Search

Please post your Rewards Club Experiences 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
HI Helsinki Vantaa Airport

HI Helsinki Vantaa Airport

What is your Priority Club status? Spire

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? We booked the cheapest queen nonsmoking and received an upgrade to a king executive nonsmoking.

How are the rooms? Huge - exec rooms are the size of two regular rooms. We had a sitting area with two comfortable arm chairs and a desk. The room that would be the second bathroom was a dressing room/study. It had a comfortable arm chair and another desk. Bathroom amenities were good - shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, soap and body lotion along with a dental kit and a shaving kit and comb. Two bathrobes and two pairs of slippers included.

How is the exec. lounge? NA

What was good and what was bad? The breakfast was great at £17 for the pair of us. The airport shuttle was regular and punctual. Our welcome points posted overnight and we were instructed to help ourselves to the water and chocolate in the mini bar. In room coffee was poor quality and instant but there was hot chocolate, real milk, cookies and a selection of teabags that included breakfast, Earl grey, green and a Kenyan brew that I wasn't familiar with. Hotel was quiet.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? We paid £118 which was fine until I saw the hotel on a recent list of Point Breaks for 5000. Shame our rate was non refundable!
Old Jun 18, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Staybridge Suites-London Stratford

Staybridge Suites-London Stratford

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked studio suite on points, got two category upgrade to one bedroom suite

How are the rooms? huge by London/general European standards and have full kitchens. One bedrooms have tub/shower combo; studios seem to be shower only. It's a newer hotel built for the London Olympics and still in good condition

How is the exec. lounge? N/A. There is a manager's social 3 nights a week n the breakfast dining with beer, wine, soft drinks, and enough food to make a meal out of it

What was good and what was bad?

Good- large rooms, two category upgrade for a Spire, even on points. Status also got me the premium internet for free. Property is well kept and comfortable, an located essentially on top of Stratford station and a huge mall with two grocery stores (M&S and Waitrose) and a large number of eat in or take away restaurant options. The included breakfast seemed geared to both North American and European tastes with a good number of hot and cold options. Nice view of the area from rooms and breakfast area- hotel is floors 9-12 of a larger building.

Bad- discovered that their UK king bed is closer to a US queen bed (usually book two single beds in Europe because I'm a restless sleeper but was hoping for a proper jumbo king bed here). If you're doing things in the more central to western parts of London, it's a bit of a long Tube ride to get there.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Can be a good to solid value on points depending on rates at the time, which can vary from about 130 (standard studio) to 300+(one bedroom for big events at the Olympic park area nights) throughout the year. Would definitely return on either points or cash- love having kitchen access, the big rooms and reasonable for London prices
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:01 am

CP Venice East Quarto d'Altino

CP Venice East Quarto d'Altino

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Mostly

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked the cheapest standard room and was upgraded to a suite.

How are the rooms? Huge, sitting room with sofa and chair, bedroom, separate dressing room plus two bathrooms.

What was good and what was bad? There was confusion about the airport shuttle so I took a cab and the hotel reimbursed the €45. Upgrade was generous. There were loads of amenities in the two bathrooms. 5 x bath foam, 6 x body lotion, 7 x shampoo, 3 x toothbrush/paste, 2 x shaving kits. Coffee was instant Nescafé and tea selection was varied. A complimentary bottle of sparkling water was in the room. Mini bar had a poor selection.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? I paid £81 which I thought was reasonable.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 4:30 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe

ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?

Spire Royal Ambassador

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked cheapest standard room, received Two Beds Attached (Hollywood Twin) Club Superior Room.

How are the rooms?
30sqm. Tidy and enough spacious room. Bathroom is old fashioned. View is magnificent, but window was dirty.

Video of Two Beds Attached (Hollywood Twin) Club Superior Room

How is the exec. lounge?
Yes, granted. Located on the penthouse floor. Excellent view. Food & beverage offering is quite decent.

How was the mini-bar?
Indeed not plenty. Some beer and soft drinks only.

What was your welcome gift?
Bottled Water

Did you receive fruit in the room?
None (Before they had. But unfortunately due to direction of the IHG AMEA corporate office in Singapore, it has gone.)

