FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   New RA qualifying criteria based on IC Revenue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1772309-new-ra-qualifying-criteria-based-ic-revenue.html)

Pseudo Nim Jan 10, 2017 12:12 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr (Post 27735346)
AND
If you even just take Pseodo Nim IC Spend then 58 x $9500 = 551,000, beating both Hannes08 and Tarrek.h

SO..... Back to the drawing board, regards the speculation and guessing game for RA renewal thresholds???

Maybe they just don't like me. Nobody likes me lately. :p

Lewis42 Jan 10, 2017 12:15 am

Damn, i am genuinely gutted I didn't make RA. For my business stays, I couldn't care less in all honesty. The big hitter is for my personal / vacation stays, that's where it hits home the hardest. Mrs Lewis42 truly loves the big suites and lounges to over-indulge in.

samuellok Jan 10, 2017 1:38 am

Royal Ambassador Renewal

This year the Royal Ambassador renewal take place very early. I have called them and they responded the new cut-off date would be the last day of the year.

NKU Jan 10, 2017 4:36 am

Originally Posted by Lewis42 (Post 27735372)
Damn, i am genuinely gutted I didn't make RA. For my business stays, I couldn't care less in all honesty. The big hitter is for my personal / vacation stays, that's where it hits home the hardest. Mrs Lewis42 truly loves the big suites and lounges to over-indulge in.

if you were to Australia where IC property is, I shall book that for you!

You ou get there upgrades, you pay... I got the spending and nights count :)

Deal?:D:D

Tim O'Brien Jan 10, 2017 5:09 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim (Post 27735363)
Maybe they just don't like me. Nobody likes me lately. :p

if you're really feeling depressed, call and ask for Joy at Makati, she'll do the trick for you.

she may have had hormonial issues, but if you're looking for clarification regarding your depressed state, she's the person for the job^

actually on that subject we shld have a wiki regarding Makati personnel.

i have a few favs there.

i put Joy, and Chris on the "I refuse to talk with them" list

they shouldn't even be employed there.

Tim O'Brien Jan 10, 2017 5:13 am

Originally Posted by Lewis42 (Post 27735372)

what were your numbers for 2016?

Lewis42 Jan 10, 2017 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien (Post 27736186)
what were your numbers for 2016?

Lewis42 77/39/10 EQP=16010. I separately calculated that I had approx. 9k at IC's alone.

Lewis42 Jan 10, 2017 7:32 am

Originally Posted by NKU (Post 27736050)
if you were to Australia where IC property is, I shall book that for you!

You ou get there upgrades, you pay... I got the spending and nights count :)

Deal?:D:D

Ah, erm, eh, errr, arg.

scienm Jan 10, 2017 7:52 am

Originally Posted by Lewis42 (Post 27736727)
Lewis42 77/39/10 EQP=16010. I separately calculated that I had approx. 9k at IC's alone.

Ah... less than 10k at ICs.. sorry for that. :(

Tim O'Brien Jan 10, 2017 10:00 am

Originally Posted by Lewis42 (Post 27736727)

that's c USD230 ADR for the IC's, and c USD184 for the non IC IHG brands, does that sound right?

ie 39 IC nights x $230 = 9K

38 non IC IHG nights x $184 = 7K

total spend USD16K

depending on when your year end was, if i was you, i'd send an email with your stats explained, as 77/39/10 wld have satisfied the old 60/20/3, and the speculated about 75/30/3, and the revenue is close to the USD10K we talk about, plus the additional non IC IHG spend.

in the old days, manual counts were required for the nights the system didn't calculate properly. i can't see why those Adjusted Stays, and Overlaping Nights etc wld not have impacted the calculation for RA renewal under the new criteria.

Lewis42 Jan 10, 2017 11:15 am

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien (Post 27737596)
that's c USD230 ADR for the IC's, and c USD184 for the non IC IHG brands, does that sound right?

ie 39 IC nights x $230 = 9K

38 non IC IHG nights x $184 = 7K

total spend USD16K

depending on when your year end was, if i was you, i'd send an email with your stats explained, as 77/39/10 wld have satisfied the old 60/20/3, and the speculated about 75/30/3, and the revenue is close to the USD10K we talk about, plus the additional non IC IHG spend.

in the old days, manual counts were required for the nights the system didn't calculate properly. i can't see why those Adjusted Stays, and Overlaping Nights etc wld not have impacted the calculation for RA renewal under the new criteria.

hmmm I'll give them a call, I emailed twice but just got very generic template responses.

