Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Acquires Kimpton

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2015, 7:27 pm
Suspended

GOT and DW,

Doubtful and doubtful.

I expect integration by no later than 1/1/2016, otherwise, their desire to grow the brand outside of the USA, as well as to fill glaring holes in their US city downtown locations will not be maximizing the cost that they paid for the hotels.

I am sure that they will integrate them into IHG Rewards and I think that it may be more than coincidence that the Ambassador kits are delayed. @:-)
Old May 5, 2015, 10:11 am

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Mariott Platinum (UA SI) Avis First, National Executive
Originally Posted by dw
If there are going to be changes to the Kimpton IC program, I hope that what will be announced shortly is a timeline/roadmap for changes or integration, to be effective January 1, 2016 (for earning status for 2017) and for full implementation in 2017. The problem is that we are already almost half way through 2015, and Karma members have certainly been planning stays based on expected benefits for the 2016 status year.
I think that it will come with the announcement of the new tier. I suspect that all IHG programs to be rolled into a single program with current Ambassador and KK IC customers getting the new top tier for the remaining of the year. Maybe IC will roll into Platinum, because the qualification requirements are the same as the new Platinum.

The biggest issue with the timing is that it is done in the middle of the year and about half year of stays are gone and cannot be planned any more. I think that lots of ex-Kimpton IC would have a hard time making the 75 night threshold
Old May 5, 2015, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by IflyfromABE
I think that it will come with the announcement of the new tier. I suspect that all IHG programs to be rolled into a single program with current Ambassador and KK IC customers getting the new top tier for the remaining of the year. Maybe IC will roll into Platinum, because the qualification requirements are the same as the new Platinum.

The biggest issue with the timing is that it is done in the middle of the year and about half year of stays are gone and cannot be planned any more. I think that lots of ex-Kimpton IC would have a hard time making the 75 night threshold
I very much hope this is not the case. If RA goes away from IHG I probably do to.
Old May 6, 2015, 7:55 am

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Mariott Platinum (UA SI) Avis First, National Executive
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I very much hope this is not the case. If RA goes away from IHG I probably do to.
No other programs out there have any equivalent, so it is likely that RA will go away and for a good reason, since the qualification requirements for RA are less than those for the new higher tier (60 nights vs 75 nights + the brands)
Old May 6, 2015, 8:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by davidw70
The most I've been able to find is a tweet from IHGCare on April 23 stating "updates will soon be published regarding the integration"

I have a Kimpton booking in June, and it would be nice to earn IHG points on that stay. My guess is the earliest will be July as it could happen at the same time as the launch of the new IHG Rewards tier
I think that was my tweet to which IHG replied!
Given the recent 75K point status, I am not sure they will roll out anything til the fall or end of this year.
Old May 6, 2015, 8:27 am

Programs: RA, UA MM 1k, AA EXP, Marriott LTP, Hyatt Plat, SPG100
+1
Old May 6, 2015, 11:21 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Not quite same as first one needs to enroll as Ambassadir before any IC branded hotel nights and then stay at least 20 qualifying rate paid IC hotel nights

If an Ambassador or RA stays at other IHG brands then Amb/RA status has no relevance so no need to ditch RA when creating the 75night elite category

AND...... IHG already communicated RAs will on July 1st all get upped to the new 75night tier which kind of States RA is continuing
Obviously RA's will reach new tier goals on points before nights anyway in their Ambasador years

Stays at IC's only give value for paid Ambassador elites who may do not do enough nights to reach RA either in total or at IC's. I can see where it is worth buying Amb status for upgrades even if only making 10 IC nights per year

RA's who make the plus 20 IC nights per year only benefit from the RA status on the IC portion of nights

I don't see IHG corporate giving up the Ambassador yearly fees which they pocket and do not pass on to hotels. Whilst I may be wrong I am believing RA wil carry on along sides @rewards as per las xx years

I don't do USA nights where Kimpton hotels are located but I would not expect any Kimpton program merge r into @rewards until at least Jan2016, the IT used just won't let IHG do such a merge easily or quickly
Old May 6, 2015, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I very much doubt that will happen, but to add fuel to the rumour fire I am at the IC BUD now and instead of an Ambassador check in area at the front desk, they have an IHG Gold and Platinum check in area at the front desk.
Old May 6, 2015, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Not quite same as first one needs to enroll as Ambassadir before any IC branded hotel nights and then stay at least 20 qualifying rate paid IC hotel nights
I had thought RA was by invitation only based on some secret criteria?
Old May 7, 2015, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I had thought RA was by invitation only based on some secret criteria?
It's a pretty open secret these days since the criteria are published. You must be an AMB to qualify however so the OP is right.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 1:16 am

Programs: Amex Centurion
Kimpton CEO Mike DeFrino says something about IHG and Kimpton Rewards Programs integration....or does he??

http://skift.com/2015/06/22/kimpton-...g-integration/
Old Jul 14, 2015, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by TravelStar
Kimpton CEO Mike DeFrino says something about IHG and Kimpton Rewards Programs integration....or does he??

http://skift.com/2015/06/22/kimpton-...g-integration/
The question is: to what extent current Kimpton hotels's customers are the basis of the brand growth (reason why IHG has acquired it)?

The answer might be not.

Still, it is not difficult to imagine an IHG Rewards Club that takes into account both IHG Elite status AND number of Kimpton nights to please everyone (in the case Kimpton guests NEVER stay elsewhere and still want to be rewarded for their loyalty at Kimpton).
Old Jul 14, 2015, 9:06 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Still, it is not difficult to imagine an IHG Rewards Club that takes into account both IHG Elite status AND number of Kimpton nights to please everyone (in the case Kimpton guests NEVER stay elsewhere and still want to be rewarded for their loyalty at Kimpton).
I wouldn't be surprised to see something that parallels IC Amb/RA-- points earning and redemption at Kimpton will be integrated into IHG Rewards, but they will continue their own elite program (Inner Circle) with its own set of qualifying criteria, and there will be no official on-property recognition of IHG elites
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
The beginning of the end of Kimpton as we know it.

Hotel Monaco SF - gone

Hotel Palomar SF - gone

Prescott Hotel SF - gone

Argonaut and Tuscan - at risk

Buchanan and Sir Francis Drake - probably safe for now (already subject to union contracts).

Some of these were the founding cornerstones of Kimpton.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The beginning of the end of Kimpton as we know it.

Hotel Monaco SF - gone

Hotel Palomar SF - gone

Prescott Hotel SF - gone

Argonaut and Tuscan - at risk

Buchanan and Sir Francis Drake - probably safe for now (already subject to union contracts).

Some of these were the founding cornerstones of Kimpton.
http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/20...ar_SF_as_Well_

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.