Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2014)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2014)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2014, 1:02 pm

Intercontinental Prague

InterContinental Prague

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, very happy!

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked with bogo, received junior suite (at suite level), minibar WITH snacks, restaurant breakfast, club access, fast wifi, RA gifts. RA heaven

How are the rooms?

Some pictures:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.boardinga...tinental-prag/

How is the exec. lounge?
Nice, not large, but only for guests in a suite or RA's. (You could buy access at the reception)

Breakfast (restaurant breakfast also offered) with good choices. Soft drinks, beer during the day. Cakes and sandwiches at afternoon. Hot dishes during evening spread.

What was your welcome gift?
Two bottles wine and sweets.

Did you receive fruit in the room?
Yes

What was good and what was bad?
Good
  • Location, location, location
  • Infrastructure (pool, garage, fitness center)
  • Club lounge
  • RA recognition
  • Junior Suite
  • View
  • Design

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Yes

Would you return?
Yes
Old Nov 8, 2014, 8:20 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
IC PARIS LG

Yes , once again, staff care and are friendly and helpful, and as RA the usual good upgrade and lounge access and bennies given without any issues/questions

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive
Booked:- Exec Room (Bogo)
(Actually I rebooked my Bogo Classic to an Exec 3days out as room rates had dropped, Exec was 12euro less than a Classic booked in Jan2014)

Upgrade:-
Initially modded to J/S (my usual upgrade from Classic/Superior)
After 4pm cancel day before downgraded mod to Twin Deluxe Opera View
8am online of day showed Prestigue Suite
6pm Checkin , preallocated 1st Floor Duplex Prestigue Suite not free
5th floor Scribe View Prestigue Suite found for me instead, (first time this Rue Scribes sides view for me.)

How are the rooms?
External Entrance of P/Suite to Room Hallway (1m x 4m) to room areas
o Door to left , Bedroom with door to bathroom
o Door to front to small room area with storage, additional wc+sink
o Door to right to sitting room
o Storage closset off hallway

BEDROOM
o Comfy King Bed with pillows etc, bedside tables + lamps
o Mediium (32-36") size TV on Chest Drawers end of bed.
o Small padded chair
o Window to small terrace standing space
o Door to bathroom
o Standard Bathroom bit smaller than in usual J/Suites
Bath, separate shower cubicle, single sink, nice towels, small agraria tolietries (and another window to 1m x 1m terrace)

ROOM AHEAD (2m x 3m)
o Door to second toliet/washbasin
o Window to standing terrace (1m x 1m )
o Storage cupboard and drawers

SITTING ROOM
o Work Desk + Chair
o 2seater Setee + Glass table
o Lounge Chair
o Small round high table
o Minibar (standard fill, although l/h/s door had kettle/coffee/tea tray)
o 42" TV on top of minibar, plenty of UK channel choices
o Window to standing terrace (1m x 1m )

How is the exec. lounge?
Lovely Duplex Lounge, checked in here.
All day champagne, can order up breakfast Eggs and my poached eggs had runny yolks I like. Even have Bagels to go with smoked salmon and philly cream cheese
Nice coffee machine with cardboard takeway cups , as room on 5th floor used extensively this visit.

Although I had cancelled my other PLG visit two weekends before (for my birthday weekend.. I went to IC Cannes), my welcome card wished me a Happy Birthday so someone was being nice to us.
+A steel thermos type takeway coffee cup (now I have a pair )
+Plate Maccaroons
+Proper chocolate cake (not a sponge cake)
+3 bottles Juice (ones we don't drink, eg Apricot etc flavour, set)
So although thought appreciated not touched
+ Full bottle champagne in full ice bucket

Yes, delivered as i was leaving 7.30pm for evening lounge drinks offering as I checked in at 6pm. but waited till 7.15pm for a room Saw fruit etc on return along with other goodies

GOOD
+ 5th Floor room (a first) so easy 60seconds to visit Lounge for takeaway coffee
+ 4pm checkout
+ no door knocks/phonecalls during 1200-1600 on checkout day
+ Welcome gifts and extra effort for my Birthday of 2weekends before
+ Nice upgrade to another Prestigue Suite as at 6pm checkin was told my room not ready
+ Lounge access is free
+ UK TV channels BBC1/2, ITV1/2/4, ++ Skysport1

NEUTRAL
o Lounge clerk asked me at 6pm to take a temporary room as mine not cleaned? I had been burnt on waits once before so politely refused saying I don't want to lose my evening changing rooms. A wise decision as I later discovered my room would never have become available as guest in room extended there stay ! Why can't staff do such a simple check.
o Shown unacceptable alternative (Presigue Suite he said) small, bedroom+small sitting room, low floor to courtyard view and my PLG profile says no courtyard views as no sunllight (I'd rather have external view in standard Junior Suite)
o Hour wait till 7.15pm for alternative P/Suite room to be offered. But have to admit it was a very nice room.

