Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2015, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Middle_Seat
IHG Accelerate Fall / End of year promotion 2015

Stay dates 1 September 2015 and 31 December 2015, inclusive.

Offer page: http://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/off...ffer/dashboard

FAQ:

Q: Is there any way to change to different offers?
A: No.

Q: Can the same stay count towards multiple offers?
A: Yes, as long as it meets the terms of the individual offers, it will count for all of them. The same stay can count towards staying once, staying more, staying at a brand, staying on a weekend, booking with the app, paying with the credit card, and so on.

Q: Really? Seems too easy.
A: Yes, really.

Q: Do Cash and Points rates count as qualifying stays/nights?
A: No. Neither do award nights.

Q: How long does it take for completed items to show on the dashboard?
A: Various posters say their activities took 1 to 14 days to show.

Q: For "Change Your View" offer, can I stay at the same Holiday Inn more than once?
A: No, the stays must each be at different hotels to count separately.

Q: For "Change Your View" offer, does Holiday Inn Express count as a Holiday Inn?
A: No, Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn are different brands.

Q: For "Discover Our Brands" offer, can I count both Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn separately?
A: Yes, Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn are different brands.

Q: For "Eat, Drink and Earn" offer, must the food and beverage spend amount be a single transaction?
A: No, you can spread the spend amount across multiple transactions and multiple stays, to achieve the required total.

Q: If check in is in August, but check out is on September 1, will that count at all?
A: It appears that checkouts on September do not qualify.

Q: If check in is in August, but check out is after September 1, will that count at all?
A: No, check in must be Sept 1 or later. For stays starting in August and ending September 2 or later, it appears the September 1st and onward nights do count (e.g. Aug xx to Sep 3 = 2 nights).

Q: Do I need to make my reservations after September 1?
A: No, you can book now, or use bookings from before the promo was announced, as long as the stays are consumed starting Sept 1.

Terms and Conditions (as of 8/24/15):
You must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in “Accelerate” ("Promotion"). Upon Registration, members will be presented with the opportunity to earn at least 50,000 bonus points upon completion of all offers presented. Members will be awarded bonus points listed for each individual Promotional offer ("Offer") after completing the requirements of each individual Offer. Each Offer must be completed between 1 September 2015 and 31 December 2015 (both dates inclusive) ("Registration"). The bonus points earned through individual Offers can be used for redemption opportunities toward Reward Nights, merchandise and other redemption opportunities. See individual Offers for the specific terms and conditions per Offer type. A Stay is defined per IHG® Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out (“Stay”). A Stay constitutes a “Qualifying Stay” when member pays qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates at InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, EVEN®or HUALUXETM hotels worldwide. Bonus points are not issued for Non-Qualifying Room Rates or Non-Qualifying Stays. “Non-Qualifying Room Rates” or “Non-Qualifying Stay” include the following: any stay at a Kimpton Hotel, net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG® Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, rates booked through third party web sites, complimentary hotel Stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate at IHG’s sole discretion. Only one room per member per Qualifying Stay will be awarded the applicable bonus points. Each Promotion Offer of bonus points is available only once to each member. No retroactive bonus points will be awarded for Stays prior to Registration. Except as otherwise stated in the terms and conditions, please allow up to 2 to 3 weeks for Promotion Offer bonus points to be credited after checkout .This Promotion is subject to standard IHG Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihgrewardsclub.com. This exclusive Promotion is valid and applies to the original recipient only. IHG reserves the right to remove a member's bonus points or cancel a member’s account if fraudulent use of the Promotion is detected. IHG® Rewards Club reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion/Offer at any time with or without notice. IHG reserves the right of final interpretation of this Offer. Members must make any promotional inquiries by 60 days from the end of the campaign promotional period.
NEW Member offer
Stay twice and get a Free Night.

Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer. Free Nights earned are applicable only to the room nights and privileges specifically provided by this Promotion and supporting Offers, at IHG’s discretion, and are not comparable with IHG® Rewards Club Reward Night (redeemed by points) or any other room nights. To be eligible for this Offer you must complete a Stay (as defined below), on two separate occasions, throughout the period of 1 September 2015 to 31 December 2015 (inclusive). Free Nights earned from any such Stay, must be redeemed by 31 December 2016. A Stay is defined per IHG Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out (“Stay”). A Stay constitutes a “Qualifying Stay” when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates. Free Nights are not issued for Stays at the following reduced room rates (Non-Qualifying Room Rates or Non-Qualifying Stay): net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG® Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, rates booked through third party web sites, complimentary hotel Stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate at IHG’s sole discretion. Only one room per member per Stay will be awarded the applicable Free Nights. Free Nights can only be used in IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption of Free Night is subject to availability. The hotel room type provided by the hotels relating to this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion. Free Nights shall be redeemed on first-come and first-served basis. Redemptions must be made 24 hours in advance by logging in to the member account on www.ihgrewardsclub.com. Cancellation or changes must be made 48 hours prior to 6 P.M. of arrival date. Any changes or cancellation after that will be deemed to be a no show, and the Free Night credit will be removed from member's IHG Rewards Club account. Individual hotel’s cancellation policy applies to the use of the Free Night. Cancellation fees apply if cancellation is made outside of the hotel’s cancelation time period. Free Nights cannot be exchanged for cash and are not transferrable in the system to other members and guests. IHG reserves the right to remove a member's Free Night reward or cancel a member’s account if fraudulent use of the Offer is detected. IHG Rewards Club reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion/Offer at any time with or without notice. IHG reserves the right of final interpretation of this Offer.
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate End of year promotion (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2015, 5:14 am

Programs: IHG Spire
I've always had "challenging" targets for this type of promo. I've only had a couple of stays over the last year so hoped this may have been reflected in the offer. This is what I got:

Earn 133,400 total bonus points:

1. Stay once - 5,000
2. Stay 48 nights - 61,600
3. Book 2 stays on IHG app - 3,200
4. Stay a weekend - 4,000
5. Stay 17 times at corporate rate - 22,000
6. Spend $1,320 on food & beverage - 12,600
7. Redeem points - 1,000
8. Complete 6 out of 7 offers - 24,000
Old Aug 25, 2015, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by WannaTheater
Has anyone ever successfully gotten their offer changed? With the combination of my offers, i either have to redeem a bunch of points with cash (3 stays), or pay out of pocket for a weedend stay of 2 nights.... Both making the total bonus worth less than the investment of points or cash....
Depending where you are, and what the offers are, the weekend stay may still pay off. For last fall's promo, I complemented the travel I was doing anyway wth two local one night mattress runs, and the points / nights I earned were easily worth more than I paid for those.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 6:06 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
I have already made a whole bunch of reservations in other countries from now to end of year. Only one night is at an IHG property. Had IHG made this notification a little earlier, they might have got a heap of business. Too bad really. But then again, everything I booked was substantially cheaper and more convenient than the IHG properties. The promotion bonus points wouldn't have come anywhere near to the savings I will make
Old Aug 25, 2015, 6:44 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
CHANGE YOUR VIEW® - Need to be different hotels?

One of my tasks is to stay at 3 Holiday Inn Hotels ("Change Your View"). Does anyone have experience from previous promotions whether these need to be three distinct (different) hotels, or whether multiple stays at the same hotel would also qualify? The terms and conditions are not very clear about that:

Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after required numbers of Qualifying Stays have been consumed by the member between 1 September 2015 and 31 December 2015 (both dates inclusive) at Holiday Inn® hotels worldwide. Stays at Holiday Inn Resorts®, Holiday Inn Select and the Holiday Inn Club Vacation properties count as Stays at the Holiday Inn® brand.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by DuMaInSin
One of my tasks is to stay at 3 Holiday Inn Hotels ("Change Your View"). Does anyone have experience from previous promotions whether these need to be three distinct (different) hotels, or whether multiple stays at the same hotel would also qualify? The terms and conditions are not very clear about that:
Definitely three different properties. I would have thought they would have got the wording of this one right by now
Old Aug 25, 2015, 6:57 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
My targeted offer is lacklustre with the total earn being 50,000 points (i.e. the lowest offer possible in this promo). Into The Nights was a much better offer for me personally with 3 free nights and bonus points.

Have had 10+ nights so far this year but they were all redemptions.

Aside from an already planned weekend at the IC Singapore (to trigger the weekend at an IC and first stay bonus for a total of 15K), there isn't enough here to move any business to IHG this time around.

Stay Once Get 5,000
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 5,000 bonus points.

Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 8 night(s) and earn 10,400 bonus points.

A Luxurious Weekend
Stay at an (1) InterContinental® hotel for the weekend and earn 10,000 bonus points. A Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday night stay required.

Corporate Account Bonus
Stay 4 time(s) using your negotiated rate and earn 5,600 bonus points.

Member Exclusive Rate Bonus
Book 2 stays with the Member Exclusive rate and earn 4,000 bonus points.

Eat, Drink and Earn
Spend $80 on food or beverages at IHG® hotels and earn 800 bonus points.

Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 5 of 6 offers and earn (an additional) 14,200 bonus points.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 6:58 am

Quick question - do stays during the required period that were booked prior to the promotion count?

I have an upcoming stay I booked 2 months ago - couldn't see anything about date of booking requirements (which has been there in the past)
Old Aug 25, 2015, 7:02 am

Programs: DL Silver, HH Silver, IHG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
My challenge

Total: 89,400

Stay Once - 5,000
Stay 7 Nights - 11,600
Stay 4 Brands - 25,600
Stay 2 Holiday Inns - 6,400
Stay Weekend - 4,000
Stay 6x on Corp Rate - 8,800
Credit Card - 2,000
Complete 6 of 7 - 26,000

I have some Carlson stays for Sept that I may switch over to IHG, this challenge looks much more doable than the last one for me.

Last edited by butta1898; Aug 25, 2015 at 7:05 am Reason: Removed add'l comments
Old Aug 25, 2015, 7:11 am

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by HGHUA
Hey if starting a new acct for this promo what things should I watch to make sure IHG doesn't detect it. I know about using a different CC. Anything else?
Different IP, physical address, email address, browser. If you don't have access to a second address, you could add an apartment number in front of your real address (example: 12-34 Main St).
Old Aug 25, 2015, 7:37 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
- Stay Once Get 5,000Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 5,000 bonus points.
- Stay More, Earn MoreGet closer to the rewards you want when you stay 9 night(s) and earn 11,600 bonus points.
- Stay a Little LongerEarn 4,000 bonus points when you book a single stay of four or more consecutive nights.
- Travel with the IHG® AppBook 3 stay(s) with the IHG® App and earn 3,500 bonus points.
- Member Exclusive Rate BonusBook 2 stays with the Member Exclusive rate and earn 4,000 bonus points.
- Globetrotter BonusEarn 17,600 bonus points for staying at 3 IHG® hotel(s) outside of your country of residence. You’ll earn for one hotel stay per country.
- Eat, Drink and EarnSpend $100 on food or beverages at IHG® hotels and earn 1,100 bonus points.

Your Achievement BonusComplete 6 of 8 offers and earn (an additional) 18,000 bonus points.) It says complete 6 out of 8 offers but there are only 7 offers.

Not that easy to achieve. The best I can achieve is to leave out the 4 night stay or the 2 stay member exclusive rate bonus for 60,800 IHG points.

Anyone know which rate is member exclusive rate bonus? I don't see the exact wording on IHG website.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 8:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Anyone have any tips on how the hell I can do this efficiently? The hotels that I travel to are all 20K-30K points per stay.

3,600 Stay for Less and Earn
Earn 3,600 bonus points when you book 3 stay(s) using Points and Cash. We’ll reward you with more Bonus Points when you use a combination of points and cash. Terms
Old Aug 25, 2015, 8:52 am

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
78,900pts (Accelerate's for 11 nights) plus 15k pts (Book Direct's promo for 4 stays)... So, total 93,900pts for this fall.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by JohnK

Anyone know which rate is member exclusive rate bonus? I don't see the exact wording on IHG website.
I have the member exclusive rate bonus task too:

Member Exclusive Rate Bonus
Book 2 stays with the Member Exclusive rate and earn 4,000 bonus points.

Based on the T&C reflected, I have to book via this website:
http://www.ihg.com/hotels/gb/en/glob...special_vanity

However, participating hotels are across Asia Pacific (excluding China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), Middle East and Africa only.

Not too sure if you have the same task. Is there anything reflected in the T&C for this task?
Old Aug 25, 2015, 9:07 am

Well, it shows once more that IHG is not interested in loyal members. I am living in the Middle East and should stay three times for a weekend including each time Saturday night to get 8.800 bonus points. Guys, just get. The economy weakens. Russian tourists stayed off this year because of the weak Rubel, European tourists keep off because of a weak Euro and now the Chinese will stay off because the depreciation of Renminbi ... The hotel occupancy rate is expected to drop below 80 % ... Well, I will only hunt for those points of the offer that are worth it but definitely not 6 out of 7 because the investment would be too high for a too meagre outcome ... And if I see some offered posted, I feel truly cheated as a "Spire Ambassador" as well as "IHG Dining Rewards" member ...
Old Aug 25, 2015, 9:11 am

By the way, I truly like the hunts for points discovering "new worlds" but sorry guys, I am not stupid ... and invest more than I gain !!! I'd rather keep my over 500.000 points in my pocket and wait for better times ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.