Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2014)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2014, 3:54 am

IC Vienna

IC Vienna

- What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Platinum Ambassador

- Were you happy with the hotel?
Nice hotel and good location

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked classic, got upgraded to Deluxe room. No access to Lounge.

- How are the rooms?
The room was spacious, had a nice sofa, desk. View was not the best since it was not facing the park. Couple things that I found strange. Once open the bathroom door the first thing you see is the toilet. The wardrobe, safe and kettle are inside the bathroom. At least the kettle, mugs could be placed in the room on top of the chest of drawers.

- How is the exec. lounge?
No access.

- What was your welcome gift?
Viennese chocolates.

- Did you receive fruit and water in the room?
Bottle of water (every day) and fruit.

- What was good?
AMB recognition: upgrade to bigger room and late check-out

- What was bad?
No blackout curtains.

- Value for the money? Would you return?
Yes, would stay there again. If I go back to Vienna may check the Hilton on the other side of the park to compare.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 7:08 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by johhenrik
Good to know, thanks! Although, I hve never been denied an upgrade, although some hotels of course have the "fiftyleeven" different room types setup, so the upgrade is from room -> high-floor room etc.
Yes, agree, rather handy being RA not "Plain" Ambassador, as IC hotels in my limited experience seem to upgrade RAs first before Ambassadors.

As such very rare as a RA to not get my suite upgrade when booking one level below a suite.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 4:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA PP
Originally Posted by scubaccr
IF no upgrade is given you are entitled to ask for a refund of the difference in rate between booked room, and room one level below ... from which you would in theory have been booked to end up in the non-upgraded room.

Once you demand refund of $nn then often hotel plays ball, as cost of upgrade is extra cleaning which is less than the refund. Of course this only works if you are not booking the basic room for your IC .
I took the advice of another forum member and called corporate. They agreed that I should have gotten the upgrade and the hotel dropped the ball. The insult to injury was the utter lack of other amenities except the fruit bowl and a single bottle of water. (Which tells me they absolutely knew I am an Ambassador.). Then the hotel trying to pull the "upgrades are based on availability" BS.

The hotel called and apologized profusely, and offered me something in return. The first offer was IMHO a lowball, and I politely said so. They upped the ante, and I accepted it.

While I was in the phone with corporate, they asked if I had any upcoming reservations--I have three. Only one of which was showing as upgraded.

She sent a note to the properties asking why they haven't upgraded me. If I don't get those upgrades, there's going to be a serious problem. No, I'm not calling French Polynesia to confirm in advance. That is their responsibility, I shouldn't have to go chasing what should be automatic.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 8:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold
IC Prague

IC Prague

- What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Gold Ambassador

- Were you happy with the hotel?
I was

Booked cheapest available, received King Executive (one level up)

- How are the rooms?
A rather long and small room with two windows and some kind of notch for the (rather nice and comfy) bed.

No access given

- What was your welcome gift?
Fruit and some cookies as well as a bottle of wine. Plus hand written welcome letter from GM

- Did you receive fruit and water in the room?
Only one small water upon arrival (used to be replaced every day in the past); fruit see above

- What was good?

- Very good location in Prague, everything can be reached by foot (though this is true about other good hotels in Prague too)
- IMHO friendly staff
- Concierge is friendly and efficient in the Prague IC when it comes to making restaurant reservations
- Rooms are (IMHO) still good though a little bit worn, there definitely newer ICs.

- What was bad?

- Water not replaced daily
- Room had bad view, no room with city or river view was given

- Value for the money? Would you return?
Generally speaking yes, depending on the actual rate of course. Stayed two nights one of which was free (BRG) therefore great value.

Last edited by FlyEurope; Mar 30, 2014 at 11:28 am
Old Mar 30, 2014, 9:16 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, Koru Life, QF Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Le Club Accor Plat, Carlson Gold
Intercontinental Grand Standford

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Platinum Ambassador

Were you happy with the hotel?
Yes hotel was very nice

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a deluxe harbour view and was upgraded to a full harbour view

How are the rooms?
Everything was nice and modern - window of the room was large and gave exceptional views - we did not pull the curtains once to spoil the view

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

What was your welcome gift?
Children received a IC Teddy Bear dressed in a Chefs uniform each - in the room was a bowl of fruit, some Macaroons and bottled water

Did you receive fruit and water in the room?
Yes

What was good?
Amazing views, AMB recognition - excellent check-in facilities for AMB

What was bad?
Food relatively expensive

Value for the money? Would you return?
Yes and would probably return, however a Holiday Inn Golden Mile room with access to the new Executive Lounge costs the same as a deluxe room at the IC and the food is much better there
Old Apr 6, 2014, 9:46 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
IC Wellington NZ

Platinum Ambassador after losing RA status

Yes always happy here

Booked club room, upgraded to club room with spa

How are the rooms?
One of the old rooms so a bit dated but overall still quite nice. Nicer than a normal room as you have that bit of extra room, and also the bathroom obviously has the spa bath but a separate shower with two showerheads.

