Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 2, 2015, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Suite Disposition
ALL THE URLS AND LINKS IN YOUR EMAILS ARE THE SAME. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO "REPLAY" A GIVEN EMAIL.

Plays are linked to your IHG account number and your IHG link you receive in the email. The links contained are unique to each IHG account number and cannot be "shared".

If you didn't receive all your plays and think that HW might have gotten your email address incorrect, then simply click the link again in your email.

Their email is [email protected].

Quantity of emails received does not always equal quantity of plays available. Emails received does imply that you have plays available.

If you click on your email links and receive a screen with the below message then you do not have plays available.
We love your enthusiasm!
However, you do not have any instant win chances to use.
Complete a qualified stay before February 15 to earn another chance to win.

Prizes:
Chances of winning:
500 pts 1:1.18 or 84.75% (This does not mean you will be guaranteed 500 pts per play)
1000 Pts 1:14.29 or 6.7%
2000 Pts 1:28.57 or 3.5%
5000 Pts 1:42.86 or 2.33%
Other prizes or no prizes: depends on number of entries

5B Prizes= 1,000, 2000, 5,000, $50 GC & Free night

BE SURE TO REGISTER BEFORE SENDING IN ENTRIES!

Leave Surprises here:
500 points (x1098)
1000 points (x42)
2000 points (x26)
5000 points (x17)
$50 Prepaid MasterCard (x13)
1 free night at any IHG hotel (x6)
$2500 Gilt.com GC (x1)
Sony Package (x1)
No Win (x7)

Official Rules

Logistics of the Mail-In Option:
Index Cards Okay? YES (I used 3x5 blank index cards and they were accepted)
Lined Index Cards Okay? Yes, of course, enough with the index cards!
OK to mail cards not inside an envelope? Not according to the rules, which state they must be inside envelopes, one card per envelope

Need to write title before each line? NO

Need second phone number? NO

Middle name required? NO (Left mine out, still got emails. If it's part of your account info, maybe leave it.)

Printed Destination Address Okay? YES (I used printed a bunch of sticker labels and put them on envelopes, accepted)

Printed Return Address Okay? YES (I used an ink stamp)

No Return Address Okay? Yes

Envelope size? Doesn't seem to matter

Non-IHG MasterCard Okay? YES
Debit MasterCard Okay? YES (I used an Ally Bank issued Debit MasterCard)
Use somebody else's MasterCard first 6 digits? YES

There have been reports of mail-in entry emails being sent out on 12/4 and 12/11, and the emails came in rapid succession. This is indicative of HelloWorld batching these out.
Initially batches of emails sent out was on Fridays but as of of 1/6/16 appears to be Wednesdays
#1 Batch=12/4
#2 Batch= 12/11
#3 Batch= 12/18
#4 Batch(xmas)= 12/23
#5 Batch(New Years Day)=12/30
#6 Batch= 1/6
#7 Batch= 1/13
#8 Batch= 1/18-1/24 (emails appear to be arriving daily)
#9 Batch= 2/3-2/5

As of 1/5, points have been posting within a week(ish) of playing and getting confirmation that you've won points.

Points will be paid out without additional email

Some points have been distributed (probably in batches on either Monday or Tuesday)
Points Payout Batches:
#1 12/28 & 12/29--500 pts, 1000pts, 2,000 & 5,000pts (plays before 12/25)
#2 1/4 & 1/5 (plays 12/25-12/30?)
#3 1/11(free nights & pts) & 1/12 (plays from 12/31-1/8)
#4 1/15 (limited due to MLK holiday on 1/18) (for plays from until 1/14)
#5 1/19 (plays from 1/15 til?)
#6 1/29 (plays until 1/24)
#7 2/3 (plays until 1/29)
#8 2/5 (plays until 1/31?)

Has anyone received email with instructions on how to redeem prize? YES ($50 MC redemption instructions received 12/28)

--As of 1/19/16 10:00 am et(estimated) all plays were showing up as no wins. . The play site seems to be undergoing maintenance. Best not to use up the majority of your plays until things smooth out.

--As of 2:45 pm ET on 1/19 play site appears to be back up.

--as of 4:17pm ET on 1/19 500 point plays seems to be working again. No 5B prizes seem to be won at this time

--As of 6pm ET on 1/19 emails being received for wins during the morning hours of 1/19 where it stated no win after select elevator.

--As of 2:30pm EST on 1/20 still reports of nearly 100% 500 pt wins only. Best not to play alot of plays unless you only want 500 pt wins

--As of 8:00 pm EST on 1/20 multiple reports of 5B prizes being won again. Seems to be back to normal.

