FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   New RA qualifying criteria based on IC Revenue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1772309-new-ra-qualifying-criteria-based-ic-revenue.html)

HadesNL Jan 11, 2018 8:50 am

Requalified !

Originally Posted by lukah (Post 29278047)
I was also renewed, thanks IHG. 12/2019

To everyone who (re)qualified i say do enjoy 2018 with a tipple from the minibar .
To those that didn't, hopefully the fruit in the Ambassador welcome bowl will be sweet enough to soften the loss .

You may add the follwing data point to the sticky:
Elite qualifying points: 239,095
Qualifying nights: 39

ADR: average daily rate booked is 1) flex with breakfast or 2) yourrateIHG nonrefundable
(Bookingmostly in jr. suite upwards - always spend once a stay in each hotel's signature dining venue or bar for entertaining guests)

Note: i tried to count points made by expenditure and before/after tax but i gave up after tackling that horrible new website and behold today my ambassador statement had all the figures ready.

I made it fortunately just before my upcoming stay at Parklane, now i can at least afford to look at prices in GBP ;)

tarek.h Jan 11, 2018 3:46 pm

GR.corporateliaison were very efficient for the Manual Recount. I got an answer within 24 hours while David Canty never replied.
I requalified for RA with 10,029 USD Net spend / 29Nights / 6 Different ICs.
By the way, In their email they mentioned : "Over the course of the year we look forward to announcing new privileges to ensure your experiences continue to be rewarding."
It might just be a generic reply ...

Cielito_ Jan 11, 2018 4:05 pm

congrats on your second RA-year :)

Tim O'Brien Jan 11, 2018 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by turner32 (Post 29278309)
Anyone not renewed, but think they should have been, try emailing [email protected] for a review of your account. These are the guys that sorted mine out.

i wld suggest they go through the channel you did.

getting the referral from the CEO i imagine wld carry some weight^

Tim O'Brien Jan 11, 2018 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by tarek.h (Post 29281165)
GR.corporateliaison were very efficient for the Manual Recount. I got an answer within 24 hours while David Canty never replied.
By the way, In their email they mentioned : "Over the course of the year we look forward to announcing new privileges to ensure your experiences continue to be rewarding."

great data point, confirmation of USD10K IC net spend^

Tim O'Brien Jan 11, 2018 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by HadesNL (Post 29279265)

To everyone who (re)qualified i say do enjoy 2018 with a tipple from the minibar .
To those that didn't, hopefully the fruit in the Ambassador welcome bowl will be sweet enough to soften the loss .

You may add the follwing data point to the sticky:
Elite qualifying points: 239,095
Qualifying nights: 39

ADR: average daily rate booked is 1) flex with breakfast or 2) yourrateIHG nonrefundable
(Bookingmostly in jr. suite upwards - always spend once a stay in each hotel's signature dining venue or bar for entertaining guests)
di
Note: i tried to count points made by expenditure and before/after tax but i gave up after tackling that horrible new website and behold today my ambassador statement had all the figures ready.

I made it fortunately just before my upcoming stay at Parklane, now i can at least afford to look at prices in GBP ;)

Done.

what about just dividing your EQP's by 10 to get your USD spend? unless you are earning EQP's via other avenues, like IHG MC spend, or other?

samjnz Jan 11, 2018 7:39 pm

Silly question but how do you count up the revenue spent over the year on the IHG site? Do you have to do it manually from all the email confirmations?

tarek.h Jan 11, 2018 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by samjnz (Post 29281999)
Silly question but how do you count up the revenue spent over the year on the IHG site? Do you have to do it manually from all the email confirmations?

You go to your "Past Stays", click on every stay and check the Qualified spend.
The new website interface is a real pain though ... i found it to be a bit easier on the app

Tim O'Brien Jan 11, 2018 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by samjnz (Post 29281999)

if you are an IC stayer, then divide your IC stays EQP's by 10 to establish your USD net qualifying spend.

Tim O'Brien Jan 11, 2018 9:17 pm

hey tarek.h , not an employee at Makati are you?:D

hopefully that's the most meaningful data point to date....^

tarek.h Jan 11, 2018 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien (Post 29282290)
hey tarek.h , not an employee at Makati are you?:D
.^

I wish I was ! I would have taught them how to properly answer emails and address queries :)

Tim O'Brien Jan 11, 2018 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by tarek.h (Post 29282482)
I wish I was ! I would have taught them how to properly answer emails and address queries :)

marahil ito ay nawala sa pagsasalin:D

turner32 Jan 12, 2018 1:10 am

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien (Post 29281745)
i wld suggest they go through the channel you did.

getting the referral from the CEO i imagine wld carry some weight^

Poor form from David Canty ignoring our emails, but at least we have established a simple and effective means of account review, if any of us are in the same boat come year end.

sharps1337 Jan 12, 2018 1:19 am

My EQP/10 is exactly (for all stays) the number of qual. spend in Euro. The USD qual. spend is also shown but is higher (obivously). Do you think that is a mistake or do we get less points in Europe?

IAN-UK Jan 12, 2018 3:25 am

I'm guessing he doesn't need to reply - just to refer your message on to the relative department (hopefully with a positive comment).

My reward for spending more than one in every 5 nights of 2017 in an IC was:

...the good news is you will receive free of charge a full year of Spire Ambassador status

That's a value of $150, right ? Time to celebrate :D