Old Jun 4, 18, 5:22 am
Cielito_

InterContinental Düsseldorf

Were you generally happy with the hotel?
Yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Deluxe Room ---> Executive Suite (standard 2-category upgrade)
Upgrade grid as follows: Superior -> Deluxe -> Executive -> Suite; Club -> Executive -> Suite

How was the room?
ca. 60 sqm, high floor and beautifully designed. Furniture in very good condition. Bed was comfortable.
I had a balcony to the Königsallee, which was fine. Awesome conditioning system, 16°C in bed room is no problem

How is the exec. lounge?
Staff is very attentive and friendly, on the second floor, also beautifully designed with good acoustic in the atrium.
Breakfast: 6.30-11am. No choice between restaurant & club.
Tea time: 2-5pm. Offering was decent, little pastries and sandwiches.
Happy hour from 5 to 8pm, light dinner from 6 to 8pm: Tuna, fillet of beef, cod fillet, oysters, meatloaf.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Standard ambassador treatment.

How was the mini-bar?
Decent. 3x beer, white wine, 7x hard liqueur (Absolut Vodka, Jack Daniel's, Jonnie Walker, Jägermeister, Killepitsch, 2x Gordon's Gin), red wine, 2x Red Bull, juices and other soft drinks, peanuts, Toblerone, Hanuta, etc.

What was good?
-There weren't charged any snacks from the mini-bar.
-Very attentive restaurant and lounge staff.
-Room was in extremely good condition
-I prefer a light dinner in the lounge instead of this 'no choice-2x3 canapés+bread & cheese' of IC Berlin.
-balcony

What was bad?
-No breakfast in restaurant.
​​
Value for $?
Very good value with RA if one take in consideration that there are not many 5-star-properties in Düsseldorf, so price discrepancy between luxury hotels and 4-star-hotels is way higher than in Berlin.
Without RA I would have chosen a lower category property.
Paid 160EUR per night.

Would you return?
Yes!

Last edited by Cielito_; Jun 6, 18 at 5:29 am