How is the exec. lounge?
Tired but soon to be updated and moved down to the 7th floor along the front of the building. Staff are great. Hate that they do the tasting plate at evening canaps, there's not much to it and 2 items were seafood which I don't really like. Small range of cheeses and nacho chips. Time for an update on this front I think.

bottled water and plate of cookies/chocolate.

only water. don't think I've ever seen fruit?

What was good?
was able to check in early. Great location.

What was bad?
club lounge tasting plate. yes, really!

Value for the money? Would you return
Pricey being a last minute booking due to going to a funeral, but we always come back.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 6:07 am

Programs: Free Agent
IC Santiago Chile

Platinum Ambassador

Booked deluxe, upgraded to club

How are the rooms?
a bit dated but clean. air con loud, very loud. walk in shower and separate tub.

How is the exec. lounge?
fine- tea and coffee all day; breakfast with assorted cold meats, premade omelets. lots of fruit. evening snacks and bar. staff very friendly

r welcome gift?
red wine

yes- water replaced daily
fruit bowl with approx 8 pieces fresh local fruit (apple, pear, etc)

What was good?
Great location for evening walk to restaurants; concierge staff outstanding. hotel uses a private car service that was very reliable.

What was bad?
air con- really folks, it is very very loud.

average price for business trip; would return as location is central to all I need in Santiago
Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA, UA, USAir, Hawaiian, Southworst, HHonors, SPG, Marriott
Smile InterContinental Le Moana Bora Bora

Gold Ambassador

Yeah hotel was not bad

Booked beach villa, upgrade to lagoon OWB, albeit one quite close to boat dock

How are the rooms?
traditional Tahitian decor, nicely done.

How is the exec. lounge?
None

Your welcome gift?
Two drinks, beach bag, T-shirt, sarong

Water replaced daily
4 fresh fruit skewers

What was good?
Great staff, nice grounds, good location

What was bad?
OWB location is loud and no privacy.

Good value for the money for a resort. You can use IC Thalasso facilities without paying those prices.

Last edited by ethiopianbuffman; Apr 8, 2014 at 7:26 pm Reason: spelling
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:45 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
Intercontinental Berlin

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Superior. Got Deluxe room in new wing, 12th floor with great view.

How are the rooms?
Very spacious and comfortable. A few scuffs but very stylish and great bathroom.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Chocolates, wine, free item from minibar, fruit and water.

What was good and what was bad?
I enquired at check in about getting a junior suite and was told that the lady at check in prefers the more stylish Deluxe rooms I certainly wasn't disappointed. View over berlin was excellent. Very friendly staff.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
126 euros was a good deal I felt.

Would you return?

Yes
Old Apr 18, 2014, 5:43 pm

Programs: Some, not all.
IC Montreal

Intercontinental Montreal

Platinum Ambassador

Yes

Booked TRES GRAND LIT CLUB INTERCONTINENTALKING (club room), upgraded to SUITE 1 CHAMBRE 1 BDROOM ICONIC TOURELLE (1 bedroom suite).

How are the rooms?
The bedroom felt undersized in comparison to the lounge which was huge, great views and very comfortable. Some design niggles: coffee machine was in the bedroom rather than lounge, large bathroom but small shower.

How is the exec. lounge?
Very good, albeit limited hot breakfast options. Soft drinks and cookies all through the day. Beer, wine and liquor between 5:30 and 7:30pm and some nice snack options.

A bag of L'Occitane toiletries. I guessing leftovers when IC moved to Agraria brand

The hotel felt like a very nice CP, very nice and comfortable but definitely business over luxury. The front desk staff could have been better, I had two back to back bookings with the first on a free weekend night - this took 15 minutes to bill correctly and was apparantly my fault for not handing over to voucher at check in (booked as IBAMB rate).

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Paid CP prices, so very happy with what we got. Not the best use of a free night voucher, but was better that it going to waste.

Would you return?
Yes. In this instance it helped towards my big win targets, but was pleasantly surprised with Montreal and the small price differential for nthe club room was money well spent.
Old May 17, 2014, 6:21 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
IC Wuxi

Platinum Ambassador

Yes.

Booked Deluxe view Room, received 1 King Bed Club Room.

