At some stage they will retire this name. Before Accelerate the name used to be Win Big or Crack the Case.

I would not be surprised if the new promo is a new funky name that only nowadays teenager would understand, since the new management seems to be very keen to try to attract the youngest consumers, (thus the stupid name of Voco and Avid...)
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:49 am
Suspended

Just let you know that if IHG is to have Accelerate promotion in first quarter of 2019. The registration address should be:
https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q1accelerate2019

But at this moment the site is still 404 so it is not live. And I just have a funny feeling that this 1Q promo is not accelerate as my previous post indicated.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I kind of surmised there wouldn't be an Accelerate like we knew it, but something else a bit less exciting (but perhaps workable all the same). I was tempted to drive business towards Hilton because they have a reasonably lucrative promotion in the new year which is uncomplicated, and doesn't require weekend stays, points packages bookings, app bookings, or all the other rather anal hoops we had to jump through. But Hilton's IT and CS is such a mess it's driving me to look elsewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.