--As of 2:00 pm EST on 1/21 reports of $50, 2k, 5k, 1k pt wins (unsure of free night wins)

--As of 6:00 pm est on 1/22 everything seems to be working as usual(although very few mentions of free night)

--As of 2:00 pm EST on 1/25 seems like daily emails have been sent out since 1/18 until now.

--As of 6pm EST on 1/29 reports of emails being received from mailed in entries from around mid January. So turnaround for new mailings appear to be about 1 week.

--As of 5pm EST on 2/2 appears that emails have stopped arriving daily with many reporting last email received on 1/29.
Print Wikipost

Priceless Surprises Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2016, 10:44 pm

Programs: AA, BA, Delta, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Suite Disposition
Since Hello World seems to be processing January entries in a timely manner (mine included) it could be that the Post Office where their PO Box is has not delivered those mailed entries to Hello World.
I will repeat again - today I finally received missing 41 entries from the 84 submissions mailed together from Dec 15.
So, there is hope for others who are still missing their links to play from 2015.

My assumption is that our "missing" entries were/are at the bottom of the bin which keeps being refilled with new entries, since my family entries from January had a short turnaround as well.

Last edited by ellylex; Feb 5, 2016 at 10:50 pm
Old Feb 6, 2016, 4:10 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by ellylex
I will repeat again - today I finally received missing 41 entries from the 84 submissions mailed together from Dec 15.
So, there is hope for others who are still missing their links to play from 2015.

My assumption is that our "missing" entries were/are at the bottom of the bin which keeps being refilled with new entries, since my family entries from January had a short turnaround as well.
I am going to say I agree. Finally got emails for my b/f account for mailings from the weeks after xmas. I do not know if it was luck like you or if it was that i emailed every single day last week trying to get it resolved but I got 71 emails for 93 plays.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by DAB_Flyer
Played all 35 plays from today and got the following:

2x 5000
3x 1000
30x 500

28000 total

ETA: After playing all 35, I clicked on a link again and received the "We love your enthusiasm!" message.
28000 points earned from my 35 plays on 2/3 posted today, 2/6. Still waiting on 59 more plays (still getting the enthusiasm message when I click links again).
Old Feb 6, 2016, 6:01 am

Programs: TK *G, all statuses that come with Ritz, Amex Plat, Citi Prestige cards
Sent 93 entries on 1/26. So far have received 44 plays. Most 500 points, 3 no wins, 4x 2k points, 1 1k points. Surprised that some came so soon; hoping that the rest aren't lost...
Old Feb 6, 2016, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Agree with others, despite the slow start and the glitches, at the end both HW and IHG came through. Even though this might not be their initial intent for the promo but they honor the rules (since it is bound by the law), plus the speed up of the process towards the end, deserves a big thanks. Hopefully anyone still misses the plays will receive them in coming days. Then it would be a happy ending for everyone.
This is why I suspect they'll use this model with the kinks worked out for a future promo. However, they'll do it for the Brits and Euros and others worldwide, and leave out the USA with its sweepstakes laws. (Unless sweeps are similarly regulated elsewhere.) Back to just being a hotel promo.

"All's well that ends well." But, remember, "it ain't over till it's over." And who doesn't like a happy ending?
Old Feb 6, 2016, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by SEAfarer
This is why I suspect they'll use this model with the kinks worked out for a future promo. However, they'll do it for the Brits and Euros and others worldwide, and leave out the USA with its sweepstakes laws. (Unless sweeps are similarly regulated elsewhere.) Back to just being a hotel promo.

"All's well that ends well." But, remember, "it ain't over till it's over." And who doesn't like a happy ending?
HAHAH It'd be awesome if they did one for europe only as I have an address there as well I can use, hello 47k points LOL but just like your dream, I will keep dreaming lol

Im just happy that all of my plays have come thru, now I am doing it for my mom, so hoping hers come thru quick since the turnaround time seems fast now.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ellylex

Originally Posted by miadukes
I am going to say I agree. Finally got emails for my b/f account for mailings from the weeks after xmas. I do not know if it was luck like you or if it was that i emailed every single day last week trying to get it resolved but I got 71 emails for 93 plays.
+3.

I also would like to thank those who started emailing HW as I believe this finally brought HW to take action to clear the backlogs of the mailings, as well as the kind souls who pointed out the FAQ on the play screen is where one could start the dialogue.

Fwiw, I sent a message via the FAQ, got a response timestamped just after 6pm Friday with a somewhat personalized wording that said it would investigate the issue and would get back to me (DH) next week, versus a canned reply as posted by others in the past. In less than an hour, all 34 of DH's missing plays came in - he had never received such a large number in any play batch until then. I don't know whether it is coincidence or someone really took a few minutes to look at his account and released all the processed entries. Alas no Group A in this household but we got the points as the Sweepstakes specified. That is all that matters.

