FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   New RA qualifying criteria based on IC Revenue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1772309-new-ra-qualifying-criteria-based-ic-revenue.html)

1010101 Jan 7, 2017 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Petrus (Post 27716697)
That doesn't make sense as all my IC stays are on corporate rates and they post EQP. Where did you get this from? Or am I reading your post wrong?

Maybe i am mistaken but i thought some corporate rates were excluded in the T&Cs. I book direct so wouldn't know.

Atacama40 Jan 7, 2017 8:33 am

Originally Posted by HadesNL (Post 27720371)
The champers were a big chunk and we went à la carte. Husband was genuine impressed and said let's go again soon.

Let me guess, when they sat you by the bar you took the Heidseck 2005 Vintage? Mrs Atacama said 'Nee' when she saw the price. I on the other hand didn't....at £28 a glass it doesn't take long rack up a lengthy piece of white roll ;)

Mind food is spectacular there. Never bad and a super menu. Is a good decision to return. ^

Perisai Jan 7, 2017 9:35 am

Getting REALLY ridiculous, ... :mad:

Had the RA renewal posted on 4th of January with 77 nights in total and 55 IC nights, about 180k EQP and must have been more than 150k EQP in ICs.

Today the renewal is gone from the account and changed to AMB renewal - also taking away the remaining month of RA.
Unfortunately I didn't take a screen shot (didn't believe I had to...). :rolleyes:

Called them up and was about 40 minutes on the hotline (normal agent, supervisor & manager), all 3 of them telling me that this was a system glitch and that they can't do anything.

I had them escalate it to the corporate office and they are supposed to call me back within 72 hours.

Will see what that brings...

Kasupke Jan 7, 2017 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Perisai (Post 27720804)

Had the RA renewal posted on 4th of January with 77 nights in total and 55 IC nights, about 180k EQP and must have been more than 150k EQP in ICs.

Today the renewal is gone from the account and changed to AMB renewal - also taking away the remaining month of RA.
Unfortunately I didn't take a screen shot (didn't believe I had to...). :rolleyes:

Called them up and was about 40 minutes on the hotline (normal agent, supervisor & manager), all 3 of them telling me that this was a system glitch and that they can't do anything.

I had them escalate it to the corporate office and they are supposed to call me back within 72 hours.

So basically no one is save...

For me RAmb should have been running until 31 March 2017, but downgraded yesterday to Spire Amb. But no renewal at all, not even an Amb renewal. Also no roll-over nights posted yet. Contacted IHG and they state "we are still in the process of reviewing our members activity" and "high volume of e-mails". I have a bunch of stays in the next few weeks. We will see what happens.

Tim O'Brien Jan 7, 2017 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Perisai (Post 27720804)

be prepared to call them back.

i believe there is a way to go back to a previous date for a URL, and capture the screenshot from that day, not sure if it only applies to general URLs, v private account URL's but worth researching.

maybe going down thread, there was a post from an IT insightful person relating to gathering info, you cld PM him, see if he knows.

HAT Jan 7, 2017 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim (Post 27713935)
Any idea of spend?

Usually go for a Club room with a lounge access or a Suite. So it's roughly £15,000.

Tim O'Brien Jan 7, 2017 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by HAT (Post 27721367)
Usually go for a Club room with a lounge access or a Suite. So it's roughly £15,000.

i wld call, and let them know you have colleagues that have had less IC nights, and spend, and less total IHG nights, and spend that have been renewed.

i wld avoid Makati, calli during UK business hours, and if you reach Makati, ask to speak with UK.

Pseudo Nim Jan 7, 2017 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by 1010101 (Post 27720481)
Maybe i am mistaken but i thought some corporate rates were excluded in the T&Cs. I book direct so wouldn't know.

Some corporate rates indeed do not earn points. But 1) those would show up as "non qualifying stay" after the stay, and 2) I would still argue for a manual recount because points are points and money is money.

proteome Jan 7, 2017 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim (Post 27714346)
This is a bit confusing. Why so many IC non qualifying nights? Simultaneous rooms booked for people staying at the same time?

Yeah, essentially that's the case.

Family Holidays - kids have an adjoining room + another room for nanny on occasion

Work trips - one or two staff members will have an overlapping stay

This year it was dramatically increased as we booked a presidential suite, all the rooms directly below and rooms adjacent for a party - we didn't want to get complaints... :D

Saudisam Jan 7, 2017 11:02 pm

I just checked my account today and saw that I am back to RA after a few lean years.

I though that I was close during the year and called a few times and got the response mentioned here many times (top 1% etc).

FWIW, my earning last year was 85 nights with the vast majority in IC - around 280k points earned and I'mm guessing around USD30k of spend.

stimpy Jan 7, 2017 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by Saudisam (Post 27723691)
I just checked my account today and saw that I am back to RA after a few lean years.

I though that I was close during the year and called a few times and got the response mentioned here many times (top 1% etc).

FWIW, my earning last year was 85 nights with the vast majority in IC - around 280k points earned and I'mm guessing around USD30k of spend.

Congratulations and welcome!

scienm Jan 7, 2017 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by Saudisam (Post 27723691)

Just out of curiosity, what made you to stay at ICs that many even without RA status?
If you stayed at another chain, you could've achieved two vip status at least.

Saudisam Jan 8, 2017 12:03 am

Originally Posted by scienm (Post 27723745)
Just out of curiosity, what made you to stay at ICs that many even without RA status?
If you stayed at another chain, you could've achieved two vip status at least.

Probably laziness to be honest. I primarily travel around the ME and like all of the IC properties. If I'm in Europe or Asia, I tend to stay at IC as they always give me nice upgrades which the wife likes.

1010101 Jan 8, 2017 12:07 am

It seems IHG are considering a tier above Spire for the regular rewards programme. Perhaps Ambassador is being further split and those being demoted from RA with high stay totals/low IC numbers are being primed for that instead. I would have thought it made more sense to bring them closer together personally.

336 Jan 8, 2017 1:30 am

It seems...

Based on what?