FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   IHG accelerate 2019? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1942972-ihg-accelerate-2019-a.html)

Blackfox Nov 29, 2018 7:56 am

IHG accelerate 2019?

Hi there,
Is there some kind of promo for Q1 2019? Like IHG accelerate used to be?
I'm holding on reservations but at some point soon I will have to make a decision and if IHG doesn't provide anything I may have to shop other brands in my wallet.

perthite Nov 29, 2018 8:23 am

Maybe - but we maybe a few weeks away from finding out what is in store.

sdsearch Nov 29, 2018 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by Blackfox (Post 30479477)
Hi there,
Is there some kind of promo for Q1 2019? Like IHG accelerate used to be?
I'm holding on reservations but at some point soon I will have to make a decision and if IHG doesn't provide anything I may have to shop other brands in my wallet.

Historically, IHG hasn't necessarily released such promos more than about 2 weeks in advance necessarily. The current promo that started Sept 16, its thread in this forum started Sep 3, so it looks like it was only discovered 13 days before it started.

Keep in mind that these are targeted promos, based on what you've done in the past. So it's not as simple as Hilton announcing that yet again they'll have "unlimited double points for everyone, period", or whatever.

Concerto Nov 30, 2018 3:14 pm

I have been thinking about this too, but I have just gone ahead and made some bookings thanks to some very good rates offered in the Black Friday (or Cyber Monday) sale, which offered 25% reduction. We'll see what Accelerate offers. I have a suspicion it won't be interesting in the way it used to be, for me anyway.

Exiled in Express Nov 30, 2018 7:03 pm

I am hoping for some version of a Mastercard promotion to appear again. IHG points have devalued enough in the past year I am not really interested in the typical Accelerate points promo. I have three January nights where an IHG property makes sense but otherwise getting very brand agnostic other than Hyatt.

craigthemif Dec 1, 2018 3:12 am

Since there was no "Accelerate" for autumn 2018, I wouldn't count on one for winter 2019. IHG might have soured on the strategy of handing out ridiculous amounts of bonus points, especially since Hilton and Marriott can't seem to be bothered to run decent promos any more...

NickB Dec 1, 2018 3:30 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 30486696)
Since there was no "Accelerate" for autumn 2018

I would have thought that "double points plus more" was in effect an accelerate promotion with the addition of double points.

craigthemif Dec 1, 2018 3:45 am

Originally Posted by NickB (Post 30486723)
I would have thought that "double points plus more" was in effect an accelerate promotion with the addition of double points.

No individual targets for many (most?).

Not really what we've come to expect from "Accelerate", but maybe heavy spenders did ok out of it.

NickB Dec 1, 2018 5:35 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 30486744)
No individual targets for many (most?).

Not really what we've come to expect from "Accelerate", but maybe heavy spenders did ok out of it.

OK. I did not follow what was said on FT about it and did not realise that many people did not get individual targets. I got individual targets and people I know did too so I was under the impression that everyone did.

TheWiseOne Dec 13, 2018 8:37 am

I have a $10k stay coming up in Feb so I am hoping for unlimited double points as the accelerate offers usually require multiple stays in different brands than a single big hit. That said, the offer I miss most is Into the Nights. As there were a few times I did four stays for about £150 in total that gave me 2 nights in any category.

cln Dec 18, 2018 9:06 am

I am one stay away from plat.. I always had great accelerate offers on gold for me and the wifes account. I hope they announce the new promo very soon so i can get the gold offers but also make platinum...

Anyone remembers when they announced q1 promo last year ?

edit: found the answer. Last year q1 promo was announced Dec 7th

Hiltons q1 promo announced...

FlyerTalker688786 Dec 18, 2018 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by cln (Post 30548938)
Anyone remembers when they announced q1 promo last year ?

edit: found the answer. Last year q1 promo was announced Dec 7th

Hiltons q1 promo announced...

yes Hilton Q1 looks nice. 2k per stay and additional 10k for 5stays or 10 nights. So 5 stays for 20K points, not bad at all.

FlightorFight Dec 29, 2018 3:06 am

New Accelerate for 2019 starts soon.

-Registration&booking starts Jan7.
-First night stay starts Jan15.

I'm also waiting for this promo. Asked mgr at Holiday Inn I'm staying at and this info was just internally released yesterday.

Subman Dec 29, 2018 8:51 am

Originally Posted by FlightorFight (Post 30584364)
New Accelerate for 2019 starts soon.

-Registration&booking starts Jan7.
-First night stay starts Jan15.

I'm also waiting for this promo. Asked mgr at Holiday Inn I'm staying at and this info was just internally released yesterday.

Thanks- any idea whether it will have individual bonus targets, or another double points like last time?

Also, am I right in thinking existing reservations usually count for Accelerate -so long as register ?

Tks

MikeFromTokyo Dec 29, 2018 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Subman (Post 30584971)
Thanks- any idea whether it will have individual bonus targets, or another double points like last time?

Also, am I right in thinking existing reservations usually count for Accelerate -so long as register ?

The most recent double point promotion was not “Accelerate,” so most likely this upcoming promotion will have individual, targeted offers.

The second question depends on terms and conditions. If it only specifies stay dates, then in my experience pre existing reservations will qualify. If the terms and conditions stipulate that you need to “book and stay” during the promotional period, there is at least some risk that pre existing bookings could be deemed ineligible. In the latter case, I would cancel and rebook reservations if possible (at same rate, etc...).