Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:22 am

InterContinental Düsseldorf

Were you generally happy with the hotel?
Yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Deluxe Room ---> Executive Suite (standard 2-category upgrade)
Upgrade grid as follows: Superior -> Deluxe -> Executive -> Suite; Club -> Executive -> Suite

How was the room?
ca. 60 sqm, high floor and beautifully designed. Furniture in very good condition. Bed was comfortable.
I had a balcony to the Königsallee, which was fine. Awesome conditioning system, 16°C in bed room is no problem

How is the exec. lounge?
Staff is very attentive and friendly, on the second floor, also beautifully designed with good acoustic in the atrium.
Breakfast: 6.30-11am. No choice between restaurant & club.
Tea time: 2-5pm. Offering was decent, little pastries and sandwiches.
Happy hour from 5 to 8pm, light dinner from 6 to 8pm: Tuna, fillet of beef, cod fillet, oysters, meatloaf.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Standard ambassador treatment.

How was the mini-bar?
Decent. 3x beer, white wine, 7x hard liqueur (Absolut Vodka, Jack Daniel's, Jonnie Walker, Jägermeister, Killepitsch, 2x Gordon's Gin), red wine, 2x Red Bull, juices and other soft drinks, peanuts, Toblerone, Hanuta, etc.

What was good?
-There weren't charged any snacks from the mini-bar.
-Very attentive restaurant and lounge staff.
-Room was in extremely good condition
-I prefer a light dinner in the lounge instead of this 'no choice-2x3 canapés+bread & cheese' of IC Berlin.
-balcony

What was bad?
-No breakfast in restaurant.
​​
Value for $?
Very good value with RA if one take in consideration that there are not many 5-star-properties in Düsseldorf, so price discrepancy between luxury hotels and 4-star-hotels is way higher than in Berlin.
Without RA I would have chosen a lower category property.
Paid 160EUR per night.

Would you return?
Yes!

FLYGVA, #1son, EmeraldLady and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Cielito_; Jun 6, 2018 at 5:29 am
Old Jun 4, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Intercontinental Medellin

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
For the cost, yeah.

Booked cheapest and received a large suite with a bedroom and a seperate living room area

How are the rooms?
- Not recently refurbished, bit out dated.
- Full bathtub
- Walk in shower
- Office work desk
- Sofa
Overall, they're fine, nothing too fancy but fine.

How is the exec. lounge?
Breakfast had a small selection but made to order eggs if required. You can actually site outside on a sort of terrace here which was a nice change. For dinner, I didnt eat but the options looked reasonable for snacks.

Come to think of it... I don't think so!

How was the minibar?
Fair selection of spirits, beers, water, juice, coke etc...

It did have a full size bottle of aguadiente that was included in the free minibar...

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
- Breakfast in main restaurant or Club Lounge
- Lounge wasn't bad!
- Pretty cheap rate at times

-Bad
- Maybe I didnt receive a welcome gift?

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
I paid approx $100 / night which i found pretty reasonable.

Would you return?
Yeah, I will be in a couple of months.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Intercontinental Cali

Eh...not massively

Booked cheapest and receive a suite, a seperate bedroom and living room area

How are the rooms?
Out dated but large. They have a work desk, full bath and a walk in shower

How is the exec. lounge?
F****ing awful. It's a joke.

Nope, I don't think so!

How was the minibar?
Fine, standard Spirits, Beers, Soft drinks and proactively refilled each day.

-Good

-Bad
- Lounge, just terrible
- Pool doesn't open until 9am which isn't ideal if you want to swim before work

Yeah... it's cheap...

Would you return?
Sure I will in a couple of months. But mainly due to lack of competition in hotels.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 3:41 pm

Programs: IC Dia RA / Marriott LT Plat / WOH Globalist / Hilton Diamond / OZ Diamond Plus
IC San Francisco

Yes

Booked Cheapest, Received Junior Suite

How are the rooms?
Spacious, Nice view

How is the exec. lounge?
Great service and food. They offer sparkling wine at Breakfast.

Chocolate tin. It's same as the IC LA DOWNTOWN.

How was the minibar?
Best. Many liquors.

