Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How hard is it to combine reservations with my wife?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2015, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

How hard is it to combine reservations with my wife?

My wife and I plan to stay 3 nights at an IC in the summer. I have 1 Chase free night and she has 2 free nights from the recent ITN promo. If I book my night and she books her 2 nights immediately afterward with a notation to combine the reservation, how confident can I be that the hotel will honor that so we stay in the same room all 3 nights? I'm talking about one if the Tokyo hotels.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
My wife and I plan to stay 3 nights at an IC in the summer. I have 1 Chase free night and she has 2 free nights from the recent ITN promo. If I book my night and she books her 2 nights immediately afterward with a notation to combine the reservation, how confident can I be that the hotel will honor that so we stay in the same room all 3 nights? I'm talking about one if the Tokyo hotels.
No experience in Tokyo, but combining reservation allways worked for me (assuming you reserve the same room type). Just email the hotel a few days before you arrive.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 8:51 pm

90% if you make sure you book the same room type for both. Put notes in both reservations that you have x stay in this name and y stay in this name. It wouldn't hurt to email 7-10 days out.

Be sure to mention when checking in. The reservations may not be able to combine reservations, but they can be noted/blocked together.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

To make matters more confusing, I'm Plat Amb while my wife is just Plat from the Chase card. I know the Tokyo ICs don't give much to Amb on reward stays, but I'd at least get water and a small gift. How would the hotel handle this?
Old Jan 21, 2015, 7:37 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
To make matters more confusing, I'm Plat Amb while my wife is just Plat from the Chase card. I know the Tokyo ICs don't give much to Amb on reward stays, but I'd at least get water and a small gift. How would the hotel handle this?
i wouldn't worry, you've done the right thing and booked yours first, have you checked re the Tokyo properties re whether they give benefits on reward stays? i recall reading one was good, and one wasn't so good, re club etc, you may want to check the most recent news on those threads.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by jabbered
90% if you make sure you book the same room type for both. Put notes in both reservations that you have x stay in this name and y stay in this name. It wouldn't hurt to email 7-10 days out.

Be sure to mention when checking in. The reservations may not be able to combine reservations, but they can be noted/blocked together.
I am looking to book 4 nights on awards from 2 accounts, Crowne Plaza - Auckland. Would calling reservation number not be easier to ensure 2 reservations are combined?
Old Feb 15, 2015, 4:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
I am looking to book 4 nights on awards from 2 accounts, Crowne Plaza - Auckland. Would calling reservation number not be easier to ensure 2 reservations are combined?
Assuming that all the nights are award nights and the same room type , then just inform the hotel at check in and there will be no issue just spending all 4 nights in the same room

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.