Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Acquires Kimpton

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2016, 6:15 pm

So it looks like Kimpton properties are showing up in searches on the IHG website now, but where it normally says "check rates", it instructs you to visit the Kimpton website for availability. The Kimpton Brice is showing up for me in a search for Savannah in April.

The Kimpton logo is also listed among the IHG brands on the top of the (desktop version) website. More big integration news soon hopefully?
Old May 30, 2016, 11:01 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
The pace of the integration between the loyalty programs is frustrating. I have several upcoming trips where there are few or no convenient IHG hotels but at least one Kimpton option each.

And now that we have no status match program, earning status with Kimpton the hard way seems like a heavy lift, not knowing what the future holds and already being elite with IHG.

At this point, I may just skip the IHG summer promotion entirely and give everything to Marriott. It's better than staying in a HIX by the airport.
Old May 31, 2016, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
I am afraid that integration is as slow as SPG for Marriott and Fairmont for AccorHotels
Old May 31, 2016, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
As I understand it, SPG and Marriott has not been finalized yet, whereas Kimpton has been a done deal for quite a while now.
Old May 31, 2016, 11:38 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
The pace of the integration between the loyalty programs is frustrating. I have several upcoming trips where there are few or no convenient IHG hotels but at least one Kimpton option each.

And now that we have no status match program, earning status with Kimpton the hard way seems like a heavy lift, not knowing what the future holds and already being elite with IHG.
Kimpton's social media presence on FT has basically confirmed that everything will be status quo through year end 2016. There hasn't been confirmation on exactly when additional integration will happen (and what form that will be in), but presumably it'll be in 2017... but no guarantees it will be Jan 1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.