-Good
- Club lounge
- Minibar
- View
- Spacious Room
- Friendly staffs
- Near parking lot

-Bad
Nothing

Great

Would you return?
Sure!
FLYGVA likes this.

Last edited by scienm; Jun 19, 2018 at 7:41 pm
Old Jun 6, 2018, 5:45 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
IC Beijing Beichen

IC Beijing Beichen
Yes -- more or less

Booked 2 Double Beds Deluxe Room at the Govt Rate, received 2 Double Beds Club Room with views of the Bird's Nest/Olympic Park. Mediocre upgrade, but I imagine it it considered a "2 Cat Upgrade"

How are the rooms?
Pretty standard but the view of the Bird's Nest was amazing!! Plenty of outlets that fit US devices but only one near the beds. Can't control the temperature in the room, though - just on or off.

How is the exec. lounge?
It was pretty great. For breakfast we had the choice of the restaurant or the lounge, but the lounge had a great variety of everything (Western, Chinese, lots of fruit and vegetables, bread, croissants) plus a chef right there for cooked to order eggs so we never made it to the restaurant. Cocktail hour from 6 - 8pm had a lot of Chinese and Western items that rotated every night. Self-Serve liquor, wine, beer, sparkling wine.

Fruit plus a chocolate bird's nest (high quality milk chocolate - it was actually delicious),3 macarons, sparkling water and a stuffed monkey in a pink IC shirt - totally cute (I was traveling with my 18 year old niece and she immediately confiscated the monkey) .

How was the minibar?
375 ml bottles of red and white wine. No champagne or sparkling wine. Very small selection of liquor. One can of Heineken, one can of Tsing Tao. Badoit sparkling water

-Good:
- I know people have complained that the location isn't very central. We had a private tour guide in Beijing so I wasn't too concerned about being far from the center of the city. The location actually turned out great because there was always a lot going on at night at the Olympic Village. Ballroom dancers, break dancers, traditional Chinese dancers, kids learning hip hop... it was just really cool to walk around and see everything going on.
- Club Lounge is great
-- Views of the Bird's Nest and Water Cube
-- The staff is friendly and helpful
​​​​-- Water is replaced everyday which is good because there are signs that say don't drink the tap water

-Bad
-- 2 category upgrade is questionable
-- Emailed the hotel prior to arrival to let them know arrival time/bed requests and never heard back from them

Yes

Would you return?
If I ever returned to Beijing, yes! Loved the lounge and being close to the Olympic Village. So much action going on there at night
FLYGVA likes this.

Last edited by VaBeachGirl; Jun 6, 2018 at 6:15 am
Old Jun 6, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
IC Shanghai Ruijin

IC Shanghai Ruijin
Yes

Booked InterContinental Business Room at the Govt Rate, received InterContinental Deluxe Garden Room View with 2 double beds (this room was in the main building with the reception area and main restaurant). Possibly a mediocre upgrade - but not sure? It looks like the room categories are intentionally vague for reasons like this?

How are the rooms?
Pretty standard but the view of the Garden Courtyard with the towers of Shanghai in the background were really nice. Plenty of outlets that fit US devices but only one near the beds.

How is the exec. lounge?
For a 3 night stay, we only were able to go once at night (late arrival the first night, Disney on the third night). The lounge was in a different building from the main building and it is about a 4- 5 minute walk from the it. Cocktail hour was from 530pm - 8pm. It had a lot of Chinese and Western items plus so much amazing seafood! Shrimp, mussels, tiny conch types, crab legs!! Full Service liquor, wine, beer, sparkling wine.

For breakfast we had the choice of the restaurant or the lounge. The restaurant was in the same building as our room so we just went there every morning. The restaurant for breakfast was amazing - so many choices of everything!

Pretty sure my welcome gift was the same thing IC RA sent us in our welcome kit... a business card holder. Also receive fruit but that was it. Lots of water in the room though, that was replaced daily.