I got a feeling that the play emails were not immediately sent right after the entries were processed. It looks like a 2-step process (if not more) - first the entries were manually processed to the IHG account numbers, then the accounts were flagged for NEXT batch of emailing the plays. If the 2nd step has not been done properly or it depends on the handling person how to perform the 2nd step, then the accounts affected are in limbo. Otherwise it is hard to explain why some people got their plays in large number each mailing, some got the plays in drips and some are still waiting and waiting. It is really a luck of draw.

With the step-up processing speed, hopefully everyone who has sent in entries would get everything back before March deadline which is for submission of plays. The deadline to submit entries is Feb 15 so time is running out on that but plays still have a few weeks to go.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Happy
+3.

I also would like to thank those who started emailing HW as I believe this finally brought HW to take action to clear the backlogs of the mailings, as well as the kind souls who pointed out the FAQ on the play screen is where one could start the dialogue.

Fwiw, I sent a message via the FAQ, got a response timestamped just after 6pm Friday with a somewhat personalized wording that said it would investigate the issue and would get back to me (DH) next week, versus a canned reply as posted by others in the past. In less than an hour, all 34 of DH's missing plays came in - he had never received such a large number in any play batch until then. I don't know whether it is coincidence or someone really took a few minutes to look at his account and released all the processed entries. Alas no Group A in this household but we got the points as the Sweepstakes specified. That is all that matters.

I got a feeling that the play emails were not immediately sent right after the entries were processed. It looks like a 2-step process (if not more) - first the entries were manually processed to the IHG account numbers, then the accounts were flagged for NEXT batch of emailing the plays. If the 2nd step has not been done properly or it depends on the handling person how to perform the 2nd step, then the accounts affected are in limbo. Otherwise it is hard to explain why some people got their plays in large number each mailing, some got the plays in drips and some are still waiting and waiting. It is really a luck of draw.

With the step-up processing speed, hopefully everyone who has sent in entries would get everything back before March deadline which is for submission of plays. The deadline to submit entries is Feb 15 so time is running out on that but plays still have a few weeks to go.

I am glad that you got your missing entries. I also got an email right before on b/f account about them looking into it and then next minute i look and OMG there are 71 entires!!! I literally almost fell off my seat at the baseball game I was at!!! LOL
Old Feb 6, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I did a test run in November, sending in 3 entries entirely handwritten (including envelopes) and 3 entries where I printed the address and return address on the envelopes. Got all 6 emails by 1/5.

I sent the remainder of my entries once those points posted on 1/12, with all addresses printed on the envelopes. Received some emails from 1/19 to 1/26 and just kept playing.

Between IHG hotel stays and entries, I ended up getting 95 plays, yielding 56,500 points: one 5000, two 2000, three 1000, and eighty-nine 500.

Not too bad.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SEAfarer

I actually wish they bring back the really fun promo a few years back, that was to have pictures progressively revealed a part of it, for you to guess where the locale was - Day One you guessed right, you won the full prize, as more clues were revealed, the prize size went down correspondingly - but it was a really fun game to provoke you to learn some new places. That game also had its glitches as the "keywords" to use in order to judge a guess was the correct answer or not. Some disqualified "words" were problematic as there were no standard how "broad" an area should be used to describe the particular locale. Nonetheless that was the most fun promo so far in IHG's promotion history as it involved some intellectual twists.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: IHG Priority Club Spire Ambassador, AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Explorist
Haven't posted in a long time but I mailed 92 entries in last Saturday (Jan. 30) and received all of my plays today (Feb. 6). All of them in exactly a week! Very pleased with that turnaround. Time to play them and see how it goes!
Old Feb 6, 2016, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by dougwhitaker13
Haven't posted in a long time but I mailed 92 entries in last Saturday (Jan. 30) and received all of my plays today (Feb. 6). All of them in exactly a week! Very pleased with that turnaround. Time to play them and see how it goes!
WOW! That's great!!! I mailed my first batch last Sat as well and no emails thus far. Maybe Monday.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 11:11 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Gold
Getting worried, only got 34/60 entries I sent in mid-December. I sent in 34 more entries 1/25-1/27 and heard nothing, have friends that sent in 1/30 and gotten all 94 entries. Haven't received any e-mails since 1/28. Should I send more entries?
Old Feb 6, 2016, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by TTTTroll
Getting worried, only got 34/60 entries I sent in mid-December. I sent in 34 more entries 1/25-1/27 and heard nothing, have friends that sent in 1/30 and gotten all 94 entries. Haven't received any e-mails since 1/28. Should I send more entries?
My vote is to write in to HW and have them look at ur account.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by miadukes
My vote is to write in to HW and have them look at ur account.
Thanks I gave it a shot, if I don't hear from then by Friday then its back to the mail.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.