Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Madrid Master Thread (Archive Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2009, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I stayed here earlier in Sept. Was upgraded to a decent room as a Platinum Ambassador. Courtyard facing but it was fine and the room was spacious.

Disappointingly, I did not receive my ambassador amenity upon checkin. Inquired at the front desk the next morning and was told it would be sent up. It was never sent up.

Have since alerted ICHG customer service who sent it over to the hotel who has yet to respond.

Otherwise, i liked the hotel and location even if it was a bit quiet of a location on the weekend. good access to the subway system.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 3:09 pm

Are they now in midst of renovation?
Old Dec 14, 2009, 9:23 am

Programs: AA/EP, PC/RA
Originally Posted by best
Are they now in midst of renovation?
Just there last week, and i didn't see any sign of a renovation, that said i know i've been in the process of updating some older rooms, but defiantly nothing major. I didn't hear any construction noises at night if that's what you're worried about.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by OskiBear
Disappointingly, I did not receive my ambassador amenity
It's chocolate.
Well, maybe you have eaten them without even having noticed that it was actually your Ambassador welcome gift...
Old Dec 14, 2009, 1:39 pm

Last time I received a bottle of olive oil...2 in fact after I pointed out it was "expired" per the date.
Old May 21, 2010, 10:47 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Just checked in for a 399€ + tax room. Simple room,with clubaccess. No amb kit, so I called. Got 1 bottle of water, 3 fruits and a chocolate set.
Nobody had heard of the complimentary dinner offerd upto 3 july for AMBs.
Not impressed (hotel is full due to Championsleague final/soccer)
Old May 22, 2010, 3:39 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by travelkid
Just checked in for a 399€ + tax room. Simple room,with clubaccess. No amb kit, so I called. Got 1 bottle of water, 3 fruits and a chocolate set.
Nobody had heard of the complimentary dinner offerd upto 3 july for AMBs.
Not impressed (hotel is full due to Championsleague final/soccer)
What kind of offer is this - free dinner (also see other tbread)? Can't find it on the Amb Site.

What room did you book? For a "simple" amb a club rooms seems quite good, no?
Old May 22, 2010, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
For a "simple" amb a club rooms seems quite good, no?
In MAD nobody ever asked me whether I was entitled or not for the club
Old Jun 1, 2010, 10:31 am

Any RAs stayed here recently (or AMBs on non-champions league final night?)

I've got a couple of nights booked for early July, trying to work out whether I'm in danger of making the same mistake I made at the IC London - ie booking the more expensive room when a lesser room would have yielded the same room after upgrade.

I booked a Club room on best flex, which has since been upgraded to a Club King. The difference appears to be negligible and there seems to be a pattern of some RAs being given Club rooms even on bookings for ordinary rooms. I'm happy to pay for what I want and accept any upgrade as a plus, which is the only way of being happy IMO, but if I'm likely to get just the upgrade my reservation is showing and no more, I really may as well have booked the lowest rate!

Anyone with any recent experience?
Old Jun 7, 2010, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by jimthehorsegod
Any RAs stayed here recently (or AMBs on non-champions league final night?)

I've got a couple of nights booked for early July, trying to work out whether I'm in danger of making the same mistake I made at the IC London - ie booking the more expensive room when a lesser room would have yielded the same room after upgrade.

I booked a Club room on best flex, which has since been upgraded to a Club King. The difference appears to be negligible and there seems to be a pattern of some RAs being given Club rooms even on bookings for ordinary rooms. I'm happy to pay for what I want and accept any upgrade as a plus, which is the only way of being happy IMO, but if I'm likely to get just the upgrade my reservation is showing and no more, I really may as well have booked the lowest rate!

Anyone with any recent experience?
OK, perhaps a little too specific.

More generally then, what do we think of Breakfast here?
Old Jun 7, 2010, 1:18 pm

Last year I booked a standard room on the FF rate and got a club room with access. I enjoy breakfast there. Good fresh OJ, and a fair amount of hot and cold items. It does not blow my socks off but it is pretty decent.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 2:58 pm

Programs: Intercontinental RA, PC Plat, AX EX Plat, Priority Pass Elite
Intercontinental Madrid.....

I have booked a standard room here later in the month. I have been upgraded to a Club Room with Lounge access as RA. This shows on my reservation page.
They told me as RA if I book standard = Club Room. Book a Club Room = Junior Suite.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 4:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
What kind of offer is this - free dinner (also see other tbread)? Can't find it on the Amb Site.

What room did you book? For a "simple" amb a club rooms seems quite good, no?
Couldnt find the free dinner myself on the website, but it is clearly stated in the ambassador paperstatement for 2010.

I scanned it and mailed it to the hotel. The GM himself called me, and had some lousy excuse that it was busy due to the CL final.

Anyway he has promised me proper royal treatment, dinner and upgrade on next stay. And with your help Im even RA by then^

Im not sure what room I booked, but paid 400€ + tax a night. As they had been sold out since last year, thats what was on offer.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by stephen77
I have booked a standard room here later in the month. I have been upgraded to a Club Room with Lounge access as RA. This shows on my reservation page.
They told me as RA if I book standard = Club Room. Book a Club Room = Junior Suite.
Anyone know whether the junior suite is any good? I'm currently holding a Club room which has been upgraded online to a King Club - but I'd get better value booking a classic double if that means u/g to a standard Club room.

Unless the Jnr suites are good, in which case I'll stay where I am... Oh, decisions...
Old Jun 8, 2010, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by jimthehorsegod
Anyone know whether the junior suite is any good? I'm currently holding a Club room which has been upgraded online to a King Club - but I'd get better value booking a classic double if that means u/g to a standard Club room.

Unless the Jnr suites are good, in which case I'll stay where I am... Oh, decisions...
I think these are the two-room suites with a small narrow sitting room, and external views. There are other, larger suites with balconies over the inner-courtyard.

I have always found the guest relations team at Madrid very helpful - if you are not 100% happy with the room, just let them know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.