How was the minibar?
375 ml bottles of red and white wine. No champagne or sparkling wine. Very small selection of liquor. One can of Heineken, one bottle of Tsing Tao, one bottle of Perrier

-Good:
-The location is in the French Quarter so there is a lot going on right outside the hotel. We visited the TianZiFang shopping streets which were a few minutes away walking from the hotel and it was really cool.
- Club Lounge has a lot of atmosphere plus great food at night!
-- The property is just beautiful and has a lot of history. It's comprised of different historic buildings in a garden setting. High Rise Buildings are nearby but you'd never know it inside the property. I've never stayed at an IC city property like this!
-- The staff is extremely friendly and helpful
​​​​-- Water is replaced everyday

-Bad
-- 2 category upgrade is questionable
-- Emailed the hotel prior to arrival to let them know arrival time/bed requests and never heard back from them

Yes

Would you return?
Definitely!
FLYGVA, turner32 and EmeraldLady like this.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 2:47 pm

IC Park Lane

Were you generally happy with the hotel?
Yes.

Classic 1 night Points 2 nights Revenue -> One Bed Suite (4 cat upgrade) for entire stay + all RA benefits from night 1.

How was the room?
Quite large, probably 45m2 total with a sitting room with sofa, coffe table and work desk. 50" TV.
Refubrished in the London style. Bed was a bit on the hard side. View over the 4S across the street from both rooms.
In very good condition. Nice large bathroom for this hotel.

How is the exec. lounge?
Probably one of the best? Only used at breakfast but that was outstanding. Super attentive staff. Extensive breakfast buffet. Made to order items a la plenty.
Views over St James Park are lovely, and sometimes you catch the Horse Guards Parade on their way down to salute the Queen.

An IC cookie, Short Bread Cookies, bottle of water.

How was the mini-bar?
Well stocked with half bottles of Champagne Perrier Jouet. Absolut Vodka (which is a bit poor).

What was good?
Everything!
- The warm welcome back greet (several staff knowing my name, and I've not stayed this year yet).
- Very generous upgrade
- RA benefits applied entire stay (granted, I arrived late so it kind of made sense)
- Gym
- Breakfast in Club Lounge

What was bad?
I suppose the only negative was on the last morning when my neighbours in the connecting room could be heard clearly.
​​
Value for $?
Yes. Very good as RA. But a factor here is probably that I've been a heavy regular the last 3 years and had sporadic stays the years before.

Would you return?
Can't wait!
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by CMK10
Good
When they were unable to upgrade me they gave me breakfast instead. As it was just me and I was only using the room to sleep, a $25 buffet breakfast was a really nice treat.
If you read back through the other NO posts, you'll see that RA's get free breakfast anyways. And when I asked for more coupons they just handed me a bunch. If this was a paid stay, you should have absolutely gotten an upgrade. They are supposed to have that pre-fixed for RA's. But your signature says you are Ambassador, eh? Are you posting in the wrong thread?
Old Jun 18, 2018, 4:25 am

Grand IC Parnas - Seoul

Very

Booked cheapest and got something which looked like a junior suite (not sure how they call the room)

How are the rooms?
About twice the size of a regular room, comfortable and good size
Bathroom with separate shower and tub, spacious

How is the exec. lounge?
Very nice. Good selection for high tea and happy hour. Several warm and cold dishes, good quality and quantity.
Perfect service
Choice of breakfast in the lounge or in main restaurant (choices there are a bit limited)

A small box with truffles, a container with cookies and a good size fruit basket

How was the minibar?
About average

-Good
Location close to a subway station and a major underground shopping mall
Perfect service everywhere
Great Club lounge
Steamroom and Sauna very nice

-Bad
Limousine Bus to the hotel now goes from Terminal 1 to T2 first - takes even longer than before. Same on the way back. T2, then T1. If you fly in and out of T1 you might take the bus to the air terminal next door wand walk over.

It is not cheap but the price is justified

Would you return?[
Absolutely
FLYGVA likes this.

