Intercontinental London Park Lane

One Hamilton Place / Park Lane,
Mayfair, London W1J 7QY,
United Kingdom
Tel +44 20 74093131

Link to hotel:
http://parklane.intercontinental.com/

Next tube / subway station:
Hyde Park Corner served by Piccadilly Line (serving LHR)
Green Park served by Piccadilly Line, Victoria Line and Jubillee Line

Does not honor Royal Ambassador Benefits on award stays

Older discussion about this hotel:
(url=http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1836668-ic-london-park-lane-master-thread-archive-tread.html]Archive Thread[/url]
Print Wikipost

IC London Park Lane Master Thread (Archive Tread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2011, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by markdg
You do, don't worry. You'll only get 3000k base points, but you will get any bonuses that kick in as a result of your stay

You should get an Exec if you've booked a Deluxe - yes.
Sorry - I thought you only got the Base points when staying at ICs - Mr qc only received bonus points when staying at other brands so it must have just been a coincidence.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 6:11 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Originally Posted by quitecontrary
Sorry - I thought you only got the Base points when staying at ICs - Mr qc only received bonus points when staying at other brands so it must have just been a coincidence.
That's a shame However, yes it should just be a coincidence.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 6:42 am

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
There is also a helpful 2k bonus points on the amb site for stays up to 30th April in addition to the promos i signed up to.

Looking forward to the stay - thankyou guys for the help again ^
Old May 26, 2011, 11:39 am

Studio suite at IC Park Lane

Hi,

I'm currently staying at the InterContinental London Park Lane on a 'Sweet Dilemma' reward (two nights) Thanks to my Royal Ambassador status, I've been upgraded from a classic room to a Studio Suite. Nice!

Video: http://travel.bart.la/2011/05/26/int...-studio-suite/
Old Jun 10, 2011, 8:42 am

Programs: BA Silver, IC Plat Elt, Hilton Diamond, QF silver
IC Park Lane questions

Hi all,

I'm staying at the IC park lane next weekend using a BOGO voucher. Will I still receive all my RA benefits ? Has anybody eaten at the restaurant, I here is gets good reviews?

Kind regards

Sualg
Old Jun 10, 2011, 9:26 am

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
That particular has been quite good in honoring all benefits on BOGO for RA's based on feedback in these forums, including upgrades.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ad-merged.html

I ate at Theo's restaurant, very nice. They have a very decent set menu also, excellent price. We were both stuffed afterwards and rolled back up to our room satisfied lol.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 1:49 pm

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
The restaurant is very good - good sized portions of 'rustic' Italian cooking. Deserves its Michelin star. The atmosphere is not great (IMHO) - it is a large room that is brightly lit and can be noisy. Tables for couples often involve a shared banquette and are close together. Prices very fair for quality and a good and varied wine list. I have been back several times - clearly i'm happy with it
Old Aug 1, 2011, 10:30 am

Today I noticed, starting on June 15th 2012 and through the end of the booking window, this hotel is not showing availability on IHG websites. It is still available on other sites like Priceline and Booking.com.
Sample:
June 23rd (Classic)
IC = nothing available
PL = $883.00
Booking = 538 GBP
Old Aug 1, 2011, 11:24 am

Programs: ihg plat, hh gold, hertz 5*
Originally Posted by pomkiwi
The restaurant is very good - good sized portions of 'rustic' Italian cooking. Deserves its Michelin star.
It doesn't have one!
Old Aug 1, 2011, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by big_mac
It doesn't have one!

If you want to visit a true Michelin star in London
Old Aug 5, 2011, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i've never stayed at this property before & was thinking of a 3 night stay here in october using my pc visa free night certificate & points for the remaining 2 nights....

what can i expect from this property on an award stay????
Old Aug 8, 2011, 5:36 am

Programs: IHG
I have checked my reservation for this evening (award stay), and it has changed several times from Superior to Executive, and then to One Bedroom Suite. Now it show Deluxe Suite. How is this different from a One Bedroom Suite? Is it better?
Old Aug 8, 2011, 5:42 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Originally Posted by turner32
I have checked my reservation for this evening (award stay), and it has changed several times from Superior to Executive, and then to One Bedroom Suite. Now it show Deluxe Suite. How is this different from a One Bedroom Suite? Is it better?
The info is all in this thread

It's significantly larger than a 1-bed and is IMHO a GREAT suite. Check out post #461 for Sohan's pics of their stay in one
Old Aug 19, 2011, 4:58 am

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge
So after reading the upgrades here and in the experience thread I decided to try and book via virtuoso a deluxe room (which includes right now upgrade on booking and free club) and see what happens.

The day before the arrival the room changed to Executive room and when I checked in this morning I was told that this is the right upgrade for me as he RA T&C says either club access, executive room or suite (no longer 2 Level upgrade) and as I have booked via virtuoso rather than via the hotel directly the only upgrade they could give me was to an executive room.

After a little discussion about the upgrade policy and pointing out that I previously even on a bogo (booked executive room) I got a 1 bedroom suite and that usually I wreck up good spends in SPA/Restaurants/Laundry she worked with the computer and found a nice 1 bedroom suite on the 3rd floor for me pointing out that this was an exception as they were not full over the weekend and I has a good spending record here.

I think she felt that I might walk over to another hotel if I only got an executive room which lets face is it just 4 sm2 bigger than a deluxe and not that different.

Now not that I feel I was entitled to a suite but with having the choice between hotels I pick the one that gives me the best treatment.

During the conversion it transpired that their policy seams to be either RA upgrade or virtuoso upgrade but not both. Yes RA benefits still apply.

She advised me that I would need to book an executive room in future to get a suite with club access. Kind of strange giving other peoples feedback.

Now she was very professional through the conversation and very helpful but it was the first time in all my years as RA that I actually had a longer conversation about my room upgrade. Usually I get what I want without even talking to them with check-in in the room or lounge.

Now I'm in the lounge and the service is as usual excellent in very bright sunshine.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 12:08 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
cinema suite (room 620)

Didn't scan all the pages of this thread, but I havn't seen much mention of the Cinema suite. An accumulation of circumstances resulted in me getting this great room for my stay.

I had orginally been assigned a room here via priceline, at a £131 rate for 2 nights. On contacting the hotel with my RA number, they upped me to an exec. Phoning them the night before to advise of a late checkin, i saw the room being changed to a 1-bed suite. At check-in,there was a problem with the room, hotel must have been pretty full, so eventually after a wait I got what was referred to as the media suite. I have later found out this is actually one of the 4 signature suites in the hotel, Royal, Wellington, London, and this one....the cinema suite.

Room, as given to us was a massive 1 bedroom suite. It also had a guest bathroom. Don't know if it is common in all bathrooms, but the shower in this one had a ten-point power shower, with rainfall shower too. Two large wardrobes in the bedroom, plus another large one in the hallway towards the guest bathroom. here are some pictures I took (I hope pictures are ok on here).

I also took a video (living room only) that can be viewed here:-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUGRT...ature=youtu.be

In that video there is a closed door in the living room. This door was locked for us. behind it is a private screen room, with 6 leather seats and 70K worth of audio/video equipment, that can been seen in the following video at 1:14.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoANYnnTZ5A

Really pleased to get this unusual and high grade upgrade, on my first ever stay at the park lane, and my first stay as an RA. Apparently the going rate for this room with access to the cinema area, is £3500 a night !

Problem is, I think it has to be all downhill from here on for my RA experiences !

Last edited by tangey; Sep 19, 2011 at 1:12 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.