FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Experiences 2017
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:54 am
Points Scrounger
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Holiday Inn - Phoenix Airport North

What is your Priority Club status? Spire

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Not really

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Got the King Suite I booked, not sure what the "You've Been Upgraded!" email was all about in that regard.

How are the rooms?
Property was a former Embassy Suites I understand. Instead of an enclosed atrium, the rooms encircle the outdoor pool in a U shape ("top" of U filled in by the restaurant). Bedroom is away from pool, which makes the stay rather quiet. Small bathroom (shower and toilet) with sink in corner of bedroom, decent shower pressure. Microwave, refrigerator and Keurig coffee machine present in living room (CVS and supermarket across street). Bed ok, power outlets at bedside (though not widely available elsewhere in suite).

How is the exec. lounge? NA

What was good and what was bad?
"Upgrade" may have been that I received breakfast coupons for each day, when that was not included in my booking. OTOH, food mediocre with s-l-o-w service, though the waiters were nice. Dinner food also mediocre with limited menu (hope you like burgers!), good Happy Hour drink deals. In the app, my reservation had a promo popup for a free drink with purchase of an entrée. Drove the staff bonkers trying to figure it out, until the bartender decided "Enough of this!" and just comped a glass of wine. There is a small bar across from reception desk, which was open Thursday, closed Fri, Sat, Sun nights.
There are three sets of elevators. One near reception worked, others (on my side of the U) both Out-of-Order.
Housekeeping issue, which I escalated ... second day, I left around 11AM, returned at 3:30, no housekeeping but cart in evidence nearby. Had a drink and early dinner (the promo fiasco above) with room cleaned by my return. Third day, I left at 12:30, returned after 4:00. Same drill with early dinner, and no cleaning. Escalated to front desk, who explained it was assumed I had waived cleaning via DND "that late". Room cleaned and 2000 points given for my inconvenience.
Final night there was flash flooding, creating a giant puddle in the bathroom where water had come in through the vent and light fixture. Mopped it up with spare bath towel, didn't mention at check out.

Value for $ or Priority Club points - would you return? Four nights at just under $100 each (average cost) was a bit steep. I wouldn't stay here again.