Ill do do it over the next couple of days, I'll report back after I've attempted my mission.

markis10 Jan 10, 2017 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien (Post 27737596)

It would be a fair assumption that the system ignores adjusted and overlapping stays today just as it did a year ago.

BA038_Passenger Jan 10, 2017 2:32 pm

I tried to qualify last year but failed. I did 55 nights in IHG hotels with 24 nights in ICs at 7 different locations.

I was interested in my EQPs but forgot to look at them before the year ended. I just got an email from Ambassador titled 'Your 2016 travel at a glance' and I note that I had 237512 EQPs. I assume that equates to US$23.5K? So I would say that I was a reasonably high spender, but my night count was not high enough.

My first two weeks of 2017 have started 'well' on the qualification path. I've got 3 nights so far, with 2 different IC stays in Vienna and Miami. Most of my IC stays last year were from June onwards, so I am hoping that I might be able to qualify mid year. Who knows what the score is now with all these qualification shenanigans going on.

scubaccr Jan 10, 2017 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by BA038_Passenger (Post 27739196)
I tried to qualify last year but failed. I did 55 nights in IHG hotels with 24 nights in ICs at 7 different locations.

I was interested in my EQPs but forgot to look at them before the year ended. I just got an email from Ambassador titled 'Your 2016 travel at a glance' and I note that I had 237512 EQPs. I assume that equates to US$23.5K? So I would say that I was a reasonably high spender, but my night count was not high enough.

My first two weeks of 2017 have started 'well' on the qualification path. I've got 3 nights so far, with 2 different IC stays in Vienna and Miami. Most of my IC stays last year were from June onwards, so I am hoping that I might be able to qualify mid year. Who knows what the score is now with all these qualification shenanigans going on.

HadesNL qualified with 22/20/7 and us$20,000 ref two posts..... certainly on $$$$'s at IC the reason and suprise to some only 20x IC nights + IC Dining accounting for virually all the $20k spend.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27708462-post1382.html
Anguished scream!

Checked today and seem to have qualified for Royal (spire) Ambassador.
My stay pattern for 2016 was and booked:
IC Paris LeGrand 3n club room
IC Vienna 1n junior suite
IC Parklane 2n superior room with bogo
IC O2 3n superior room
IC Frankfurt 1n juniorsuite
IC Miami 4n executive suite
IC Toronto Yorkville 6n juniorsuite
Thrown in are stays at Indigo Edinburgh / Crowne Plaza Amsterdam.

Admittingly we spend some extra $ at hotel's signature restaurants etc .

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27709460-post1394.html
My spend was in/about 20.000 usd via private account. I don't have a corporate rate and book always under leisure profile. For example last IC Miami stay was total room rate $3000.

We did some "expensive" dinners hosting friends at Parklane/LeGrand/Miami/O2 so that might have tipped it - we charge everything to the room.

1010101 Jan 10, 2017 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr (Post 27740009)
HadesNL qualified with 22/20/7 and us$20,000 ref two posts..... certainly on $$$$'s at IC the reason and suprise to some only 20x IC nights + IC Dining accounting for virually all the $20k spend.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27708462-post1382.html
Anguished scream!

Checked today and seem to have qualified for Royal (spire) Ambassador.
My stay pattern for 2016 was and booked:
IC Paris LeGrand 3n club room
IC Vienna 1n junior suite
IC Parklane 2n superior room with bogo
IC O2 3n superior room
IC Frankfurt 1n juniorsuite
IC Miami 4n executive suite
IC Toronto Yorkville 6n juniorsuite
Thrown in are stays at Indigo Edinburgh / Crowne Plaza Amsterdam.

Admittingly we spend some extra $ at hotel's signature restaurants etc .

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27709460-post1394.html
My spend was in/about 20.000 usd via private account. I don't have a corporate rate and book always under leisure profile. For example last IC Miami stay was total room rate $3000.

We did some "expensive" dinners hosting friends at Parklane/LeGrand/Miami/O2 so that might have tipped it - we charge everything to the room.

I still think my earlier guess at the criteria is pretty close:

$10k IC spend + 3 ICs
OR
$20k total spend + 30~40 IC nights + 3 ICs

Everyone who re-qualified meets that, and no-one who was demoted does.