Good
+++++++++ Guest Recognitions
+++++ Location (Just next to Shinkansen Shin-Kobe Station. And 2min for Kobe downtown by subway.)

Bad
---------- Dirty window
----- Removed welcome fruits.
--- Old fashioned bathroom

Value for $ or Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
Yes
Old Jun 23, 2017, 5:11 pm

ANA Crowne Plaza Grand Court Nagoya

ANA Crowne Plaza Grand Court Nagoya

Spire Royal Ambassador

Yes.

Booked cheapest standard room, received Upper Floor Renewal King Deluxe Room.

How are the rooms?
35sqm. Just finished the renovation in this spring. Very simple and urban interior. Bathroom is not modified (but still not dated, it's OK.) View is magnificent.

Video of Upper Floor Renewal King Deluxe Room

How is the exec. lounge?
This hotel doesn't have Club Lounge.

How was the mini-bar?
Indeed not plenty. Some beer and soft drinks only.

Bottled Water, Towel art of Teddy Bear, Complimentary one drink from Mini-bar

None

Good
++++++++ Breakfast
+++++ Guest Recognitions
+++++ Location (Just next to Kanayama Station)

Bad
None.

Yes
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:37 am

ANA Crowne Plaza Narita

ANA Crowne Plaza Narita

Spire Royal Ambassador

Yes, as always.

Booked Standard Double Room (not cheapest one), received Crowne Suite

How are the rooms?
70sqm. Specious living room with small kitchenette. Bed is wide king bed. Indeed dated. View is forest view, so night time is nothing you can see.

Video of Crowne Suite

How is the exec. lounge?
This hotel doesn't have Club Lounge.

How was the mini-bar?
No soft drinks! Mineral Water, Perrier, Beer, Cocktail, wine, and some of snacks.

Fitness, Pool, and Sauna free access voucher

None

Good
+++++ Guest Recognitions
+++++ Reasonable priced Bar
+++++ In house convenience store

Bad
No soft drinks in mini-bar

Yes, if my flight is from Narita.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 8:59 am

Crowne Plaza Kunshan

Crowne Plaza Kunshan

Spire Royal Ambassador

Marvelous!!

Booked cheapest Superior Room, received Superior Suite

How are the rooms?
80sqm. Separated Bedroom and Living area, Specious bathroom, 2x 48inches TOSHIBA LCD TV, and iPhone dock. Internet Access is no limitations, YES! You can access Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Google, and so on...

Video of Superior Suite

How is the exec. lounge?
Yes, granted. Excellent food offerings. On the other hands, beverages offering was a little bit poor. Staff's English skill is poor, but all of them are very friendly.

How was the mini-bar?
Not plenty. Alcoholic beverages are Heineken, Chivas, Absolute Vodka only. But they are not on the price list. No snacks.

Bottle of Aussie red wine

Yes

Good
++++++++++ Guest Recognitions (General Manager visited me to greet)
++++++++++ Upgrade
++++++++++ Superior Suite
+++++ Fitness and Swimming Pool
+++++ Pool Bar
+++++ Location (connected shopping mole directly, surrounded by many of local restaurants, and very close to industrial park)

Bad
No price listed mini-bar alcoholic beverages.

Absolutely
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 3:43 am

HI Nice

HI Nice

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? It was fine

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? I booked a King leisure and was upgraded to a King executive.

How are the rooms? Bit 70s - swirly carpets! Comfortable arm chair and spacious desk. Nice robe and excellent bathroom amenities from White Company.

What was good and what was bad? Welcome points posted overnight. Additionally I received two drinks vouchers. Used one for vino in the evening and the other for coffee in the morning. Bottled water and cereal bar were in the room. Staff were excellent.
Shower temperature was inconsistent.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? I paid £143. I would return as the location is excellent.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 10:07 am

Hotel Indigo Shanghai on the Bund

Hotel Indigo Shanghai on the Bund

Spire Royal Ambassador

Mixed feelings (Basically positive, but...)

Booked Deluxe Room, received Indigo Special View Room.
I tried negotiate to upgrade or up-sell to the Bund Suite or higher, but at that time hotel is fully booked and they offered Presidential Suite which called "Shanghai Future Suite". Offer price was 50000RMB=7400USD/night. It was exceeded my budget. So I accepted their original assigned room.