Last edited by Unterwegs; Jun 18, 2018 at 4:42 am
Old Jun 18, 2018, 4:40 am

ANA InterContinental Manza Beach Resort

ANA InterContinental Manza Beach Resort

No

Booked cheapest and got 'upgrade' to a room with a better view

How are the rooms?
Tired and sad.
Fabrics on the furniture had big stains, floor covering was partially dissolving and dirty. Wooden parts were damaged and worn.
Room was small. Tiny bathroom with tub/shower combo and Toto toilet. Sink was in the hallway.
Floor covering is a tripping hazard

How is the exec. lounge?
A joke. They should be embarrassed letting guest see the space. Furniture with stains on the fabric, dirty carpet, small. Offerings nowhere near to what seems to be the required standard in selection, quality and quantity. Friendly staff.
A new club lounge should open soon.

Two small pieces of plastic fabric around 10 x 10 cm. Did not take

How was the minibar?
Below average

-Good
Beach with lots of potential activities (prices are high)

-Bad
Beach too far from hotel (the offer a shuttle bus)
Rooms
Upgrade
Lounge
Inconvenient limousine bus schedule (for flights leaving before noon need to take taxi)

Far too expensive for the rundown room and the offerings

Would you return?[/QUOTE]
No
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 4:44 am

IC Bangkok

IC Bangkok

Very

Nothing has really changed. Club lounge offerings are even better than before. Same upgrade policy etc
(Don't need to repeat what was written in the past reviews.

Would you return?
Of course
Old Jul 12, 2018, 4:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, GF Silver, IC Royal Ambass, Marriott Gold, TK Elite
IC Moscow Tverskaya

IC Moscow Tverskaya

Yes

Booked standard club room and got 2 category upgrade to Pushkin Suite

How are the rooms?
Well furnished. Classical style. Wooden floors. Large living room and work area with great views overlooking the main Tverskaya Street. Good sized bedroom and large bathroom with heated floor (in winter). Walk in shower and bath tub. Some rooms have the Japanese all-singing all-dancing toto toilets, some do not. Good sized walk in dressing area and wardrobe.

How is the exec. lounge?
Very good and staff are excellent. the lounge serves breakfast and evening meal. Breakfast is a buffet selection as well as cooked items from an a la carte menu. Evening service consists of cocktails and a good selection of hot and cold food, enough to have a proper meal. Tea, coffee and soft drinks are available throughout the day.

Yes. Bottle of wine, fruit bowl and sometimes a local handicraft gift

How was the minibar?
Good. Prosecco, Budweiser beer, soft drinks, juice, water and wine. Generally replenished most days.

-Good
Room size and comfort

-Bad
Nothing really bad although the hotel restaurant only opens for breakfast. Rest of the day lunch and dinner is served in the lobby bar.

Good

Would you return?
Yes. I have had 9 stays there this year
Y

FLYGVA likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nairobi

Yes

Booked standard, received deluxe suite

How are the rooms?
Newly renovated. One normal bedroom, joining another room where the bed was removed and sitting furniture added. Two new mini-bars. Bathrooms are also renovated and the water pressure is vastly improved from years past. Temperature control is better too.

How is the exec. lounge?
Service was always great here and now it is better. Most everything is brought out from the kitchen and there is a cocktail stand in the evening where they mix a set of set cocktails, including Dawa's.

Bottle of red wine and fruit.

How was the minibar?
Much improved with red and white wine and beer. But still no hard liquor.

-Good
A great hotel is even better now, which is amazing as the rates have declined quite a bit due to competition. It's really cheap on the weekends.

The outdoor bar area has a giant screen TV and was packed for the WC matches.

-Bad
The Italian restaurant is closed as is the Safari bar. But the outdoor pool bar has been expanded and they have a remote kitchen outside too.
They stop serving alcohol in the club at 8pm. In the past I recall drinking there past 11pm. Or perhaps they just were more lax with the rules back then.

Yes, very much a value.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: LH HON, Discovery Black, IHG Spire, random stuff at Accor, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Hertz, Sixt
Originally Posted by stimpy
The Italian restaurant is closed [...]
Are you referring to the one on the top floor? As of last year they were planning to move the gym up there - did you notice any refurb going on?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sultanbinaber
Are you referring to the one on the top floor? As of last year they were planning to move the gym up there - did you notice any refurb going on?
No the gym in still in the basement. I've posted an update to the master thread
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...ad-merged.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.