How are the rooms?
Spacious with couch and view of the smog. Underwhelming

How is the exec. lounge?
Upgrade did not include club access which was charged at 280RMB (USD 45). Good selection of food - mediocre wines for happy hour

Good

Confirmed upgrade
Welcome drink of wine/beer at the hotel bar.

Bad
No club access offered.
Limited options for inhouse dining
Underwhelming rooms

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
No.
Old May 18, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: All of the above
IC BOSTON

YES,very much so

Booked King Club with BOGO Received Superior Suite

- How are the rooms?
Large,modern, Separate living room with dining table, beautiful bath with tub/shower/double sinks/separate half bath

Excellent...very good breakfast,cocktail hour with hot and cold selections,lunch/tea snacks and sandwiches etc.

Ambassador recognition, upgrade, gift of bottle of wine, chocolates,mimosas and Anniversary cake sent at breakfast in club

- Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Absolutely, and I live in Boston. Spent the weekend for our anniversary
Old May 18, 2014, 7:50 pm

IC Osaka

Platinum Ambassador

Yes.

Booked a base king non-smoking room on a BOGO weekend stay and got upgraded to a larger more spacious room with a view. Booked a friend in on points on the second night and they got the base which was perfectly nice, though the view was a restricted one of the tower next door whereas with the upgrade we got a panorama view of Osaka.

How are the rooms?
New, nicely thought out and with high-level finishings.

How is the exec. lounge?
Did not use.

Good
Upgraded room.
All the bennies even though it was a BOGO stay.
Excellent staff and because it's so new everything around you is nice to the touch and easy on the eye.

Bad
Lunch in the bar was a little rushed.
Nothing reflecting on the hotel but a search with the concierge for a sushi bar that was non-smoking was fruitless, just a general problem eating out in Japan. Ended up at the restaurants atop the department store where you are generally safe.

Very much so. Looking forward to staying again maybe try the club.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 1:15 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards, Star Alliance, PC Plat Amb, Delta
IC Tokyo Bay

Platinum Ambassador

Been noting a lot of bad reviews from guests including friends of ours as of late so I was very surprised when our experience was very different.
YES !!!

BOGO used - Booked King Club Superior River view, got a Deluxe bay View Bath. Forgot the cert when we arrived - no problem at all. Had it brought before our check out so we could square everything away.

How are the rooms?
Seemed a little snug but ample for weekend stay- desk, easy chair, bedside controls. Gorgeous view from the bathroom.

How is the exec. lounge?
Very small compared to ANA IC with much less offerings but hot items were new every evening. It was never too crowded while we were there. A lot of English speaking staff who were excellent hosts.

Good
EXCELLENT SERVICE - we do our annual celebrations at IC ANA but tried Tokyo Bay for the first time. We were not disappointed although we've heard a lot of negative reviews so far. Sent them an email which was promptly addressed, an upgrade was offered then.

They gave KT a Bday cake & fruit platter before we left- so very kind of them.

The view !

Wanted to explore this side of the city so we were able to revisit Tokyo Tower, Kyu Shiba Rikyu Gardens, Odaiba while we were there. Took a Sunset cruise down the Sumida on our way back home.

Bad
Lounge food needs to be revisited. We were only there for 2 days, could be trickier if you had to stay longer.
Room was a smaller than I expected.
Could be a little confusing to find from the station. - maybe it was just me.

Definitely. Loved the service at the Club. Very good second as our favourite IC hotel in Tokyo.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 9:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA PP
IC Tahiti

Gold Ambassador

It was fine, but not great.

Booked a standard room so we would be able to check in immediately on arrival in the early morning--upgraded to garden view which offered a view of the water as well. Later in the day we moved to an over the water bungalow--booked Motu bungalow and was upgraded to lagoon bungalow--although the worst located one without much view. We returned a week later and were upgraded from a lagoon view room to a panoramic room.

How are the rooms?
First room was pleasant, comfortable and clean. Bungalow didn't have a good view--it looked onto a marina and an urbanized part of Tahiti, not across the water to Moorea, we would have had a better view in a motu bungalow (although they were closed for renovation and we later learned that everyone who had booked a motu bungalow received an upgrade to lagoon bungalow, regardless of status.)

The hairdryer didn't work in either of the first two rooms we occupied.

The Panoramic room was clean and well equipped, with a working hairdryer. The floor was so creaky that even tiptoeing as lightly as possible over it made a terrible racket.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Cookies in a tin.

Yes

What was good?
The beds were quite comfortable and the A/C worked well.

What was bad?
Ridiculously expensive food, long lines to check in, even with status.

Value for the money? Would you return?
We would probably go to the Hilton on Moorea if we returned. Overall we were not overly impressed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.