FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2014)
Old Jun 4, 2014, 1:15 am
bmttokyo

Programs: Marriott Rewards, Star Alliance, PC Plat Amb, Delta
IC Tokyo Bay

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Been noting a lot of bad reviews from guests including friends of ours as of late so I was very surprised when our experience was very different.
YES !!!

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
BOGO used - Booked King Club Superior River view, got a Deluxe bay View Bath. Forgot the cert when we arrived - no problem at all. Had it brought before our check out so we could square everything away.

How are the rooms?
Seemed a little snug but ample for weekend stay- desk, easy chair, bedside controls. Gorgeous view from the bathroom.

How is the exec. lounge?
Very small compared to ANA IC with much less offerings but hot items were new every evening. It was never too crowded while we were there. A lot of English speaking staff who were excellent hosts.

What was good and what was bad?

Good
EXCELLENT SERVICE - we do our annual celebrations at IC ANA but tried Tokyo Bay for the first time. We were not disappointed although we've heard a lot of negative reviews so far. Sent them an email which was promptly addressed, an upgrade was offered then.

They gave KT a Bday cake & fruit platter before we left- so very kind of them.

The view !

Wanted to explore this side of the city so we were able to revisit Tokyo Tower, Kyu Shiba Rikyu Gardens, Odaiba while we were there. Took a Sunset cruise down the Sumida on our way back home.

Bad
Lounge food needs to be revisited. We were only there for 2 days, could be trickier if you had to stay longer.
Room was a smaller than I expected.
Could be a little confusing to find from the station. - maybe it was just me.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Definitely. Loved the service at the Club. Very good second as our favourite IC hotel in Tokyo.