How are the rooms?
44sqm. Chinese fusion Interiors, Bund and Yu Garden view. 42inches Philips LCD TV (but all of contents didn't support HD), Bose Sound System, American Standard Shower Toilet (TOTO's OEM product), Spa style sunken bathtub, Shanghai Tan Toiletries.

Video of Indigo Special View Room

How is the exec. lounge?
This hotel doesn't have exec. Lounge.

How was the mini-bar?
Best mini-bar in China properties based on my experiences (except Hong Kong). Good selections. if they have Champagne, it would be much better.

Just drink voucher only, no other gift, no welcome letter, no managements greeting.

Yes, 5pcs of small mango. But no cutleries. How come!?

Good
++++++++++ Excellent grill restaurant called "CHAR"
++++++++++ Excellent rooftop bar
++++++++++ View
+++++ Room design

Bad
---------- Emergency torch is missing (holder is existed but no torch)
---------- Leave some of damaged parts of room facilities. (shower faucet, bathroom lamps, and etc...)
----- No cutleries for fruits
----- Expensive mini-bar price
----- Compared to other properties, guest recognitions level is low.

Yes
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Crowne Plaza Vilnius

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, apart from a strange situation with the welcome drink.
Normally, I always take points instead of a welcome drink but because of a difficult trip getting there during atrocious weather I decided I wanted some booze. However, when I asked for the welcome drink the FD clerk said that due to a recent change in the law in Lithuania any vouchers for drinks could only be non-alcoholic! I was tired, cold and wet so didn't want to argue and I took the points instead.

Booked standard room (Points Breaks), received same.
Originally I had a cash flex booking but when CP Vilnius appeared on the Q2 Points Breaks I decided to cancel and redo it as a PB. The previous booking had already cleared to Executive Room but the PB stay was on the first weekend of the promo just a few days after I booked it. As a result, I didn't make a fuss when I got the standard room.

How are the rooms?
Generally fine, but there were some problems with the thermo control/heating. It was exceptionally cold for the time of year and I had to borrow a small fan heater from downstairs.
Due to the location, the room is exceptionally quiet. As quiet a place as I've ever stayed in.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good:
- Location. Very peaceful and quiet place right next to Vingis Park. Some people might put this in the Bad section and complain about the longer walk into town but I think it's a great location and the walk into town is along one of the most pleasant and interesting streets in the city.
- Meal in 16th floor restaurant was excellent. Much better than expected.
- Free breakfast given.

Bad:
- Issues with heating in room.
- Welcome drink was non-alcoholic only (see above).

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Definitely. Vilnius is far and away my favourite city of the Baltics and as this is/was the only CP property on the Europe PB offerings it's an absolute no-brainer.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 9:09 am

Crowne Plaza Kanazawa

Platinum

Yes

Booked Standard Double (cheapest), received Superior Twin (chose Twin over Double at check-in) on top floor.

How are the rooms?
Spacious by Japanese standard. Great city view. So many charging options (12 usable outlets + 5 USB). The bathroom was a bit dated but spotlessly clean.

How is the exec. lounge?
None.

Good: super helpful staff, proximity to train/bus station (30s), reasonable rate, Internet was blazing fast (90 Mbps).

Bad: bathroom is dated. Tap water tasted funny.

Yes and yes.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 2:48 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
CP Newcastle (UK) Stephenson Quarter

Spire not Ambassador

Yes

Cheapest, upgraded to King Deluxe on IHG floor (not club floor)

As Spire, given a choice of: lounge access, 600 points, or drink vouchers.
Got the impression that this was the standard offer for Spire.

3-4 minute walk from Newcastle train/metro station.

How are the rooms?

Very spacious corner room (almost a suite but not quite).
King bed and sofa bed.
Table is a bit small.
Lots of power points including USB (and by bedside too)
Bathtub and shower.

How is the exec. lounge?

It is quite large with a table seating area as well as sofas/armchairs.
There is a PC with a printer.
There is direct access from the club floor (keycarded) as well as an alternative access from the lifts. As I was not upgraded to the club floor, I was not able to access the lounge via the stairs as my card did not open the door to the club floor, and had to take the lift which took 2 minutes longer than the stairs would have.
I arrived at 1945 and the evening food had already been cleared away. I expressed my disappointment and the lounge host made me a sandwich
Didn't get any alcoholic drinks though (but I was driving later so couldn't anyway). Drinks fridge contained coke and some good quality juices (also some yoghurt).
Lounge breakfast was sort of like in a standard UK Holiday Inn Express with bacon, sausage and egg, pastries and cereals. Obviously, the presentation, quality of food and ambience is better.

