Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Express Hong Kong Soho (left IHG)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2012, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Bumping this in case anyone has actually stayed at this property yet. I am seeing a rate of about 1000HKD per night during my upcoming trip which is pretty good. Right now I am deciding between this property and the Kowloon East properties.
It all depends on where you'd like to be. HIE Soho has better location but in a fairly old business area. Kowloon East is far from everything and you'll be in a residential area.

If you go to HK as a tourist then Soho is a much better choice.

1000 HKD is cheap, is that from IHG's site? I couldn't see anything close to that when I checked last time.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 6:55 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by nacho
It all depends on where you'd like to be. HIE Soho has better location but in a fairly old business area. Kowloon East is far from everything and you'll be in a residential area.

If you go to HK as a tourist then Soho is a much better choice.

1000 HKD is cheap, is that from IHG's site? I couldn't see anything close to that when I checked last time.
Yes it is actually 963.33HKD and it is on November 23 to November 26 and for one person (that may make a difference).

I am familiar with Hong Kong and not really going their as a tourist and would actually like to stay someone other than where I usually stay which is in the heart of Kowloon and Hong Kong areas.

The Kowloon East properties are in the $1200HKD area during my trip as well and my only issue with them is that they look to be a complete pain in the arse to get to from the airport.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mcgahat
Yes it is actually 963.33HKD and it is on November 23 to November 26 and for one person (that may make a difference).

I am familiar with Hong Kong and not really going their as a tourist and would actually like to stay someone other than where I usually stay which is in the heart of Kowloon and Hong Kong areas.

The Kowloon East properties are in the $1200HKD area during my trip as well and my only issue with them is that they look to be a complete pain in the arse to get to from the airport.
E22A will bring you pretty close to HIE KLN East. There are more places to eat close to HIE Soho.

http://www.nwstbus.com.hk/routesearc...21&intLangID=2
Old Oct 22, 2012, 9:23 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by nacho
E22A will bring you pretty close to HIE KLN East. There are more places to eat close to HIE Soho.

http://www.nwstbus.com.hk/routesearc...21&intLangID=2
Thanks. Looks like that is right around the corner from the hotels. The CP looks nice but you are right....not much out there and that will be a long bus ride. I could be in Macau quicker!
Old Oct 26, 2012, 2:16 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat.
Great stay!

Stayed 4 nights in mid-October. Overall, I was very satisfied. Much nicer than any HIE I've ever stayed at.

Breakfast buffet was served on the 38th floor. Much better food selection than the average US HIE assortment with a wide variety of both Chinese and Western items. Breakfast will move to the 2nd floor when construction work is finished there.

Great views of the harbor and Kowloon from both the room (35th FL) and Breakfast lounge. The rooms are smaller , but not uncomfortably so and are well designed to make the most of the space.

Powerful large shower area, safe, well lit rooms using mostly LED's. To save energy, the drapes close automatically when the key-card is removed. Three fast guest elevators. 5 minute walk to the MTR, 15 minutes to the airport express train.

The staff tried hard and went out of their way to please. I was very satisfied with my stay.

I redeemed 15k PC per night (105 USD/825 HKD).
Old Oct 26, 2012, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any Plat upgrades at HK HIE?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 8:23 pm
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
What's the easiest and most straight forward way to get to this HIE from HKIA?

And I don't mean taxi Any Airport bus that drops you close by? Or just take the express train to HK and transfer to something else?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Walk to the airport express train station. People on TA claims it takes 10 minutes but when I looked at the map it ought to take longer.

There are airport buses too - again according TA it's 10 mins walk from the hotel.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 2:50 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
I took the Airport Express to Hong Kong/Central station and then 1 stop on the (blue) Island Line (free with Airport Express fare on Octopus card) to Sheung Wan. The hotel is approximately 2.5 blocks from the Des Voeux and Hillier St exit there.

It's a long walk to transfer to the Island Line however. I had a pretty decent stay at the hotel. Great location and some good food and drink within a reasonable walking distance. Great value for 15,000 points. And no, the breakfast isn't too bad either.

Originally Posted by enelym1978
What's the easiest and most straight forward way to get to this HIE from HKIA?

And I don't mean taxi Any Airport bus that drops you close by? Or just take the express train to HK and transfer to something else?
Old Nov 27, 2012, 7:37 pm

Came back from my 2 night stay and was happy with it. When arriving with the Airport Express, alight at Hong Kong station then switch to the free hotel shuttle bus. It's bus H1, just make sure you go to the right direction as both buses (H1 and H2) split to two final destinations. First stop for that H1 line is the HIE Soho. Last bus was at about 23h12. Otherwise it's about HKD30 for a taxi ride.

Walking from Sheung Wan MTR station is quite easy as well, not suitcase friendly (HK sidewalks are not suitcase friendly...) but manageable if you don't have a huge suitcase.

Rooms are nice, reasonable sizes for HK and the hotel is situated in a quiet area, except for the weekend as there are bars on that street and patrons usually stand outside to smoke and chat... But the rooms are soundproof (I was on the 21st floor with a tiny partial harbor view and view of the ICC).

Small bathroom but functional.

Breakfast is free, so is WiFi throughout the hotel. The only bad thing is that the breakfast room, at the Thai restaurant on 2nd floor, is way too small to accommodate all the hotel guests. Seriously, you have to queue and wait for quite some time before some seats free up. And they will of course make you share a table with other guests (which is actually quite common in HK restaurants).

A few pics:

Old Nov 28, 2012, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the review! What about breakfast? Is it buffet or not?
Old Nov 28, 2012, 2:38 am

Yup, buffet style. Some western and Asian selection: bread, cereals, fruits, baos, basic dim sum, fried noodles, congee.

Not the best breakfast ever but again, it's included in all the rates. And there are more than enough local options right down the street.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by enelym1978
Yup, buffet style. Some western and Asian selection: bread, cereals, fruits, baos, basic dim sum, fried noodles, congee.

Not the best breakfast ever but again, it's included in all the rates. And there are more than enough local options right down the street.
Wow that's much better than the horrible 'set' breakfast at HIE Kowloon East. It's inside the Japanese restaurant and you get a menu and pick what you want, and it's a bit like hospital style (a tray with food on). I picked the chinese option and I got a bowl of congee, some turnip cakes and a boiled egg.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 6:28 am

Programs: StarAlliance (UA 1K), PriorityClub (Plat), SPG (Plat), OneWorld (AA), SkyTeam (KLM), Marriott (Gold)
Will stay here Friday 7 to Monday 10

I've booked the superior room and I'm hoping for an upgrade to the suite as a plat.

I know this should happen if they have free rooms, but wondering if others have had upgrades at this hotel?

I'll report back next week in any case
Old Dec 9, 2012, 7:21 am
alc

Will be staying at the hotel during shortly with my family (wife + 5yr old), was wondering for those are currently at this hotel or had stayed at this hotel can advise what kind of amenities do they offer? I assumed they will have Body Lotion, Shampoo and Conditioner, but what we want to know are the following:

- Shower/Bath Gel
- Toothpaste & Toothbrush
- Mouth Wash

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.