FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   New RA qualifying criteria based on IC Revenue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1772309-new-ra-qualifying-criteria-based-ic-revenue.html)

Kasupke Jan 5, 2017 6:58 am

Well, not sure if 10K ist the line. Year end I was at 76/51/6 and had 111K EQP (~11K USD, mostly at ICs). My account is still Spire RA, but no renewal notice - expiry is 31 MAR. So I guess I did not make it - or they haven't done all acounts in one run or what ever ;) Datapoint: rollover nights and spire elite choice benefit still missing in my account.

HadesNL Jan 5, 2017 7:13 am

Anguished scream!

Checked today and seem to have qualified for Royal (spire) Ambassador.
My stay pattern for 2016 was and booked:
IC Paris LeGrand 3n club room
IC Vienna 1n junior suite
IC Parklane 2n superior room with bogo
IC O2 3n superior room
IC Frankfurt 1n juniorsuite
IC Miami 4n executive suite
IC Toronto Yorkville 6n juniorsuite
Thrown in are stays at Indigo Edinburgh / Crowne Plaza Amsterdam.

Admittingly we spend some extra $ at hotel's signature restaurants etc .

Pseudo Nim Jan 5, 2017 7:18 am

Originally Posted by HadesNL (Post 27708462)
Anguished scream!

IC Parklane 2n superior room with bogo clubroom
IC O2 3n superior room

Seriously? 20 nights at IC?

Mikey likes it Jan 5, 2017 7:28 am

Was hoping to qual for the first time.

Stats:

60/26/10

Total spend ~$12.5k
Spend at IC ~6K

Pretty obvious why I didn't qual.

stimpy Jan 5, 2017 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim (Post 27708477)
Seriously? 20 nights at IC?

Money talks and BS walks. I guess.

scubaccr Jan 5, 2017 7:39 am

Originally Posted by rapidex (Post 27707896)
89 nights/44IC nights/13IC's and 103728 eqp's.

I had a 9 night stay at the Venetian which only got me 2000 points,although my spend was much higher.

I got revenge on them on the last night playing lucky 4's poker,and 4 aces popped into my hand.That stopped the game for 30 minutes^:D

If you requalify as RA , seems strange and some uneven treatment is taking place with 2017 RA renewals..... Your IC spend can only be circa $6750 so maybe you qualified on your nights instead (or the missing Venetian spend)??

Taking your 89/44/13 us$10,370 ihg+ic spend, if you allow for 45 non-IC nights roomrate at low average $80/night which is $3600, then your IC spend is only us$6770++
Question/thought... Is your missing Venetian spend 9nights circa us$3500++ to get you to $10k IC spend?

just look at one failure, PseudoNim totals, has all of more nights, more IC Spend, more total spend???
Pseudo Nim 90/58/15 IC spend $9,500, $17K across chain (175K EQP)

scubaccr Jan 5, 2017 7:47 am

Originally Posted by HadesNL (Post 27708462)
Anguished scream!

IC Parklane 2n superior room with bogo clubroom
IC O2 3n superior room

Do you mean Android App Card updated to EXP 30 Dec 2017for you?

What was your IC spend, did it exceeds us$10,000 ++ due to pricier suite bookings and restaurant dinners?

boekel Jan 5, 2017 9:07 am

Originally Posted by scienm (Post 27708258)
Since your EQP was little over 100k, the RA spending criteria must be exact $10k..

But in that case not solely spent in ICs

boekel Jan 5, 2017 9:11 am

I've also been renewed with 96/72/11 - 17800 EQP

But honestly after this management/communication disaster I'm undecided if I should continue with IHG. I will most likely also increase my SPG stays to become Plat there

tarek.h Jan 5, 2017 9:13 am

New RA

As i am one of those who qualified with a limited number of nights, i went thru my past stays history in order to summarize the Qualified spend of every stay (and omiting the bonus points i usually avail).

I qualified (for the 1st time as i am member since Sep. 2015) with the below stats (this supersedes my previous post):

IC:
33 Nights (Thru 27 Stays) / 4 IC / Q.Spend 10,917$

CP:
7 Nights (Thru 4 Stays) / Q.Spend 1,071$

HI:
3 Stays / 3 Nights / 288$

30 IC / 3 IC / 10k IC Spend looks like the new RA criteria to me

rapidex Jan 5, 2017 9:29 am

Originally Posted by scienm (Post 27708258)
Since your EQP was little over 100k, the RA spending criteria must be exact $10k..

Except my eqp's were limited to 2000 at the Venetian,whereas my spend was quite a lot higher.

ixs Jan 5, 2017 10:10 am

Non RA

So my status shows Ambassador, which means I did not requalify for RA. Shame, I liked the status the last three years.
A quick call to the Ambassador line said they only got new info this morning and everything needs to go to a central place. I assume this means Saltlake.

I did a quick analysis of my stay patters last year:
Code:

Total EQ nights:                    77
IC nights:                          37
non-IC nights:                      40
Total Reward nights:                5
Total NQ nights:                    6
Total EQP:                      141047
IC EQP:                          87134
non-IC EQP:                      53913
Number of different ICs:            8
Number of different non-ICs:        16

The high number of non-qualifying stays are due to some stays being listed with incorrect check-in, check-out days which could possibly be corrected and bring me something like 3 to 5 more nights and a booking for two rooms at the same hotel.

It looks to me as if this should have requalified as RA if I look at some others here but it seems the new rules are not very clear-cut...

In case anyone wants to run the same data, I have a super hackish python script that does the analysis.
Go to the ihg page to the "Account Activity" field. Select "All activity" and "365 days". Then click on "Print my account activity". This should open a new window, copy and paste everything into a text file called ihg-data.txt.

Then run the python script ihg-data-parser.py which you can find at https://gist.github.com/ixs/7276435c...fe74a08594eef4. Super crappy parser, super crappy code. But seems to do what is needed.
The logic to differentiate between IC and non-IC hotel is simple: If the hotel name is the same as the city name, it's an IC. For the ICs where this is not the case there's a list at the top of the file that can be used to add more hotel names that should be seen as ICs.

If you got any question or need help, PM me.

Lewis42 Jan 5, 2017 10:13 am

Reference point:
I have contacted Ambassador service centre via email to just question my status (A man's gotta do what a man has gotta do). As part of this they responded with the following...

"Furthermore, our records show that your status was downgraded from Royal Ambassador tier to Ambassador. We wish to inform you that the Royal Ambassador status is systematically extended to the top one percent of InterContinental Ambassador guests, based on the number of InterContinental properties they have visited and qualifying nights they have completed during the past year"

HadesNL Jan 5, 2017 10:17 am

My spend was in/about 20.000 usd via private account. I don't have a corporate rate and book always under leisure profile. For example last IC Miami stay was total room rate $3000.

We did some "expensive" dinners hosting friends at Parklane/LeGrand/Miami/O2 so that might have tipped it - we charge everything to the room.

ixs Jan 5, 2017 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Lewis42 (Post 27709439)
Reference point:
I have contacted Ambassador service centre via email to just question my status (A man's gotta do what a man has gotta do). As part of this they responded with the following...

Ambassador service center is staffed by muppets who have outdated mail templates and often also do not know...
Take everything they say with a saltshaker full of grains.