Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2011, 7:02 am

Programs: VA Plat, TK E, HH Dia, IHG Gold
I just did a search. It is possible to do a regular booking (for a random date) in early November and then select the reward nights option from the bottom of the booking page. Not sure if that helps?
Old May 3, 2011, 4:40 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by lililolo
I am trying to book the crowne plaza beijing wangfujing in early november this year. I checked and checked and nothing available. Is it normal? Any strategy to book reward stay?

The review for this hotel is not all that great but I think the location cannot be beat. Any recent stay at this hotel and wouldn't mind to share your thought?

also, is there any perk for the platinum member?

Thanks in advance,
It's as you say. Location is great for local attractions. Common areas are good. But standard rooms are tired and inferior to usual CP standards. As Plat I was given an upgrade to a room which wasn't that good either. Ended up paying the difference for a higher class room. I think they give lounge access to plats. Lounge itself is not amazing but not terrible either. Don't know if they offer lounge access for reward stays

Last edited by wobbly wings; May 3, 2011 at 4:46 pm
Old May 3, 2011, 6:27 pm

Programs: priority club, aeroplan, air miles
Thumbs up wonderful point break stay

We stayed here a couple of years ago in February and loved it. We were upgraded(platinum) to a club floor and had breakfast everyday. They wouldn't even let me get my coffee myself. The room was beautiful and new with a flat screen tv and more English stations than we'd had in Australia.
They gave us free drink coupons and had fresh fruit in the room. We spent nothing there. My husband kept saying do they know we're not paying anything.(point breaks) It was close to shopping and in a good location. We had our own tour guide so I can't really comment on how close it is to anything other than the shopping mall next door. We loved it and it has been one of our top hotels for treatment and appointment. I'd stay there in a flash.
Old May 13, 2011, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by wobbly wings
It's as you say. Location is great for local attractions. Common areas are good. But standard rooms are tired and inferior to usual CP standards.
I agree with this - I'm staying there as I write. CP Guangzhou is 100 times better.
Old May 13, 2011, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Agree this isn't the greatest CP in China, but for location and treatment of Plats it is hard to beat particularly for first time visitors to Beijing. As for awards, I have stayed there a couple of times on awards in the fall (i.e. October/November) but suspect these are hard to get during the high tourist season when most rooms are booked. Don't miss the Contemporary Art Museum up the street, admission is now free.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 8:16 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum; HHonors Diamond;Emerald Club Executive Elite
Wow...I have a totally different opinion of this hotel. Not a huge fan of CP, but booked a stay since it was ALOT cheaper than the Hiltons (my first choice, using points). Rooms were about $85 per night so decided to pay instead of using points. I was very surprised. Good location and close to the subway, and a pretty nice property overall. Rooms were fairly large and up to date (except the suede around the luggage area).

Smallish executive lounge but very few people seemed to use it. Lounge had a good variety of food for both breakfast and happy hour. Of course, liquor and wine were freely flowing. All the staff were amazing and very helpful. I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to anyone.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 1:25 pm

Programs: Former UA 1K, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IC AMB
Hello, I booked 1 nt at this CP Wangfujing, and was suprised to see that the "1 KING BED CLUB SUITE" room type was offered at the standard 25K pt level...so I booked 2 of them. Is there any chance this won't be honored?

Thanks!
Old Aug 12, 2013, 2:20 am

Programs: BA, DC, IC
Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing

Hi,

Going to Beijing and plan to stay at the Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing using reward nights (I have stayed here before and it fits what we want) just wondering has anyone been able to pay for the club rooms on a reward night? If so at what cost? Also anyone have an email address for reservations direct at the hotel?

Thanks
Old Aug 12, 2013, 3:41 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

There is a post in the Priority Club Experience Thread about this property:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20132667-post724.html

You might also check out this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...-possible.html

(Speaking as moderator of this forum:
I am considering to merge this thread with the one mentioned above later)
Old Aug 13, 2013, 12:31 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Why not? Price likely the difference between booked and club room, i.e. max. 500 CNY.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
any recent stays here? i'll be here for a couple of nights at the end of April

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.