See above.

Excellent value for £80, but previous night and next night were going for £150, which would be too much for me.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Holiday Inn - Phoenix Airport North

Not really

Got the King Suite I booked, not sure what the "You've Been Upgraded!" email was all about in that regard.

How are the rooms?
Property was a former Embassy Suites I understand. Instead of an enclosed atrium, the rooms encircle the outdoor pool in a U shape ("top" of U filled in by the restaurant). Bedroom is away from pool, which makes the stay rather quiet. Small bathroom (shower and toilet) with sink in corner of bedroom, decent shower pressure. Microwave, refrigerator and Keurig coffee machine present in living room (CVS and supermarket across street). Bed ok, power outlets at bedside (though not widely available elsewhere in suite).

"Upgrade" may have been that I received breakfast coupons for each day, when that was not included in my booking. OTOH, food mediocre with s-l-o-w service, though the waiters were nice. Dinner food also mediocre with limited menu (hope you like burgers!), good Happy Hour drink deals. In the app, my reservation had a promo popup for a free drink with purchase of an entrée. Drove the staff bonkers trying to figure it out, until the bartender decided "Enough of this!" and just comped a glass of wine. There is a small bar across from reception desk, which was open Thursday, closed Fri, Sat, Sun nights.
There are three sets of elevators. One near reception worked, others (on my side of the U) both Out-of-Order.
Housekeeping issue, which I escalated ... second day, I left around 11AM, returned at 3:30, no housekeeping but cart in evidence nearby. Had a drink and early dinner (the promo fiasco above) with room cleaned by my return. Third day, I left at 12:30, returned after 4:00. Same drill with early dinner, and no cleaning. Escalated to front desk, who explained it was assumed I had waived cleaning via DND "that late". Room cleaned and 2000 points given for my inconvenience.
Final night there was flash flooding, creating a giant puddle in the bathroom where water had come in through the vent and light fixture. Mopped it up with spare bath towel, didn't mention at check out.

Value for $ or Priority Club points - would you return? Four nights at just under $100 each (average cost) was a bit steep. I wouldn't stay here again.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 2:51 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
ANA CP Osaka

ANA Crowne Plaza Osaka

Spire Royal Ambassador

Yes.

Small Double room, upgraded to moderate club room

How are the rooms?
ca. 25 sqm
Not refurbished (there are refurbished rooms at the hotel), but in very good condition
Rather small, with a 160 cm bed
Good toiletries

How is the exec. lounge?
Yes, granted. Very large space
Excellent service
Good breakfast and happy hour (however, no variety of the food)
Nice views

Good

- Upgrade
- Staff
Bad
Nothing

Yes: Very good value, very good location. I'd try the new HI next time, though
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 1:58 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
CP Aberdeen Airport UK

Spire

Yes and no

Booked cheapest room and got a "club room"

How are the rooms?

Given that there is plenty of unused space around the airport, you would have thought they could make the club rooms a bit bigger.
It was tiny. I don't know what size a normal room would have been. I've had bigger rooms at rural UK HIXs (and this hotel is kind of in a rural setting).

How is the exec. lounge?

Access not granted (offered for £50)
Evening drinks hours are apparently 1800-1900 only
The lounge is hidden at the back of the restaurant and would be difficult to find - also would be awkward to walk through the restaurant...?

Was anticipating lounge access and/or free breakfast having read many other reports from Spires who received these, but both were denied, so to be honest I feel that I should just have booked the neighbouring HIX. Especially given that apparently lounge access should now be one of the welcome amenity choices at CPs.

Well, it was £46 and I knew there was a risk of not getting benefits, but the neighbouring HIX was £37 at time of booking and comes with guaranteed breakfast, so I won't bother staying here again unless it is cheaper than the HIX and the nearby hilton properties.
FLYGVA likes this.

Last edited by :D!; Jul 22, 2017 at 4:16 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.