Bogo always good value here and my bogo expired on my checkin day Fri 31st October so extra sweet, plus i managed to cancel/rebook 3days out as room rates had dropped.

Would you return?
Always whilst I am still an RA and get a J/Suite upwards with Lounge Access by booking Superior room , maybe even w/o the Lounge Access .

If I drop to plain Ambassador I would be less sure as would then need book Exec Room (which I feel are a usually a bit pricey) to get the J/Suite I am looking for here

Paris is an expensive City for hotel rooms with many small rooms, so I have no issues paying PLG rates for the big rooms.

Last edited by scubaccr; Nov 8, 2014 at 8:25 am
Old Nov 8, 2014, 10:50 am

IC Carlton Cannes

IC Carlton Cannes

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay ?
Yes

I booked two rooms, 1 standard room on a (low) weekend rate, and 1 room on points; we received a 2 bedroom suite on the 2nd floor

How are the rooms?
Huge, full on sea view, but tired, renovation overdue
Very comfortable bed

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good
- Upgrade
- Location, right on the croisette
- Very friendly check in
- Very good breakfast in the sun on the terrace with a glass of champagne
Bad
- My 2 bookings were combined under the point booking, and as a result bill was a mess; charged for mini bar, charged for breakfast (even though breakfast for 2 was included in the paid room). I sort of understand why it happened but don't understand why it took more than 20 minutes (and insistence on my part) at check out to get it sorted out.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

On the low winter rates and with RA seaview upgrade- most definitely.

Last edited by Banie; Nov 8, 2014 at 10:58 am
Old Nov 8, 2014, 10:57 am

IC Le Grand Paris

IC Le Grand Paris

Yes.

Standard room on points, upgraded to a junior suite

How are the rooms?
I like the J/S at Le Grand- lost of space and light, huge bathroom, my only issue is with the position of the TV, not comfortable to watch from the sofa or from the bed, but then again there is so much to do in Paris I don't need to watch TV

How is the exec. lounge?
In my view one of the best. Excellent staff. Good breakfast including eggs to order, wine and (good) champagne all day. The food seems more limited in that I remember (I is probably 2 years since I was last here)

Good

- I like the location (good for Christmas shopping)
- Friendly staff
- All RA benefits on points stay
- Good club
- Large light filled room
- Birthday cake in the restaurant following dinner (on top of all the usual RA treats)
Bad
- Nothing

Yes.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 6:53 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
IC BKK

Yes, so far so good.

Booked two nights, two queen bed Grande Deluxe nights on points (rate was over THB7000 those nights,) and one on my corp rate, and received a King Grande Deluxe high floor with a good view to the east.

How are the rooms?
Around 45sqm
Seating area with desk and sofa.
Very comfortable bed.
Adequate bathroom with bathtub and separate rainforest shower
Flatscreen television with large selection of international channels.
iPhone dock near the TV (I prefer Samsung, so didn't use it)
Nice use of wood, including the entry floor

How is the exec. lounge?
Great, I had been at the Grand Hyatt for two nights before this and the difference is remarkable. IC's Club was more like what I would expect, comfortable seating, extensive decoration using built-in bookcases/shelves, great views from anywhere. I does help to be higher up (37th floor vs 17th for the GH.) Food and beverage selection far superior as well.

Good
Good location, with a escalator up at the Chitlom Skytrain station just outside, helpful for crossing the busy street to get to Amarin Bldg for the great foot massage place.
Great staff
Very good breakfast with extensive choice of Japanese, Chinese, Western, Thai specialties.
A bit smaller pool but nice views and never too crowded. Excellent fitness center,spa
Fast wifi, though had trouble initially getting the log-in screen to come up.

Bad
Nothing

Absolutely.

Note: This property is sometimes known not to honor many RA benes on points stays, which was their initial comment to me. I was already in BKK for the week and stopped by to speak with the front desk staff. The manager on duty explained their policy, but since I had one night paid and two on points, he agreed to extend club access all three nights, since I agreed to no room UPG, (the room class booked was fine with king instead of two queen beds,) and waived the free minibar perk. There are plenty of drinks at the Club so that wasn't important to me. Normally, I would have done paid nights, but probably because of the festival, two of the nights were showing only the higher rates THB7000+, so with the fees and tax about US$270, so a good use of points, especially cash+points.

