Search

Chase IHG Traveler Card's "Fourth Reward Night Free"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:24 am
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:51 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by mster
How many days from card approval date until "Fourth Reward Night Free" functionality became available for you?
not 100% sure as a lot of things happened back then (Chase shutdown) but I think I tried it the first time around 5 days after the card showed in my online account
Old Apr 26, 2018, 5:28 am

How many days from card approval date until "Fourth Reward Night Free" functionality became available for you?
​​​​​​​
I applied 4/15, was approved (card appeared in chase account) 4/17, "pltn upgrade" appeared in IHG activity (seemingly indicating they know I have the card) 4/21, 4th night free started working eother 4/25 or 4/26.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 5:36 am

Just confirmed that the 4th night free works on Pointbreaks bookings. Maybe I'm the only paranoid soul who was worried that it wouldn't, but it's nice to have confirmation.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 8:48 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
So if one holds the new card with this benefit AND holds the old legacy cc with the 10% points rebate on award stays... will we be able to 'double dip'?
This is exactly the question I have been wanting answered. Thanks for asking, TravelinSperry, and thanks in advance to whoever answers it.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 8:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by stets
Just confirmed that the 4th night free works on Pointbreaks bookings. Maybe I'm the only paranoid soul who was worried that it wouldn't, but it's nice to have confirmation.
When you say confirmed, do you mean that you asked and got an answer or that you actually made the booking?
Old Apr 26, 2018, 8:52 am

Didn't get instant approval, but card showed up on my Chase page two or three days later. Did the booking about 5 days after that without having the physical
​​​​​​​card in hand.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by serpens
When you say confirmed, do you mean that you asked and got an answer or that you actually made the booking?
Made a dummy booking at one of the few remaining PB's from the feb-apr period.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
BTW I booked the 4th night free 2 days before the "pltn upgrade" (was already Spire) showed up on my account.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:40 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by stets
Made a dummy booking at one of the few remaining PB's from the feb-apr period.
Thanks; that's better than a phone answer.
Old May 2, 2018, 5:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist

For me it was 5-7 days and before I received the card. I haven't added the card number to my online IHG account yet, but IHG seems to know that I'm a cardholder and is now offering 4th night free.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Silver, BA, AA, FlyingBlue, IberiaPlus,Wyndham Rewards
Originally Posted by jphripjah
For me it was 5-7 days and before I received the card. I haven't added the card number to my online IHG account yet, but IHG seems to know that I'm a cardholder and is now offering 4th night free.
For me, it was the 12th day after approval (not including day of approval) when I was able to book the 4th night free on points. The date of approval was a Saturday, so that may have something to do with why it took longer for my account to reflect the 4th night free benefit. It was still within 9 business days. I too am still waiting for the card to show up in the mail.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by blitzen

yes I do but my stays are way in the future and the 10% (or 20% if Ambassador on top) are only reimbursed after completing the stay.
I stayed four nights at Holiday Inn Osaka Namba in June.

The hotel costs 40,000 points per night.

I was charged for only 3 nights (120,000 points) as an IHG Premier credit card holder.

I received a 10% rebate (12,000 points) as an Ambassador member.

I also received an additional 10% rebate (12,000 points) as an IHG select credit card holder.

So it cost me 96,000 points total (24,000 points per night) for the four nights, a 40% discount.
uastarflyer and blitzen like this.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 9:13 am

I was considering getting this card for this benefit, but i'm noticing that the availability of awards nights is not great (for certain destination IC properties). And when I do find some availability the redemption value does not seem that great (ex. IC Chicago for 50k, when it retails for $200). My wife and I both have the Select Card and plan on keeping that benefit $49 for annual certificate x 2 (capped at 40k redemption now). I'm will be planning a trip in 2 years or so for our 10 year anniversary (Tahiti/BoraBora) and was looking at this benefit, but just spot checking dates it does not appear that any rewards days are available. I think I may be better off upgrading to Ambassador status and using a BOGO certificate. Just wanted to get an opinion on people who have used this perk to see if they had difficulties finding availability that makes sense on a value per point basis.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by pdragn78
I was considering getting this card for this benefit, but i'm noticing that the availability of awards nights is not great (for certain destination IC properties). And when I do find some availability the redemption value does not seem that great (ex. IC Chicago for 50k, when it retails for $200). My wife and I both have the Select Card and plan on keeping that benefit $49 for annual certificate x 2 (capped at 40k redemption now). I'm will be planning a trip in 2 years or so for our 10 year anniversary (Tahiti/BoraBora) and was looking at this benefit, but just spot checking dates it does not appear that any rewards days are available. I think I may be better off upgrading to Ambassador status and using a BOGO certificate. Just wanted to get an opinion on people who have used this perk to see if they had difficulties finding availability that makes sense on a value per point basis.
Bora Bora and Tahiti are notoriously difficult to book on points. Same with BOGO certificate. Personally, there's probably sufficient value to the card even if you are only able to use the 4th night free benefit just once evey other year. That's assuming you can use all 3-4 free night certs (your two existing plus one or two from new Premier(s)) every year. I think you won't have a hard time getting $89 value out of a free night cert, but even if you only get $70 value at a HIX, if you occasionally use the 4th night benefit you get the full value from an additional free night. It all depends entirely on your travel patterns and the availability/desire to stay at IHG properties, and only you can answer that. For me, it's not something I will need to use every year to get net value, it isn't even something I need to maximize on a value per point basis, particularly with the current 100k signup bonus.

If you're looking only to do high redemptions at luxury properties, then you're using the wrong hotel chain in the first place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.