Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win Promotion Fall 2013

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2013, 2:05 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
I don't want to jump into a pool full of sharks in the middle of an argument ... but ... since you mentioned "free nights"

If I book a two-night stay, Friday to Sunday, using the IDEX1 ("Partner Rate 2X1" a.k.a 2-4-1) rate, the average nightly rate shows as €39.50, but in the terms it talks about a rate change and that the Saturday night is €0 per night i.e. Friday is full price, Saturday is "free".

I need a Saturday night for the Big Win. Can anyone confirm that a Fri + Sat night booked on IDEX1 actually posts the Sat for Big Win?
For 241 booking's (eg IDEX1) , both nights count as qualifying nights.

So yes, both nights count for big-win purposes
Old Oct 11, 2013, 3:04 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Folks, please stay to the topic and do not get into the personal level. Point of view and interpretations of t&c are worth to be discussed and one can read it in both ways. In so far sharing the interpretations is okay, get into the personal level and becoming offensive not.

Consider this as warning before I will delete and / or edit posts.

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old Oct 11, 2013, 4:05 am

FLYGVA- completely agree, I think the positions have been made quite clearly already and any continuance is likely to get repetitive (and potentially bad tempered). With the greatest respect to Wan1dap, I suspect those people who are interested in any of this, are probably more anxious to hear Carolyn's thoughts at this stage than his/hers (or mine).

Shorthauldad/ Scubaccr - if possible, you might want to wait and try to get that confirmed officially as regards the 2 for 1. I've heard that while some have posted fine as 2 nights in practice, in theory they aren't actually supposed to be qualifying - so if it didn't post and it was an important stay to complete the challenge, you might have a problem.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by dennycrane1
FLYGVA- completely agree, I think the positions have been made quite clearly already and any continuance is likely to get repetitive (and potentially bad tempered). With the greatest respect to Wan1dap, I suspect those people who are interested in any of this, are probably more anxious to hear Carolyn's thoughts at this stage than his/hers (or mine).

Shorthauldad/ Scubaccr - if possible, you might want to wait and try to get that confirmed officially as regards the 2 for 1. I've heard that while some have posted fine as 2 nights in practice, in theory they aren't actually supposed to be qualifying - so if it didn't post and it was an important stay to complete the challenge, you might have a problem.
Actually 241's are indeed meant to be qualifying and do post as such. I frequently book such pairs of nights, and all post as 2x qualifying. I am speaking from personal experience and own wide usage og 241 rate.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 5:10 am

Hi scubaccr,

Thanks for that - if it's definitely right, it's great news!

By all accounts I know they certainly can post (and maybe always do - I have no experience personally).

The reason for my doubt is that, when I was planning how to ensure I hit my Big Win targets, I asked IHG if the 2 4 1 partner rate was a qualifying rate for the promo, and was told that unfortunately it wasn't. I may have been misinformed, but personally I would still err on the side of caution if it was an important stay (like a city one far away), just in case there are any problems with it posting.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 6:35 am

Programs: HH gold, Marriott PLT, LH FTL, A3 *G, IHG Plat Ambassador, CC Gold, Mileage+ Silver, TK Elite
The Big Win Promotion

Anyone already had the following credited ?
Book with us: Book 2 separate stays through an IHG hotel website or mobile device to get our best price guarantee and receive 2,000 Points

I has several stays and booked through the site but it has not been credited. All the stays were already posted on my big win page
Old Oct 11, 2013, 6:48 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by djswa007
Book with us: Book 2 separate stays through an IHG hotel website or mobile device to get our best price guarantee and receive 2,000 Points

I has several stays and booked through the site but it has not been credited. All the stays were already posted on my big win page
Not that one but my Spend It To Get It points were credited just about 2 weeks after completion.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 6:53 am

Programs: IHG Amb,Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by djswa007

I have done it and it has been correctly credited.

''Book 2 separate stays through an IHG® hotel website or mobile device to get our best price guarantee and receive 3,600 Points ''
Old Oct 11, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: LX M&M FTL, Aegean Gold, Mabuhay Miles Platinum
Originally Posted by scubaccr
For 241 booking's (eg IDEX1) , both nights count as qualifying nights.

So yes, both nights count for big-win purposes
For me they always credited as well, and so did IKEX3 rates, but I believe that you are not entitled to it (although I once did a successful retroclaim for an IDEX1 rate).

It has however been said in this thread (by the IHG representative if I recall correctly) that IKEX3 rates do not qualify for the big win, so I also wonder about IDEX1. Can anyone confirm a positive completion of a big win challenge that includes nights booked on IDEX1?
Old Oct 11, 2013, 11:06 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
Ha! I suspect they're in for a long wait. Best to suck it up and move on.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 11:46 am

Anybody know what's going on with the survey? When will that be opened up?
Old Oct 11, 2013, 12:40 pm

Yeah ... the issue is that I'm trying very very hard not to stay away from home on Saturday nights! So a 2-4-1 deal lets me check in somewhere on a Friday afternoon and <cough> if for whatever reason I'm not there to check out on Sunday, I guess I'll have to phone them and let them know I left in a hurry
Old Oct 11, 2013, 1:23 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
Yeah ... the issue is that I'm trying very very hard not to stay away from home on Saturday nights! So a 2-4-1 deal lets me check in somewhere on a Friday afternoon and <cough> if for whatever reason I'm not there to check out on Sunday, I guess I'll have to phone them and let them know I left in a hurry
One can always check out of a property via phone. I do it all the time. Recently, there was a *be back in 15 min* sign posted at the front desk at some random SpringHill (Marriott). I simply left and phoned them from the road.

This past Wednesday, I departed the Candlewood Birmingham Hoover Alabama (BTW, I strongly recommend not staying there). I did not see anyone at the front desk. Likewise, I simply phoned them from the road.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 2:08 pm

Heck, just checkin in and leave unobtrusively 10 minutes later. Hotel will auto check you out at midday of last night, no need to phone in.

I even did a 4 night mattress run, a few years back on some cheap rate without even staying. Just placed dnd sign and left. Still got my 4nights
credit without ringing them up.

Thing is some hotels insist on seeing room (or speaking wth you) every second day .... check room not destoyed or your not dead in their bed!
Old Oct 11, 2013, 3:04 pm

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, IHG Gold, Accor Gold
Disclaimer - I've not read the thread, I'm not going to read all however many replies in the thread tonight, and not sure a search will be very helpful, but hoping someone will kindly answer my question even if it has been already answered up thread...

For the stay in two cities bit, mine are all European cities. If I have two stays in different London properties does that count or do I have to do two different cities in the list to qualify for that particular bit of the bonus?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.