Last edited by rbAA; Nov 8, 2014 at 7:03 pm
Old Nov 9, 2014, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Just a note about all the recent Paris Le Grand posts, I am here again for the umpteenth time this year, on a points booking for the holiday weekend. Upgraded from Classic to Prestige Suite, overlooking the lobby pyramid. They know I prefer an inner facing room because it avoids all the street noise of Paris, yet there is still plenty of sunlight. So we all have our preferences. I'm sitting at the desk now looking up at a blue sky.

Of course I was given Club access and mini-bar. So IMHO, you don't need to book Exec or Superior to get these benefits as an RA.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 3:52 am

IC Seoul Grand Parnas

Yes, very happy.

Booked cheapest room for three nights and got upgraded to a King Bed Club Junior suite on 32nd floor, including access to the club.

How are the rooms?
Separate shower and bath tub in the bath room. Large room with a big king size bed and a nice seating area with coach.

How is the exec. lounge?
Breakfast had a large selection of American breakfast, Asian food, salad etc. Special wishes like sliced cheese and egg dishes were be okay, too.
Selection of fruits, cheese and cakes during tea time. Did not find time to visit the lounge in the evening.
Very attentive staff, knowing at the second morning already my needs for breakfast.

Yes, fruits, a selection of different water water bottles and chocolate.

A golden bear.

Good
  • Lounge access including one guest.
  • Separate Check-in office for Ambassadors beside the regular check-in.
  • Nice pool.
  • Very friendly and helpfull staff.

Bad
  • Nothing.

Great value.

Would you return?
Yes for sure.

Last edited by cazane; Nov 9, 2014 at 3:53 am Reason: Missing bracket in a tag
Old Nov 9, 2014, 3:55 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
Just a note about all the recent Paris Le Grand posts, I am here again for the umpteenth time this year, on a points booking for the holiday weekend. Upgraded from Classic to Prestige Suite, overlooking the lobby pyramid. They know I prefer an inner facing room because it avoids all the street noise of Paris, yet there is still plenty of sunlight. So we all have our preferences. I'm sitting at the desk now looking up at a blue sky.

Of course I was given Club access and mini-bar. So IMHO, you don't need to book Exec or Superior to get these benefits as an RA.

I tend to believe IC hotels with larger number of rooms and suites (PLG, Park Lane have 400rooms) reward "Real"regulars with such better upgrades wherever they can, as seems to be my recent London-PL upgrade experiences. Do you believe every RA, especially RA on a first PLG trip non-paid award, will be similarly treated? I can't.

Thus despite my being a repeat visitor, booking short 2/3/4day weekends breaks 2-3 times a year for 4years, I just can't/don't expect a Prestige Suite upgrade from lowest two categories Classic or Superior whether as a paid/award reservation, and especially on an award.

Maybe you confirn, roughly how many nights have you stayed at PLG in total and over the last 24months to merit the extra recognition.

Do not get me wrong, I am not complaining about my received upgrades at PLG, but I do feel your above post is setting an unrealistic expectation regards upgrades for other RA's without your PLG stay history especially on points.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Do not get me wrong, I am not complaining about my received upgrades at PLG, but I do feel your above post is setting an unrealistic expectation regards upgrades for other RA's without your PLG stay history especially on points.
I realize we are over 1000 posts in this thread and it's a lot to search through, but I'm not the only one getting these upgrades. Yes I am sure that my repeat business helps, but I've seen lots of other posts here and in the LG master thread where other RA's who are not regulars here get at minimum a junior suite on Classic bookings (both paid and award) and sometimes better. Maybe these people are begging the GM, or claiming they are on a honeymoon or host a blog on travel or some such other nefarious scheme to get an upgrade, but it does happen.

And I do not always go from Classic to Prestige Suite. Sometimes the hotel is jam packed at I'll get a junior suite. And it happened once in the last few years that I only got an Executive room. So it's good to keep in mind that YMMV on upgrades, even at a large hotel like Le Grand.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
I've only had one stay at PLG. We booked a club room on a BOGO and received a Royal Suite. It was an excellent stay and an excellent upgrade. I don't expect that to happen again though.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 6:24 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

A friendly reminder that this thread is about reports of the experiences of Royal Ambassadors in various hotels and not so much about discussion the hotels itself.

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old Nov 11, 2014, 8:38 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
IC Hua Hin

Yes, very happy!

Booked one night King Premier plus 6 nights award, received King Deluxe Suite all 7 nights plus Club access and minibar. Very generous.

