Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2022, 11:34 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
please delete, misread

Last edited by Admiral Ackbar; Aug 9, 2022 at 1:17 pm
Old Aug 9, 2022, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Just used my first weekend certificate. Can anyone clarify if this is a qualifying stay and attracts reward points? The confirmation and booking always showed an estimated points balance from the booking but it has now posted on my account as non qualifying and 0 points. Is this correct??

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 3:26 pm

Should qualify for what you actually paid.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by Neilgcal
Just used my first weekend certificate. Can anyone clarify if this is a qualifying stay and attracts reward points? The confirmation and booking always showed an estimated points balance from the booking but it has now posted on my account as non qualifying and 0 points. Is this correct??

Thanks in advance.
give it a couple of days and it should resolve itself.

I had this a couple,of weeks ago and it sorted itself out adding 2 nights to the nights tracker and the points from the first nights stay plus my status bonus. The bonus points from the 2,3,4 x offer followed a couple of days later.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 4:11 am

Programs: QFF
Apologies if already asked (I've gone back to Jan 2022 in the thread) - is the physical AMB weekend night voucher actually required when checking in (per the wiki)? Just joined the programme and my first stay is in 3 weeks and I've booked the AMB rate online, but unlikely to have the joining pack arrive anytime soon.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 4:15 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by ChasingDaylight
Apologies if already asked (I've gone back to Jan 2022 in the thread) - is the physical AMB weekend night voucher actually required when checking in (per the wiki)? Just joined the programme and my first stay is in 3 weeks and I've booked the AMB rate online, but unlikely to have the joining pack arrive anytime soon.
There is no physical card, voucher or joining pack anymore. As long as the AMB weekend is showing as available in your online account the hotel will deal with it electronically.

Last edited by Keefy-boy; Aug 20, 2022 at 4:42 am
Old Aug 20, 2022, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by Keefy-boy
There is no physical card or joining pack anymore. As long as the AMB weekend is showing as available in your online account the hotel will deal with it electronically.
Understood; appreciate the quick reply!
Old Aug 20, 2022, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by ChasingDaylight
Understood; appreciate the quick reply!
Are you able to see the free night in your account?
Old Aug 20, 2022, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by Corridor!
Are you able to see the free night in your account?
Yes - and I've used it to book the second weekend night of a stay I want coming up (saving lmost $500/AUD, so already paying for itself) - however the wiki at the top of this thread was leading me astray around having to have the physical voucher
Old Aug 21, 2022, 2:20 am

Does anyone know if we get same benefits staying in Regent and Crowne plaza properties?
Old Aug 21, 2022, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by bhyx
Does anyone know if we get same benefits staying in Regent and Crowne plaza properties?
The Ambassador benefits, such as the free night voucher discussed in previous posts, are only available at Intercontinental properties.

However, since it automatically provides Platinum status for the IHG group, you can expect Platinum benefits in Regent & Crowne Plaza hotels.

Last edited by schlegfr; Aug 21, 2022 at 5:48 am Reason: Added link to Plat benefits
Old Aug 21, 2022, 1:17 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
The weekend certificate can be used any night of the week at a Regent , until the end of this year . Whether it will be continued beyond 🤷‍♂️
Old Aug 21, 2022, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by ninjalad
The weekend certificate can be used any night of the week at a Regent , until the end of this year . Whether it will be continued beyond 🤷‍♂️
And Kimptons as well.

I don't think it will be extedned. i got the impression it was very much a covid ameleoration measure to allow people more chance to use their vouchers.what with so many hotels being closed for a time, reduction in travel for business and travel restrictions (not being able to enter the US for well over 18 months certainly restricted my ability to use it!)
Old Aug 23, 2022, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by ninjalad
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
And Kimptons as well.

I don't think it will be extedned. i got the impression it was very much a covid ameleoration measure to allow people more chance to use their vouchers.what with so many hotels being closed for a time, reduction in travel for business and travel restrictions (not being able to enter the US for well over 18 months certainly restricted my ability to use it!)
Thank you, Guys, for this info which I overlooked.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 5:31 am

Programs: LH FTL, IHG Spire Ambassador, Bonvoy Gold
Hi all,

seems that I missed my ambassador renewal window as the site shows:

I'm Diamond Elite Member and I have a plenty of points. I'm thinking that this year the travels will be bit less and I might do only 15-20 nights at IGH properties. Previously there were extension benefits and I do not know what is the status nowadays. So in short, should I spend 40k of points to extend my ambassador, as this option somehow still seems to be available?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.