Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4th Night Free using points

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...ht-free-2.html

more discussion about the same feature
Old Apr 30, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
I have a similar question... I was approved for this new card about 10 days ago. I think the card is in my mailbox now (won't be home for another few days). What is unique for me is that I have the old IHG club card, and I just checked - the old card is still associated with my IHG account. I also tried to make a dummy 4-night booking and did not get the 4th night free.

Question is - when will my IHG account show the link to the new card? (Or will it? Since I still have the old card...). Any datapoints from people who have the old card and just got approved for the new one?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
All in the other tread
1) I have the old/ new
2) didn't get the new one for a while (different story) but was able to get 4th night free (after a week or so)
Old May 2, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
OK, I was approved for the new card around the 25th and it took 5-7 days but now the 4th night free is showing up before the payment page if I attempt a booking for four nights. I haven't received the card yet or switched the credit card linked to the IHG account yet.
Old May 3, 2018, 1:56 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jphripjah
[...] now the 4th night free is showing up before the payment page if I attempt a booking for four nights. I haven't received the card yet or switched the credit card linked to the IHG account yet.
Since you have not switched the credit card linked to the account, it seems obvious that putting the new card on the account is not required. (In other words, the much-maligned IHG IT folks are working behind the scenes.) Thanks for the data point.

Now if someone could confirm that the 10% points rebate from the old credit card remained in effect even after the 4th night free benefit appeared, that would be great.
Old May 3, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by serpens
Since you have not switched the credit card linked to the account, it seems obvious that putting the new card on the account is not required.
Yeah, that was dubious info that the Chase or IHG phone rep gave me.
Old May 4, 2018, 5:21 pm

I have the new card and rebooked a 4 night stay at the IC Davos previously booked with 200k points. The website recognized that I had the card without me registering it. The booking engine reduced the price from 200k to 150k automatically. This is working as it should.
ARR72 likes this.
Old May 7, 2018, 6:24 am

I had a 4nt reservation booked at the Indigo Nashville a month ago. Problem is now I got the new card I was going to double book but it’s telling me there’s no reward nights. I’m afraid to cancel the original reservation . Should I call and see if they can change it online and give me the 4th night free
Old May 7, 2018, 6:31 am

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
Originally Posted by ross11988
I had a 4nt reservation booked at the Indigo Nashville a month ago. Problem is now I got the new card I was going to double book but it’s telling me there’s no reward nights. I’m afraid to cancel the original reservation . Should I call and see if they can change it online and give me the 4th night free
I have the same problem! In fact, I have the additional problem of 2 current reservations (1 x 1 night and 1 x 2 night back to back) at a really popular hotel with only 2 rooms of this type. 40K points per night. I'm afraid to cancel, and based on my experience with the reservation people at IHG, I'm afraid to call them either... The 'good problem' is that there are no availability for the 4th night, so I can't do anything anyway. :-) But I figure if something comes up, I have to jump on it quick!
Old May 13, 2018, 10:19 pm

Does the 4th night free have to be booked online?

I've got four consecutive one night bookings currently booked on points at Intercontinental Yokohama in June. But now one of those nights has a very high nightly rate showing and no additional rewards night availability.

Is there any way to "convert" my bookings to a single 4th night free booking, without having to cancel the four nights and then risk that the room I cancel won't go back into rewards night inventory?

Should I try calling or emailing IHG or the property directly for this?
Old Jun 18, 2018, 12:09 am

Programs: DL ✈️
Was anyone able to filter results to support 4th reward night free? Either kimpton are excluded or the system doesnt recognize my card as the new one (had it from last year, but chase shows it with the new name)
Old Jun 20, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by serpens
Now if someone could confirm that the 10% points rebate from the old credit card remained in effect even after the 4th night free benefit appeared, that would be great.
Anyone been able to verify the double dip yet?
Old Jul 22, 2018, 6:32 pm

Does the secondary card holder also get status and can avail of 4th night free if paid with the new card? Thanks
Old Jul 26, 2018, 11:06 pm

From my understanding, only primary card holder get status and benefits.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by rocket69
Does the secondary card holder also get status and can avail of 4th night free if paid with the new card? Thanks
IHG elite status is not given to authorized user cardholders. Also, the 4th night free feature is only for Reward Nights - so the required points for 3 of the 4 nights would have to be in the primary cardholder's IHG account in order to book it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.