How are the rooms?
Fantastic, the balcony is more appropriately described as a veranda and has a large, round Jacuzzi tub. Not really a suite, as it is one large (80sq.m.) room, but spacious with a table and chairs on one side, the king bed in the middle of the room and a couch with two chairs on the other side. Bathroom is well laid out, with (another) large tub (faucets and handheld shower head in the middle of the tub,) and large shower room adjoining it. OK, the toilet paper holder is in a awkward place, but can live with it. Could use a few more clothes hangers in the spacious closets, since I'll be here a week and can unpack. They are coming from housekeeping later.

How is the exec. lounge?
Nice, not large, but there is additional seating outside (smoking area.) Choice of breakfast: Club (ehh, not so much,) Felicita restaurant (excellent-great hot red curry chicken,) or room service. First time I've had that offered. The evening food and beverage service is a little light on the food offerings (especially after staying at the IC BKK the past three nights,) though I don't think that it is anything to complain about. There was bacon wrapped shrimp, satay chicken, and spicy pork with rice noodles, small servings but replenished frequently. Plus fruits, salad, desserts, etc. I've read some reports, complaining about the food offerings, so either they took that to heart and improved, or... well this is FT.

A fruit PLATTER that could last a week, sweets, and cookies.

Yes, a platter full.

Good
Infrastructure (pool,grounds, fitness center)
Club lounge
RA recognition and as RA, the shuttle to IC BKK doesn't need the minimum 4 passengers in order to operate
Suite plus Club plus minibar
View, though there are adjacent high rise condo buildings on either side of the property, which impair a small part of it
Design and furnishings
Not too much nearby

Bad
Well, it is right on the busy road, so some traffic noise if your (two) large sets of sliding glass doors are open. Might bother some light sleepers.
And, not too much nearby.

Excellent, since I'm paying THB7245 all in for the first night, plus 150k points (25k per nt.) for the other 6 nights.

Would you return?
Yes

Last edited by rbAA; Nov 14, 2014 at 8:14 pm
Old Nov 17, 2014, 11:56 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
PLG

Originally Posted by stimpy
I realize we are over 1000 posts in this thread and it's a lot to search through, but I'm not the only one getting these upgrades. Yes I am sure that my repeat business helps, but I've seen lots of other posts here and in the LG master thread where other RA's who are not regulars here get at minimum a junior suite on Classic bookings (both paid and award) and sometimes better. Maybe these people are begging the GM, or claiming they are on a honeymoon or host a blog on travel or some such other nefarious scheme to get an upgrade, but it does happen.

And I do not always go from Classic to Prestige Suite. Sometimes the hotel is jam packed at I'll get a junior suite. And it happened once in the last few years that I only got an Executive room. So it's good to keep in mind that YMMV on upgrades, even at a large hotel like Le Grand.

I once received an upgrade to the Opera view room instead of J/S. But was actually very pleasantly surprised. It's smaller but the view is nice. On top of that I'm always very happy to NOT receive brands other than Agraria - there were large sized L'occitane toiletries in the Opera view room.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
InterContinental Lisbon

Yes, very impressed by the quality of service.

Booked best advance rate with breakfast, and received an Executive Suite with Eduardo VII view

How are the rooms?
Around 55sqm. More a large room than a suite
Seating area with desk and sofas.
Comfortable bed.
Nice marble bathroom with double sink, bathtub, separate multi-jet shower. Very nice Castelbel amenities (love the smell).
Dressing area.
Flatscreen television with large selection of international channels.
No iPhone dock. Sony mini-chain
Delta expresso machine, kettle
Elegant classic design
Very quiet.
View over the park
Impressive minibar with massive selection of wine, porto wine, champagne, liquors (but strangely no Diet Coke)
Bottle of Porto wine as welcome gift.

Video of the Executive Suite

How is the exec. lounge?
The lounge, which is quite large, is located on the ground floor, next to the reception.
No view but pleasant atmosphere
Great staff
Cold and warm evening canapés and alcohol selection in the evening
Very good breakfast with à la carte choice
Open until 11pm

Good
- Central location, 15 minutes walk to the Bairro Alto historical district. Metro station is at 5 minutes walk to the hotel
- Great attentive and smiling staff
- Very good club lounge (evening salads and soups would be welcomed still)

Bad
- Wifi can be slow
- Some issues with housekeeping (stain on the inside of the blanket, housekeeping getting into the room - to bring mouthwash which was not asked - without knocking at the door, housework done with a lot of noise in the room next door).

Absolutely. A very nice experience, and very happy to see IC back to Lisbon!
Old Nov 19, 2014, 10:52 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, 2MM; Hilton Diamond; IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by nicolas75

There is indeed a small but pleasant club lounge at IC New Orleans
http://www.icneworleans.com/rooms/executive_club_level/
No longer. I was told that the lounge is going away in the renovation. I hope they change their mind as it was indeed small but pleasant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.